Equal with God = God....no question

genuineoriginal

You are making an invalid comparison for Christ's equality with God is not an equality of roles.
What makes you think that?
The Bible is very clear that the relationship between Joseph and Pharaoh is like the relationship between the Son and God.

Genesis 41:39-44
39 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
41 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
42 And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
43 And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.
44 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.​

1 Corinthians 15:27-28:27-28
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.​

Even in the case of the wife and husband they were created equal their true relationship [in Christ] is equality, woman was only made subject to man because of sin.

Their equality is in their humanity
You know that the relationship between each other is the one at stake, but you are now trying to change that by introducing a third party.

Here is how your newly introduced person affects the dynamic in my example.
A wife can never be her own husband, but both the wife and the husband can be the parent of the child.

...which is my arguent that Christ's equality with God is in their Deity.
The Bible does not say that, but the Bible does say that the equality is in their Lordship over us.
We are to be servants to both Jesus and God, and if we are servants of Jesus then we will worship only God the Father because that is the command Jesus gave us.

The relationship between Jesus and God is described over and over and over and over as being that of a Son and a Father.

Why would you want to tell people to stop paying attention to the clear words of scripture in order to adopt a doctrine that is never presented clearly in the Bible?

genuineoriginal

How is your body not you?
How is your spirit not you?
How is your soul not you?
It is not God's body, but one God made for Jesus.

Hebrews 10:5
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:​

God's spirit is on His prophets.

Numbers 11:29
29 And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord'S people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!​

And nowhere in scripture is there any indication that Jesus' soul was God's soul.
Your wife isn't you. Ask her. I'm sure she knows.
That is the point.
Whenever you are talking about two different persons, it is wrong to claim that they are the same person.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is Jahweh God, He is the God of the OT who spoke through the prophets Peter says the Spirit of Christ spoke through the prophets.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What makes you think that?
The Bible is very clear that the relationship between Joseph and Pharaoh is like the relationship between the Son and God.

Genesis 41:39-44
39 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
41 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
42 And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
43 And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.
44 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.​

1 Corinthians 15:27-28:27-28
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.​

You know that the relationship between each other is the one at stake, but you are now trying to change that by introducing a third party.

Here is how your newly introduced person affects the dynamic in my example.
A wife can never be her own husband, but both the wife and the husband can be the parent of the child.

The Bible does not say that, but the Bible does say that the equality is in their Lordship over us.
We are to be servants to both Jesus and God, and if we are servants of Jesus then we will worship only God the Father because that is the command Jesus gave us.

The relationship between Jesus and God is described over and over and over and over as being that of a Son and a Father.

Why would you want to tell people to stop paying attention to the clear words of scripture in order to adopt a doctrine that is never presented clearly in the Bible?

You keep repeating the same dud argument and I will keep correcting you, the man and the woman are both humankind. The Father and the Son are both God.

The opposite is true concerning Pharoah and Joseph when compared to the Son and the Father. Pharoah elevated Joseph to the place of rule over Egypt.

With Christ He was equal with God and shared His glory but humbled Himself to take on the form of a servant.

The form of a servant is in relation to His being in the form of God.

What a glorious doctrine this is...that PERSONALLY God has come to save us...hallelujah, Immanual God with us.

You say the wife cannot be the husband but the bible says they become one flesh...they are the same class of being...so are the Father and the Son.

The bible says equal with God, the bible says one with the Father, the bible says He was with God and He was God.

Handle it.

You worship the Father? how do you do that? you do not know His form...you throw your hands in the air and do a Russian knee dance do you? "look at me I'm worshipping the Father"

The Father is only known through the Son and God has demanded that we should honour the Son EVEN AS we honour the Father...the apostles worshipped Christ.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello Everyone,

