ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Dread Helm said:
She didn't ask that. She asked specifically about atheists.
Weren't infidels (which includes atheists) religious undesirables, so far as Jesus' peers were concerned?

the Sibbie

Zakath said:
Wasn't Jesus accused of associating with the religiously unacceptable?
Was he rejected by the "religiously unacceptable" specifically those that He hung around or those that followed him?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
the Sibbie said:
Was he rejected by the "religiously unacceptable" specifically those that He hung around or those that followed him?
I seem to recall that quite a number of folks from a variety of viewpoints had trouble with Jesus and his teachings; folks from both groups you mention... :think:

the Sibbie

Zakath said:
I seem to recall that quite a number of folks from a variety of viewpoints had trouble with Jesus and his teachings; folks from both groups you mention... :think:
That doesn't mean they came to His rescue.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
the Sibbie said:
That doesn't mean they came to His rescue.
I think the gospel hints that the diverse crowds that followed him kept him from harm on more than one occasion.

Ecumenicist

SOTK said:
Yeah, I'm not necessarily losing any sleep over it, however, it can be a tough situation for me to come to terms with as a Christian.

God bless you. We all deal with the fallenness of this world in one way or another, but you were
on the front lines. Glad you're with us.

Dave

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The Gospel is inherently offensive to our prideful rebellion and selfisness. The cross is an offense to man's feeble good works. Our message is offensive. This is not a license for us to be an offensive jerk building walls instead of bridges. "Nicer than God" must be put in context of wisdom, culture, and servant love and humility. Our message is love and mercy to the broken hearted and downtrodden. It is one of wrath and justice to those who harden their hearts, mock God, and reject truth and mercy. Jesus did not deal with every person the same way. He was 'nice' to as many people as He was harsh to (religious vs 'sinners').

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Please watch later tonight for my response to Erin Marie and the charges she has brought forth against me. I am currently drafting my response.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
“You’re headed right for the middle of the monster!” – The Perfect Storm

I'm going out on a limb here. I am going to put myself at risk and open myself up to many attacks for sure, but I want to address the false accusations Erin made about me. Before you all read, please realize that I spent almost 5 hours drafting this, correcting, editing, rewording, to make this not too harsh. I don't like to be falsely accused and judged, and I did not want to fall into the same trap. I wrote this all very carefully, and if anyone has a problem, please confront me privately. This is not in any way meant to destroy Erin's reputation, nor is it meant to open me up to have mine destroyed. This is not written out of a spirit of revenge. I'm just taking my fair chance to mount a defense before you all make up your mind about what was said here today. If I offend anyone, I apologize beforehand.

Deep breath..........

There's a difference between being nice and kissing the butt of anyone who will pay attention to you. I think "The Edge" is "nice" to everyone, as long as it suits his ego.
First of all, you said I am only nice to those who pay attention to me. Well, I don’t exactly see myself going out of the way to be mean to someone who is not paying attention to me. If I recall correctly, I never intentionally thrashed anyone on this board for any reason except friendly theological debate, and even then did so in a professional manner. People who don’t pay attention to me, I just don’t pay attention to them. If I wronged anyone, I apologize for it. Someone let me know what I did, and I’ll repent and correct my action.
I don’t have an ego. I never had one. I don’t think highly of myself at all, and everywhere I go, people tell me I need more self-confidence. I am working very hard on that, as to be a leader in the Air Force I need to develop self-confidence. So I do not have an ego problem. And Erin Marie, you really don’t have any right or basis to make this accusation. Being nice to people is not “kissing their butts.” It’s how we’re supposed to be. Now that I saw the first post in that thread you posted, I see where you are coming from. But I don’t agree with it. Jesus was harsh and rude to people when they refused to believe Him and were hypocritical and stood directly against him. I did not stand directly against you. Erin, I’m a fellow brother in Christ! We’re not supposed to act like this!
I will admit I don’t know a ton about Bob Enyart, but I did a little research on him before posting this, and he does not have a completely favorable opinion from the Christian community. You attract more bees with honey than with vinegar. Yes, Jesus was harsh, to the Pharisees and hypocrites. The Pharisees were the holier than thou religious leaders of the day and Jesus was directing His harsh words at them. And he was harsh with stiff-necked fools who rejected Jesus and blasphemed God. But according to Erin Marie, we as Christians are allowed to do that to a fellow brother who treats everyone with respect. I’m glad I don’t go to her church where that philosophy is taught. According to her philosophy, we shouldn’t be nice or friendly with unbelievers. We should be mean and rude to them just for the sake of being mean and rude because Bob Enyart said Jesus was rude. In my research on Bob Enyart, I found that he was arrested in 1995 and 1999 and fined thousands of dollars misdemeanor child abuse for beating his 7 year old stepson with a belt until he had bruises, welts, and bleeding skin, for refusing to take a shower! He was unremorseful, even though he did it against the wishes of the boy’s mother. After serving the jail term and paying the fine he had to go to a parenting class and go for psychological evaluation. He believes democracy is the worst form of government and has written a chilling account of how the country should be run if it were run by Christians under a constitutional monarchy. He also believes OT law is still valid just as it was in the OT, which stands against the words of Christ. That is certainly someone I would not want to follow. Well if I was an unbeliever, I would never want to be a Christian if that is how I saw them act. Erin Marie is equating me to a Pharisee, unholy and profane, murderers of fathers and mothers, manslayers, fornicators, sodomites, and kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and anything counter to sound doctrine (1 Tim. 1:8-10) and I never exhibited any pharisaic behavior toward anyone. I came to this board (which I must say is by far the best board I have ever been a part of). This is the first board where people welcomed me and did not gang up against me. This is the only board where I have made friends. Why? Because most people don’t judge me. They take me for what I am, and fellowship with me. If I have wronged anyone in any way, I truly apologize for it.
And before anyone attacks me on my thoughts on what I have seen of Bob Enyart thusfar, please refrain. My purpose in this post is to answer to Erin’s accusations, not to debate about Bob Enyart. I saw enough about him to enable me to posts here. I do not wish to discuss him further.

