why own a gun?

Crow

Originally posted by BillyBob

Me too. I was so young the first time I shot a gun, I don't even remember the experience. My Father and I were always shootin', it was our weekend thing to do together. I had 4 or 5 guns by the time I was 12 years old and my High School Graduation present was a Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum.

So far, I haven't killed anyone. :noid:

I can remember shooting, but I can't remember the first time I shot. He got the .22 when I was four, so I suspect it was right around then.

Sozo

Originally posted by brother Willi

umm, hitler, saddam etc...

remember my dad was in WW2 , on the wrong side.

had he been kill happy, it might have been your dads he killed

I'm sorry, bro Willi, but what exactly is it in that verse in Romans that you object about?

Crow

Originally posted by BillyBob

That's the exact age I was thinking. We lived out in the country and could walk to go plinking.

We lived in Texas in the suburbs, but folks (at that time) looked the other way if you brought your kids to the AFB rifle range and taught them to shoot.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Sozo

I'm sorry, bro Willi, but what exactly is it in that verse in Romans that you object about?

are all goverments minister of God ?

if i lived at the time of Jesus, am i to kill Christians as Rome wanted?

Sozo

are all goverments minister of God ?

if i lived at the time of Jesus, am i to kill Christians as Rome wanted?

No, all governments are not ministers of God. Do you know the difference between good and evil? Are there governments that practice evil? Are you sure you understand the verse?

Are you an anarchist?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Crow

We lived in Texas in the suburbs, but folks (at that time) looked the other way if you brought your kids to the AFB rifle range and taught them to shoot.

Ahhhh...the 'Good ole Days'. :cloud9:

brother Willi

Originally posted by Sozo

No, all governments are not ministers of God. Do you know the difference between good and evil? Are there governments that practice evil? Are you sure you understand the verse?

Are you an anarchist?
see how nice it is to talk.

"For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same;"

i see the war we are in as wrong, we invaded 2 other countries.
if i go to war, the govermnent i fight against is evil, but what of the innocent folks there.
dont our bombs kill them?
today war is different from the days of Jesus
you saw your enemy, face to face

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

WWJD?

thats the question.

whats your thoughts?
  • Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. Luke 22:36

brother Willi

Originally posted by Turbo

• Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. Luke 22:36

let me post this for now, and lets compare and talk about it

Matthew 26:51
And behold, one of those who were with Jesus reached and drew out his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his ear.

Matthew 26:52
Then Jesus *said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SOTK

Re: why own a gun?

why own a gun?

if its for fun, fine target shootin is fun

if its for huntin, fine we all need to eat

if its for self defense, prove to me that a Christian needs one for that

I like owning a gun for all three!!!!! :bannana:

brother Willi

Luke 22:35
And He said to them, "When I sent you out without money belt and bag and sandals, you did not lack anything, did you?" They said, "No, nothing."

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

let me post this for now, and lets compare and talk about it

Matthew 26:51
And behold, one of those who were with Jesus reached and drew out his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his ear.

Matthew 26:52
Then Jesus *said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus was ready to lay down His life as a sacrifice for mankind's sin. It was the preparation day for the Passover, when the lamb was to be slain. The main reason He came to earth was to die for us, and it was His time.

But clearly Jesus did not think it was immoral to arm one's self with a sword, right? He told them earlier that day to get swords.

As for "for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword," this is not a call for pacifism you hope it is. On the contrary, it is a call for the death penalty for murderers. Note the similarity between what Jesus said in Matthew 26:52 and Revelation 13:10:

• He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

SOTK

Re: Re: Re: why own a gun?

Re: Re: Re: why own a gun?

you can do that

WWJD?

bw, you asking that question for everything is getting old. I know that BillyBob, Crow, myself, and others have answered your questions. You just don't like the answers, or more importantly probably, can't hear the answers.

Again, Jesus knows that there is a war going on. He warned us of it. Evil is real and it exists here on Earth until He comes back. We have the right to defend ourselves and our families until Jesus comes and takes away all evil. Do I believe Jesus likes bloodshed necessarily? No, he most certainly doesn't. He wishes all would come to Him and lay evil aside, but that's not how it is. We all have been given a choice, and in this day in age, almost everyone knows what the Truth is. Ignorance is not an excuse. If someone chooses to embrace evil and comes after me or mine, I'm blowing them away! I won't like it, but I will do it! I won't feel that I will be judged by God for doing it either. He knows what's going on.

SOTK

brother Willi

Jesus was ready to lay down His life as a sacrifice for mankind's sin. It was the preparation day for the Passover, when the lamb was to be slain. The main reason He came to earth was to die for us, and it was His time.

But clearly Jesus did not think it was immoral to arm one's self with a sword, right? He told them earlier that day to get swords.

As for "for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword," this is not a call for pacifism you hope it is. On the contrary, it is a call for the death penalty for murderers. Note the similarity between what Jesus said in Matthew 26:52 and Revelation 13:10:

• He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

how can i kill the killer, without becomeing the killer i kill?

brother Willi

so, if i use a sword to kill, will i be killed by the sword?