From all that I understand, Jesus Christ was the Son of God. The Son. I would not doubt that God put His Own Spirit into Jesus since He was a baby. And gave Jesus to receive the Holy Ghost when He was baptized by John the Baptist. I think that His age must have been 30. Jesus of Nazareth became the Christ then, even though it was His birthright from the start. But be sure that the "Son," Jesus did pray to His FATHER before He was taken by the soldiers in the garden, and there are many references that He was God's Son. God actually put a lot of His Spirit into Jesus, the Christ! He is equal to God in the Spirit, but He still is a tad different in that He was a human also. I don't think you'll be able to understand this. It's like two identical wine glasses. Each has wine in them, but one of them has a smidgen {let's say two drops} less wine than the other. The one with a smidgen less is Jesus, the Son of God. But in all other ways, they are equal. Because it was God sending down some of His Spirit in the form of a man. When that man dies, His Spirit goes back to God and is One with Him. Jesus said, "He that sees me hath seen the Father." So now, we have a face to imagine when we think of God. Now, when I was a kid, I knew God was different and I envisioned His Spirit, without actually seeing a face. But then, when I learned about Jesus in Sunday School, I learned about Jesus and saw His picture. Now I'm told He doesn't necessarily look that way. I say that whoever sees the Shroud of Turin can say that they know what Jesus looks like. I don't care if scientists say it is not real. They have poor dating methods. I believe in Creation, not scientists who believe in evolution. Well, this is lengthy, so I'll close for now. In other words, God and the Lord Jesus are very closely Equal. That's the best I can do for you as far as my understanding goes. I have heard the devils call Him the "Son of God" also. And they said, "cast us into that group of pigs," and Jesus did. Then all of the pigs ran off a cliff. So they got what they deserved. No body to live in. And it is written, "NONE shall come to the Father, but by Me." I hope this helps. Okay. That's enough for now, I hope!!

Much Love Coming Your Way!!

Michael

genuineoriginal

You keep repeating the same dud argument and I will keep correcting you, the man and the woman are both humankind. The Father and the Son are both God.

You say the wife cannot be the husband but the bible says they become one flesh...they are the same class of being...so are the Father and the Son.
I keep repeating the argument because you are failing to grasp your mistake and I am hoping you will understand your mistake if you keep running into it.

Your argument is that two beings are only one being because they are the same class of being.

That is why you keep trying to argue that a wife is the husband.

The opposite is true concerning Pharoah and Joseph when compared to the Son and the Father. Pharoah elevated Joseph to the place of rule over Egypt.

With Christ He was equal with God and shared His glory but humbled Himself to take on the form of a servant.
You seem to be twisting the words of the verses to say the opposite of what they are saying.
Let's look at the verses:

Philippians 2:5-7
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:​

Careful readers notice that the verse does not say Jesus started out equal with God, but it does say that Jesus did not think it would be stealing to be like God.
Paul, the Old Testament scholar, is making a comparison with a famous passage in the Old Testament where someone tried to be like God.

Isaiah 14:12-14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.​

Instead of having the mind of Lucifer and trying to steal the throne of God, Jesus chose to humble Himself instead.
The point Paul is getting at is that we are not to have the mind of Lucifer and try to raise ourselves up, but to have the mind of Jesus and humble ourselves and let God raise us up.

Philippians 2:9
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:​

The bible says equal with God, the bible says one with the Father, the bible says He was with God and He was God.

Handle it.
Here is the problem: the Bible does not say what you claim it says.
The Bible does not say Jesus is equal with God, it says, "thought it not robbery to be equal with God".
The Bible does not just say one with the Father, the Bible says Jesus prayed, "they may be one, even as we are one".
The Bible does not say Jesus was with God and Jesus was God, the Bible says, "the Logos was with God, and the Logos was God"
_____
Logos (UK /ˈloʊɡɒs/, /ˈlɒɡɒs/, or US /ˈloʊɡoʊs/; Greek: λόγος, from λέγω lego "I say") is an important term in philosophy, psychology, rhetoric, and religion. Originally a word meaning "a ground", "a plea", "an opinion", "an expectation", "word", "speech", "account", "to reason" it became a technical term in philosophy, beginning with Heraclitus (ca. 535–475 BC), who used the term for a principle of order and knowledge.
_____​
God's expectation, opinion, and reasoning was with God from the beginning and is a fundamental part of who God is.
The passage then goes on to say Jesus is the embodiment of God's expectation, opinion, and reasoning.
The passage does not say Jesus is the embodiment of God Himself, only the embodiment of God's Logos.
You worship the Father? how do you do that? you do not know His form...
We are to worship the Father in the manner shown by Jesus, Paul, Peter, and John.
Knowing God's form is unimportant. The pagans were concerned with the form of their gods and make statues to represent them. Our God said not to make any statue to represent Him.
_____
In the year 63 BCE, the Roman general Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus, in the process of conquering Israel and all the surrounding territories, entered the most sacred place in the Jewish temple in Jerusalem. What he found shocked him. For this temple was different in one crucial respect from all other temples.
(source)
_____​

you throw your hands in the air and do a Russian knee dance do you? "look at me I'm worshipping the Father"
Could you provide the chapter and verse for this, I can't find it in my Bible anywhere.
I did find this passage about how to worship God:

John 4:20-23
20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Your just arguing for the sake of proving yourself right Gen

But you are wrong

You are the one who brings in two separate people, I said equal with God means He is God, the bible says He is being equal with God humbled Himself.