I thought for a long time how I should respond to The Edge and his "threats". Turbo and I talked about it a bit last night, and I reread this thread:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16851

It reaffirmed to me that you are wrong and I am right. I can judge all I want, as long as I judge rightly under God's Word. The stuff you spew is inaccurate and misleading. Jesus mocked, taunted and used wit and sarcasm. He was a great orater and not a butt kissing fool.
You can think you're exemplifying Jesus all you want, but you are wrong. Please reconsider your idea of the "Nicer than God" philosophy.
Erin Marie, this is disturbing to me for several reasons:
1) You have been ticked off by me for a long time. That is understandable if I did something wrong and was consistently doing something wrong. But I wasn’t. The only thing I did on this board consistently was be myself, be friendly, and just have open and honest communication, making friends along the way and enjoying fellowship. If that threatens you, then I think you have some issues in your brain to address. I am about as “threatening” as a little child. I would like you to cite what “threats” I made to you. I would be interested to hear how I “threatened” you. I don’t recall threatening anyone.
2) The fact that you felt the need to discuss me at length with Turbo the moderator behind my back. If you have a problem with me, come to me in private and I’ll talk to you openly about it. But all you did was accuse me of being an ungrateful complainer and then run into the arms of Turbo and badmouth me behind my back. That’s so middle school, Erin. And that is not how problems get solved. Just because you have a moderator for a buddy doesn’t mean you have the right to diss other members with the moderator.
3) You can judge, huh? That’s not what Jesus said. Matthew 7:1-5 “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” John 7:24 says “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgement.” You can’t do that on a board when you don’t know people. While Jesus forbade harsh, censorious judgement that self-righteous legalism promotes, He demanded the exercise of moral and theological discernment. (quote from John MacArthur). I don’t see “righteous judgement” coming from Erin Marie. I see someone who I rubbed the wrong way for whatever reason, lashing out because she feels she was wronged. And instead of constructively talking to me about it she went to a moderator, judged me behind my back, then came prancing back to this board to report her findings once backed up by a moderator. I pray for you Erin, that you learn what true righteous judgement is, that Christ is the only judge. I pray that you learn forgiveness. I had my ideas about you from the beginning, but I forgave you every day, didn’t talk to anyone about you, and I gave you a clean slate every day.

Secondly, I find fault with issues in your life that you yourself throw all around the board for others to comment on. If you don't want someone to create an opinion, then don't post it.

You complain that your son is "More like a two or a three year old than a five year old." OUCH! You talk about the burden of raising two young children and you are not even in the same state with them!
You complain about the gifts that God has given you, I called you out on it, you agreed with me and then continued on complaining.
You complain about the price of baby items, and how much money it costs to raise a child, and instead of supporting reprimanding your wife for her wasteful spending, and curbing it yourself, you suggest the manufacturer lower it's prices! HELLO!
You try to ingratiate yourself in with each "group" on TOL, with your "gentlemanly" manner...but it's all very disingenuous.

