ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

erinmarie

granite1010 said:
This is what happens when a nice guy like The Edge shows up on TOL: he's accused of being sneaky. Uh-huuuuuh.

Erin, exactly what set off this little tantrum? Just because The Edge happens to be polite doesn't mean he agrees with everyone he talks to.

I'm reminded of that "Simpsons" episode where Grimes shows up in Springfield, tries to do his job, tries to act normal, and winds up electrocuted to death by the end of the show.

That's a good episode Granite. I don't believe it's a tantrum, and I do think I was pretty self explanatory in the above post. I just didn't want to walk away from the thread with a sense of "unfinished business". I wanted to speak my mind, and explain an earlier more off the cuff comment.

ShadowMaid

erinmarie said:
I thought for a long time how I should respond to The Edge and his "threats". Turbo and I talked about it a bit last night, and I reread this thread:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16851

It reaffirmed to me that you are wrong and I am right. I can judge all I want, as long as I judge rightly under God's Word. The stuff you spew is inaccurate and misleading. Jesus mocked, taunted and used wit and sarcasm. He was a great orater and not a butt kissing fool.
You can think you're exemplifying Jesus all you want, but you are wrong. Please reconsider your idea of the "Nicer than God" philosophy.

Secondly, I find fault with issues in your life that you yourself throw all around the board for others to comment on. If you don't want someone to create an opinion, then don't post it.

You complain that your son is "More like a two or a three year old than a five year old." OUCH! You talk about the burden of raising two young children and you are not even in the same state with them!
You complain about the gifts that God has given you, I called you out on it, you agreed with me and then continued on complaining.
You complain about the price of baby items, and how much money it costs to raise a child, and instead of supporting reprimanding your wife for her wasteful spending, and curbing it yourself, you suggest the manufacturer lower it's prices! HELLO!
You try to ingratiate yourself in with each "group" on TOL, with your "gentlemanly" manner...but it's all very disingenuous.

I considered ignoring your rebuke of my earlier comment, and I decided I can comment any way I want on any issue. I'm not afraid of any reprecussion that you think you can hurdle my way. Wanna give me ANOTHER negative response, go ahead.
I'm tired of your pandering and plodding around TOL without any sense of Christ's true Word or Intentions.

Smack! :BRAVO:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I just didn't want to walk away from the thread with a sense of "unfinished business".
:baby:

Feel better Erin?

If you don't like me just leave me alone. Don't try to rally any more troops for an all out assault against me. It's not worth it. If you do, I may have to bring out the terror squad!!!!

I'll further explain myself later tonight. I've got forecasting to do, a car to rent, and a sweet southern barbecue place to go to.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
ShadowMaid said:
Smack! :BRAVO:

Did the Edge talk about his personal situation publicly? Where? If this is not a public issue needing public rebuke, it should be dealt with privately between the two. Digging into personal matters could be petty and gossip, rather than wanting the good of another.

I thought this was about Zak's credibility. How did Edge man get drawn into the firing line?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Erin's suspicious because Edge treats people with respect, even apostates like myself...:noid:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
What credit is it to a Christian who only treats Christians with respect? Christ hung out with everyone!

Erin, it's pretty sad when the athiests come to my defense. Maybe that tells you something about who is exhibiting the attitude of Christ more... think about it please if you would. If you want to talk privatly, I am open to that. I'll listen.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I am also grieved that the atheists and apostates often are more civil in their relations, even though we tell them they are going to hell and are wrong. I have been defended by Zak and Wick from the slander of my brethren. I have never been told that I am a Christ-hater, demon-possessed, moron, 'go to hell' by non-Christians. I refuse to tolerate it from superspiritual Christians. This is odd. It is said that the Christian Army is the only one that shoots its wounded (Chuck Girard and is struggle with alcohol, etc...As far as I know, Chuck his no longer backslidden and is a worshipper/singer in the church and world for the glory of God).

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Wickwoman,

Please clear out your PM inbox. I'm trying to send you something and it won't let me through because it says your box is full

;)

Edge

Granite

Hall of Fame
godrulz said:
I am also grieved that the atheists and apostates often are more civil in their relations, even though we tell them they are going to hell and are wrong. I have been defended by Zak and Wick from the slander of my brethren. I have never been told that I am a Christ-hater, demon-possessed, moron, 'go to hell' by non-Christians. I refuse to tolerate it from superspiritual Christians. This is odd. It is said that the Christian Army is the only one that shoots its wounded (Chuck Girard and is struggle with alcohol, etc...As far as I know, Chuck his no longer backslidden and is a worshipper/singer in the church and world for the glory of God).

I'd say apostates have less to prove, and a lot less to be defensive (and hostile) about.

the Sibbie

The Edge said:
What credit is it to a Christian who only treats Christians with respect? Christ hung out with everyone!

Erin, it's pretty sad when the athiests come to my defense. Maybe that tells you something about who is exhibiting the attitude of Christ more... think about it please if you would. If you want to talk privatly, I am open to that. I'll listen.
Wait...are you saying Jesus had atheists running to his rescue?

wickwoman

erinmarie said:
I thought for a long time how I should respond to The Edge and his "threats". Turbo and I talked about it a bit last night, and I reread this thread:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16851

It reaffirmed to me that you are wrong and I am right. I can judge all I want, as long as I judge rightly under God's Word. The stuff you spew is inaccurate and misleading. Jesus mocked, taunted and used wit and sarcasm. He was a great orater and not a butt kissing fool.
You can think you're exemplifying Jesus all you want, but you are wrong. Please reconsider your idea of the "Nicer than God" philosophy.

One of the scriptures used was this: Matt 11:19

"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and ‘sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her actions.”

This helped you justify calling someone “nicer than God?” How so? This is a verse you use to show how the Edge should be more offensive to non-Christians?

Here’s another one: Mat. 13:55-57

“Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? 56Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things? And they took offense at him. "

So this is the scripture you use, as a Christian, to stand against one of your own – another Christian? Much like the relatives and friends of Jesus in his own hometown stood against him? Edge offended you by befriending sinners and you use this scripture to make yourself feel alright about the animosity he stirred up in you? This is the scripture you used to justify standing against one of your own? How?

Luke 14:3-4
John 5:8-16

O.K. these two passages are about how Jesus offended the religious elite, the law followers, by healing on the Sabbath. And this is similar to your situation with Lt. Edge how?

Mat. 10:14 – O.K. So if someone one won't listen to you, leave them alone. I’m all for that!

Mat. 15:12-14

Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11What goes into a man's mouth does not make him ‘unclean,’ but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him ‘unclean.’ Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

Again, Jesus offends the religious elite by trashing their rules and regulations. I’m still not seeing the comparison.

O.K. Erin, if even one of those verses is about being offensive to sinners, you let me know. So far, I’ve seen a bunch of verses that look like they mean the opposite of what you think they mean. If you have some point to make about the Edge based on these scriptures, let’s see it. Otherwise, I see smoke and mirrors. Worse than that, I see a very good counter argument contained in the very verses you think support you!

Zakath

Resident Atheist
godrulz said:
Did the Edge talk about his personal situation publicly? Where? If this is not a public issue needing public rebuke, it should be dealt with privately between the two. Digging into personal matters could be petty and gossip, rather than wanting the good of another.
Much of what is posted around here is in that realm... quite a number of our threads read like soap opera recaps...

I thought this was about Zak's credibility. How did Edge man get drawn into the firing line?
Because it's more fun for some Christians to tear each other to pieces than to deal with people like me who stand as a witness to the ineffectiveness of their religion.