It is a very simple truth. Jesus said "I and the Father are one" THAT I do not understand neither do you, but you are not satisfied with not understanding...I am. If you have seen Christ you have seen the Father...just accept it.

genuineoriginal

Your just arguing for the sake of proving yourself right Gen

But you are wrong
No, I am arguing to prove that the words used to write the Bible have meaning and shouldn't be ignored for some doctrine that comes from somewhere else.

You are the one who brings in two separate people, I said equal with God means He is God,
Yes, you are the one that makes the false claim that being equal with God means you are God.

the bible says He is being equal with God humbled Himself.
No, the Bible specifically mentions what Jesus thought about the idea of trying to take equality with God by force:

Philippians 2:6 CJB
6 Though he was in the form of God, he did not regard equality with God something to be possessed by force.​

genuineoriginal

It is a very simple truth. Jesus said "I and the Father are one"

Can you explain the manner in which Jesus and the Father are one?

John 17:11
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.​

John 17:22
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No, I am arguing to prove that the words used to write the Bible have meaning and shouldn't be ignored for some doctrine that comes from somewhere else.

Yes, you are the one that makes the false claim that being equal with God means you are God.

No, the Bible specifically mentions what Jesus thought about the idea of trying to take equality with God by force:

Philippians 2:6 CJB
6 Though he was in the form of God, he did not regard equality with God something to be possessed by force.​

Of who else is it said they are equal with God? of who else is it said He was with God in the beginning and He was God? who else could have said "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father"

My statement is that Christ being equal with God means He is God, it is said of no other person.

Nobody else was conceived in the womb of a virgin by the Holy Ghost.

You are not arguing to prove the bible account is true, you are arguing to prove that it is not true.

I am saying that equal with God means He is God.....nobody else is said to be equal with God but Jesus Christ.

The bible does not say Christ needed to "take" equality with God, YOU said that the bible says He was equal with God....it says nothing about Him grasping it.

genuineoriginal

Of who else is it said they are equal with God? of who else is it said He was with God in the beginning and He was God?
The Bible does not actually state either of those things.

My statement is that Christ being equal with God means He is God, it is said of no other person.
It is not even said of Jesus.

You are not arguing to prove the bible account is true, you are arguing to prove that it is not true.
You are not presenting the Bible account, you are presenting something else.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Being in the form of God He thought it not robbery to be equal with God

So what was He ? a delusionary? uh...no fancy linguistics please.

genuineoriginal

Being in the form of God He thought it not robbery to be equal with God
Yes, that is what the verse states.

So what was He ?

Matthew 16:16
16 and Simon Peter answering said, `Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.'​

Luke 4:41
41 And demons also were coming forth from many, crying out and saying -- `Thou art the Christ, the Son of God;' and rebuking, he did not suffer them to speak, because they knew him to be the Christ.​

John 6:69
69 and we have believed, and we have known, that thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.'​

John 11:27
27 believest thou this?' she saith to him, `Yes, sir, I have believed that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming to the world.'​

Acts 8:37
37 [And Philip said, `If thou dost believe out of all the heart, it is lawful;' and he answering said, `I believe Jesus Christ to be the Son of God;']​

Acts 9:20
20 and immediately in the synagogues he was preaching the Christ, that he is the Son of God.​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes, yes the old trick

Quote a dozens scriptures which do not say He is God...this will [you think] negate those scriptures which say He is.

If the Father is God then the Son begotten of the Father is God too.

RBBI

"Totton", I can tell you've got a pretty good foundation, but I implore you to humble yourself and go to Him and ASK Him to show you the truth of what we've said.

When Paul got to a certain point in his walk, he said he knew nothing but Christ and Him crucified. There was a reason for that. Find out what it was for yourself. Peace and blessings to you

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"Totton", I can tell you've got a pretty good foundation, but I implore you to humble yourself and go to Him and ASK Him to show you the truth of what we've said.

When Paul got to a certain point in his walk, he said he knew nothing but Christ and Him crucified. There was a reason for that. Find out what it was for yourself. Peace and blessings to you

God bless you

...you are being rather presumptious

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Good advice.

CherubRam

Honestly some of these truths are so extremely simple to understand. There is no need to traverse land and sea to seek out a quirky linguist to teach you that the bible does not say what it so clearly does.

A child can understand it.

Jesus Christ is equal with God, yet humbles Himself to the Father. It just is not possible to be equal with God and not BE God.

The scripture that says he is equal to God is falsified to support trinitarianism. I would give proof, but I do not have access to the info for now.