Erin, Erin, Erin. What am I going to do with you? The judgements just keep on coming. All I am doing is no different than a father coming into work and sharing stories with his coworkers about what his kids did, for amusement sometimes. It’s like “Hey Bill, wait till you hear what my boy did today….” That’s all, and that’s harmless. And hasn’t every parent been frustrated? That’s all this is; simple parental frustration, nothing more. Have you seen me with my kids? No. Have you seen how I act beyond text on a screen? No. Have you observed me and my family round the clock to make a true, accurate assessment of how I love my children? No. So you can’t talk. The bottom line is, people like to vent, and people like to listen to people vent. And if you go back and look at nearly every “complaint” thread I started, you will observe that I’m not complaining, but simply telling a story and then asking for advice or thoughts. And nearly everyone gave me advice, or shared helpful information. But to you I’m just a complainer. Erin, I’m not stupid. I know the Bible says do not grumble, but do everything with joy and gratitude (or something like that). I’m not complaining, I’m venting, and I’m telling stories. People liked to listen to other people’s stories. Sharing experiences, getting advice, knowing we’re all in the same boat.
And how can you get on my case for not being in the same state? I wasn’t apart from them most of the time! You can’t talk! I am here for only 3 months, on orders from the Air Force! I don’t want to be here any more than you want to listen to me talk! I want more than almost anything to be there with them, watching my adorable daughter get cuter and smarter by the minute.
And you accuse my wife of wasteful spending? Go back and reread. She is thrifty and money conscious. She always tries to get the best deals. My point, which you completely missed because you were too busy being mad at me, was that baby items are overpriced, and I think we could all enjoy a break in the costs of raising children. I realistically know it’s not going to happen, but can’t someone dream?
I ingratiate myself with each “group” on TOL? So you are admitting that TOL is cliqued? It is sad that clique’s form, and so I try to cross the boundaries, because I don’t want to be a part of any one clique, or a clique at all. I am here to fellowship. Talking to atheists does not mean I agree with them. And if an unbeliever goes as far as to be my friend, I’m not going to say “You’re heathen, I’m not going to be your friend because Jesus thinks I need to be rude to you.” So again, you have misjudged me. I try to be everyone’s friend. I have extended my hand in friendship to you nearly every day, and this is the thanks I get. If you don’t like me, that is fine. I can handle that. But you don’t have to lash out at me because I rubbed you the wrong way. Even back in my pet peeves thread, you mentioned that you don’t like it when anyone touches you. That tells me something; that you are overly cautious, hesitant to accept another’s love or friendship. Maybe that’s just your personality, or maybe something happened in the past that caused you to be that way. That is not for me to judge. But just because you don’t want my friendship doesn’t mean you have to try to destroy it for me with others on this board by publicly defaming me.
And I am proud to be a gentleman. There’s too few of us, and chivalry is dying because of that. If being a friendly, kind gentleman who doesn’t get harsh with people that upset him makes me bad, then I am guilty as charged. I will not intentionally be harsh or rude to people just because some people think I’m a butt kisser.

I considered ignoring your rebuke of my earlier comment, and I decided I can comment any way I want on any issue. I'm not afraid of any reprecussion that you think you can hurdle my way. Wanna give me ANOTHER negative response, go ahead.
I'm tired of your pandering and plodding around TOL without any sense of Christ's true Word or Intentions.
You should have ignored it. Looks like you started a fire you can’t put out. And now the forest is aflame, and you are in the middle of the inferno.
This is not just another negative response. I’m calling you on YOUR mistake, and I hope I can help you grow. You’re tired of me pandering and plodding around TOL without any sense of Christ’s true Word or intentions? Nothing could be further from the truth! I know Christ’s Word and intentions. You are misjudging me again, based on text on a screen. That is sad. You brought forth these charges in public, and nobody that I can see backed you up, except Turbo who you had to consult with behind my back. Looks like everyone came to my defense, which tells us something about whose character is more likely to win people over. Nothing more needs to be said there; the evidence is before you.
If you are tired of listening to me, why do you read my posts? That is what the ignore feature is for. You must be interested if you keep watching my posts, looking for something to publicly attack me on. If you had just placed me on your ignore list a while back, this would have never happened. And now look at what the atheists are saying, and other Christians are admitting it’s sad that we shoot our wounded and like to tear eachother to pieces. That’s not Christ’s love. That goes against Christ’s character. And if I saw people doing that I would not want to be a Christian.

Thank you for your time reading this. I’m not trying to rake you over the coals; I’m simply responding to the accusations you made against me.

And now for a few other comments…..

GODRULZ said in post 88
Did the Edge talk about his personal situation publicly? Where? If this is not a public issue needing public rebuke, it should be dealt with privately between the two. Digging into personal matters could be petty and gossip, rather than wanting the good of another.
I thought this was about Zak's credibility. How did Edge man get drawn into the firing line?
Well said. I got drawn into it because I rubbed someone the wrong way and they wanted to lash out. They don’t like me, they saw me making friends and it irked them.

SIBBIE in post 94
Wait...are you saying Jesus had atheists running to his rescue?
No. But if atheists are able to recognize the crudeness of Erin Marie’s behavior, then they see something about her character that is not consistent with Christ.

Well, that’s all I have to say. I hope this was not too long or mean; I am not a mean person. And I would never come on here and just attack someone out of the blue, whether I feel they wronged me or not. I posted all this because it is fair for me to have a chance to argue my case, and to clarify the inaccurate opinion Erin has of me. I should have a chance to defend myself so you all can make up your mind about me hearing both sides of the story.

In Christ,

Dave

PS - I do like Erin - don't get the wrong idea. She just had wrong judgements about me. I still like Erin. She seems easy to like most of the time :)

PS - Wow....I haven't written anything this long and insightful since college! :thumb:

Last edited:

ApologeticJedi

Hey Edge,

I agree with you to the extent that sometime people gravitate towards extremes, and the overly harsh extremes are just as bad as the overly nice. Jesus wasn’t like that. Jesus wasn’t overly harsh, or overly nice. Jesus had compassion whenever it was called for, and was harsh whenever that was called for. However I noticed what might be termed "self-righteous drivel: in your posts. Let me point it out for you and see if you can't see how this looks to an outsider to your conversation:

The Edge on “Judging.”
Face One: “I don't like to be falsely accused and judged, and I did not want to fall into the same trap.”

Face Two: “I will admit I don’t know a ton about Bob Enyart, but I did a little research on him before posting this, and he does not have a completely favorable opinion from the Christian community…. He was unremorseful, even though he did it against the wishes of the boy’s mother….He also believes OT law is still valid just as it was in the OT”

Face One <revisted>: “John 7:24 says “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgement.” You can’t do that on a board when you don’t know people.”

Face Two <revisted>: “You should have ignored it. Looks like you started a fire you can’t put out. And now the forest is aflame, and you are in the middle of the inferno. This is not just another negative response. I’m calling you on YOUR mistake…”

“I don’t want to be falsely accused, but let me tell you how bad someone is that I don’t know anything about…..”
Beside the falsehoods about someone else, doesn’t that about sum up what you said?

The Edge on “Attcking People
Face One: “Jesus was harsh and rude to people when they refused to believe Him and were hypocritical and stood directly against him. I did not stand directly against you. Erin, I’m a fellow brother in Christ! We’re not supposed to act like this!”

Face Two: “I will admit I don’t know a ton about Bob Enyart, but I did a little research on him before posting this, and he does not have a completely favorable opinion from the Christian community”

Face One <revisted>: “… and badmouth me behind my back. That’s so middle school, Erin”

Face One <revisted>: “I am not a mean person. And I would never come on here and just attack someone out of the blue, whether I feel they wronged me or not”

Enyart is a fellow poster on this website, and a friend to some on here. Did he stand directly against you when you were harsh and rude towards him? When you attacked him because he doesn’t think a democracy is a great form of government (something our founding fathers agreed with him on – they just had poor ideas about how to avoid it), was it because he stood against you? I thought we aren’t supposed to act like this? Edge, you don't seem to like playing by your own rules.

The Edge on “Fair Game”
Face One: “That is certainly someone I would not want to follow. Well if I was an unbeliever, I would never want to be a Christian if that is how I saw them act.”

Face Two: “And before anyone attacks me on my thoughts on what I have seen of Bob Enyart thusfar, please refrain. My purpose in this post is to answer to Erin’s accusations, not to debate about Bob Enyart. I saw enough about him to enable me to posts here. I do not wish to discuss him further.”

Face Three: “And I am proud to be a gentleman. There’s too few of us, and chivalry is dying because of that.”

You mean you want to slam the friend of many people here and then not have to answer for your own post. You’d like the cheap shots to go un-countered if at all possible. And you'd like us to think of you as chivalrous in the meantime. :think:

The Edge,

I’m sorry if this rebuke is painful for you, but you stick to clichés that say you should attract bees with honey, yet God says [Proverbs 28:23 “He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favor than he that flattereth with the tongue.” I don’t know anything about Erin and your debate, I just had the misfortunate of reading your diatribe and I’m hoping that in the future you can pick a face (or position) and hold to it.

Last edited:

PureX

ApologeticJedi,

I would just like to point out here, that posting some facts about Enyart's past is just posting some facts about Enyart's past. It's not passing judgment to post facts about someone. If you think those facts make Enyart look bad, it's YOU who is passing that judgment, not the person who posted the facts.

Edge,

I would also like to point out that everyone has an ego. Our ego is the idea we hold in our minds, of ourselves. If our idea of ourselves is that we have little value relative to other human beings, that doesn't mean we don't have an ego. It simply means that our ego is biased negatively toward ourselves. Also, humility is the condition of having an unbiased ego; that is that our idea of ourselves is not biased to the positive nor the negative, but is simply accurate and realistic. Humility is the goal regarding ego, not that we eliminate it.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
A couple quick responses before I go to six flags for the day....

Apologetic Jedi,
You mean you want to slam the friend of many people here and then not have to answer for your own post. You’d like the cheap shots to go un-countered if at all possible. And you'd like us to think of you as chivalrous in the meantime.
I never said this. I fully expect to answer for my post. I have the right to answer when false charges are brought against me. I don't gravitate towards extremes. I rebuke those that need rebuke, I am not nice literally all the time to everyone. But what point is it to be harsh to someone just because we feel like it? Do I need to be harsh wih atheists just because of their theological stance? I don't think so. They did nothing bad to me. If they directly disrrespect me, then I would get less nice. I am not "extremely nice." People who know me in person will attest to that.
My previously stated purpose was not to attack Bob. I don't know too much about him. I looked into what Erin believed, and in my opinion did not agree with it, so I discredited the source to explain why. I'm not here to debate Bob or about Bob. This issue is not about Bob. No self-righteousness intended. Thank you for your thoughts.

PureX,
I understand what you are saying about ego. When I said I have no ego, I meant I don't have a big one, nor do I have a very low one either. It's pretty neutral, and I'm not out there trying to do things to boost my ego. Erin says I will be friendly with anyone to boost my ego, and that is simply false.

erinmarie

Mr. 5020 said:
Aren't turbo and em related somehow?
Thanks for pointing that out Mr....
Actually, this is the only part of "the edge's" post I will respond to. Considering I don't find any other part worth it. He said just what I thought he would, and also PM'd me to point out that he had made his very important post. I still stick to what I said in my original post.

But I do want to say that Turbo is my brother in law and long time friend. I also consider him as important to me as if he were my own big brother, he had a lot to do with my coming to Christ and understanding God's Law. I do think it's silly to think I wouldn't talk to him about something that's on my chest. And I will continue to do so. :up:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
My, my ... over 100 posts in this thread and almost a third of them are actually on topic!

:chuckle:

Remember Edge, we tried to warn you... ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Dread Helm said:
She didn't ask that. She asked specifically about atheists.
Context, laddie, context... Atheists are considered religiously unacceptable people by the Jews.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
zakath, thanks for warning me. I don't need to be warned about the likes of Erin Marie. She won't ruin my experience on this board. Since she has dismissed what I said, I will dismiss what she said. I will wipe her slate clean and my offer for friendship will still stand. If she rejects it, so be it. I'll live.

I did not think she would respond to my response. She hides behind words like "it's not worth it" which often means things like "I don't know what else to say" or "I'm not going to bother getting into a throw-down with The Edge." I didn't really want to throw my gloves down with Erin anyway. As far as I am concerned, I defended myself and it's over. I move on with my life. My response was not only for her, but for all the other readers to see that her accusations were wrong and I was not going to sit idly and take them.

Erin and Turbo are friends and relatives. That's cool. But, Turbo is also a part of this board's management, and that places him in a position of great responsibility. Therefore, he must not be allowed to show bias toward members who happen to be a part of his family. If he wants to come down on me and punish me because I upset his "friend," then that is not fair board management. But since Turbo has remained silent and not approached me, I have no problem at all with him. If Erin Marie went to talk to a friend about me that was not a part of the board, that would have been better. Oh well, life goes on.

And I PM's Erin Marie just to make sure my response wasn't lost in the activity of the thread. I have no idea if I have been placed on her ignore list or not, so I just wanted her to have a chance to see it. :)
d

Last edited: