Why did the Jews Kill Jesus?

Ben Masada

Yesterday I was asked why the Jews had killed Jesus. The Jews did not take part in the killing of Jesus. If you are looking for some one to blame, ask me and I will give you a group.

Do you know the meaning of those 4 initials on that plate nailed on the top of Jesus' cross? I am talking about INRI. That's a verdict which means that Jesus was crucified on a political charge for having been acclaimed king of the Jews in Jerusalem which was a charge bordering on insurrection.

The people who were acclaiming Jesus king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem were Jesus' own disciples. With the intent to save him from being arrested, the Pharisees asked him to stop his disciples with that nonsense and Jesus said that if they stopped, the stones would shout.

All right, soon afterwards, Jesus was arrested, judged before Pilate and condemned to the cross. That's in Luke 19:37-40. Besides, the Jews could not have killed Jesus and much less on the cross because the power of jurisdiction had been taken from Israel as Rome took over the Land. A death sentence passed on any one in Israel at the time would have been an act of insurrection. Therefore, Jesus' own disciples caused the death of Jesus, not the Jews in general.

bybee

Yesterday I was asked why the Jews had killed Jesus. The Jews did not take part in the killing of Jesus. If you are looking for some one to blame, ask me and I will give you a group.

Do you know the meaning of those 4 initials on that plate nailed on the top of Jesus' cross? I am talking about INRI. That's a verdict which means that Jesus was crucified on a political charge for having been acclaimed king of the Jews in Jerusalem which was a charge bordering on insurrection.

The people who were acclaiming Jesus king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem were Jesus' own disciples. With the intent to save him from being arrested, the Pharisees asked him to stop his disciples with that nonsense and Jesus said that if they stopped, the stones would shout.

All right, soon afterwards, Jesus was arrested, judged before Pilate and condemned to the cross. That's in Luke 19:37-40. Besides, the Jews could not have killed Jesus and much less on the cross because the power of jurisdiction had been taken from Israel as Rome took over the Land. A death sentence passed on any one in Israel at the time would have been an act of insurrection. Therefore, Jesus' own disciples caused the death of Jesus, not the Jews in general.

Moving forward a bit. Once Christianity became the sanctioned religion of the state Rome did not want to be known as the killers of Jesus of Nazareth. So began the vilification of the Jews and it continues to this day. Anti-Semitism is fed in every church in Christendom during Holy Week.
And I believe that Islam is working assiduously to promote their love of Jesus the man to allay the suspicions of Christians and promote the idea that Islam is friendly to Christianity?

God's Truth

The Jews who killed Jesus did so because they knew if anyone listened to Jesus we would not need them, and there place of power would be taken away.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

The Jews were living in the Roman Empire.

The Jewish priests who believed in blood sacrifices to a God of justice were not happy with Jesus's idea of repentance, his public flouting of purity codes, his consorting with immigrants, the poor, the sinners and his attack on the Jerusalem temple before his death.

And the Romans were the Romans, exercising their power on this Galilean upstart.

God's Truth

The Jews were living in the Roman Empire.

The Jewish priests who believed in blood sacrifices to a God of justice were not happy with Jesus's idea of repentance, his public flouting of purity codes, his consorting with immigrants, the poor, the sinners and his attack on the Jerusalem temple before his death.

And the Romans were the Romans, exercising their power on this Galilean upstart.

Jesus is God and therefore forgave the sins of GOD'S PEOPLE while he walked the earth.

When Jesus was sacrificed then ALL COULD COME TO HIM TO BE WITH GOD THROUGH JESUS' BLOOD.

I know you know you are missing something in your life. Come to God's Truth.

bybee

The Jews who killed Jesus did so because they knew if anyone listened to Jesus we would not need them, and there place of power would be taken away.

You are a moronic dipstick! The Jews do not wish power over others. They do not proselytize. They have their own relationship with God. And we have ours.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God himself poured his wrath out on the Lord Jesus Christ. The Jews and the Romans were nothing more than manipulated puppets. Something that should make the Calvinist smile for all the wrong reasons.

RBBI

Neither the Jews nor the Romans killed Him. He laid down His life willingly.

Jhn 11:49 And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, Jhn 11:50
Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

Jhn 11:51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

Jhn 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
But it is true. The Jews really did not kill Jesus. They did not have the legal authority. It is the same today. Israel does not have the legal authority to kill anyone for any reason. What is going on in the Middle East is lawlessness on the part of the nation Israel

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God and therefore forgave the sins of GOD'S PEOPLE while he walked the earth.

When Jesus was sacrificed then ALL COULD COME TO HIM TO BE WITH GOD THROUGH JESUS' BLOOD.

I know you know you are missing something in your life. Come to God's Truth.
I agree with your personal theology as stated.
I just cannot take it literally.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The Roman Empire crucified Jesus. The earliest gospel Mark says that the crowds watching Pilate and Jesus were described as "the people."

Later, Matthew alters Mark and Luke and simply says the people cried "May his blood be on us and our children." And uses the term "all the people."

John calls them all "the Jews."

The immediate impression conveyed by "the Jews" is one of unreceptivity and hostility toward Jesus. And it is ironic that Jesus and his followers were all Jews.

John's community of believers were in conflict with normative Jews and were getting kicked out of the synagogues. So he was sure to put anti-Semitic vitriol into Jesus's mouth (John was written around the year 100).

He wanted Jesus to justify his own prejudices--much like we do.

God's Truth

I agree with your personal theology as stated.
I just cannot take it literally.

It is not mine it is God's Truth.

You do not believe the Holy Bible. You do not believe that God reserved His written Word exactly as we have it in the Holy Bible.

You are the one with the man made beliefs you claim those who believe the Holy Bible have.

God's Truth

But it is true. The Jews really did not kill Jesus. They did not have the legal authority. It is the same today. Israel does not have the legal authority to kill anyone for any reason. What is going on in the Middle East is lawlessness on the part of the nation Israel

The Bible plainly says the Jews killed Jesus, with the help of those who had the legal authority.

Acts 2:23 This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.

God's Truth

You are a moronic dipstick!
The Jews do not wish power over others.

John 11:48 If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation."

They do not proselytize. They have their own relationship with God. And we have ours.

You do not know what you are talking about. Of course the Jews proselytized.

Matthew 23:15 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Oh how I love the Word of God!

elohiym

You are a moronic dipstick! The Jews do not wish power over others. They do not proselytize. They have their own relationship with God. And we have ours.

What poster God's Truth said about the Jews that killed Jesus was true and essentially a paraphrase of scripture.

glorydaz

Matthew 27:24

When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

kayaker

The bigger question is who instigated Jesus' crucifixion, Ben. Those instigators were not Israelites, although there were Israelite tagalongs. Listen to His detractors in John 8:33 KJV and John 8:41 KJV "We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man..." "We be not born of fornication..." Abraham sired progeny via Hagar, Sarah, Keturah and concubines. Abraham was married to his half-sister, Isaac was married to his cousin, Jacob-Israel was married to two cousin sister-wive, and Judah hooked up with his daughter-in-law! The Israelites were in bondage in Egypt. So, the pretty simple conclusion is the instigators of Jesus' crucifixion were the Shelanite descendants of Isaiah's Messianic progenitor (Isaiah 65:9) and his "Canaanitess" wife (1Chronicles 2:3).

Jesus was a descendant of Judah's and his daughter-in-law Tamar who played the harlot (Genesis 38:24 KJV; Matthew 1:3; Luke 3:33 KJV). I don't suppose you can imagine a little sibling rivalry in those days as through which female co-orogenitor of Isaiah's Messianic progenitor (Isaiah 65:9) that Messiah would arrive? Those Shelanites (Numbers 26:20), being descendants of Judah and his Canaanitess wife, had the upper hand until Jesus showed up. Jesus' mere existence as a descendant of Judah and his daughter-in-law Tamar 'legitimized' the Pharzites (and Zarhites, Numbers 26:20) who were predominately the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And, Jesus' arrival sorta made 'bastards' (Deuteronomy 23:2 KJV, aka 'mamzerim', progeny of a forbidden marriage) out of those Shelanites descendants of Judah and his Canaanitess wife contrary to Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3, affirmed by Ezra some 1,400 years later in Ezra 9:1, 2, which constituted a "great trespass" in Ezra 9:7 KJV.

So... yep... Jesus was a bit of a political activist among the ranks of those circumcised, non-Israelite, mamzerim, Shelanite Pharisees that infiltrated the true Israelite synagogues. They weren't even ancestrally authentic Jews to begin with. Jesus was King of the Jews. The problem was the Shelanites usurped the title, but they weren't even counted in Ezra's tribal roster of Judah in 1Chronicles 4:1... even though Shelah was a legitimate first degree son of Judah (1Chronicles 4:21 KJV, 1Chronicles 4:22 KJV). Don't you think Pilate figured that out? He wasn't a governor and judge for by being a slacker...and he didn't have a rooster in the fight, LOL! One can readily blame the Romans, but that rivalry thing was undoubtedly quite a perfect storm, wouldn't you say?

kayaker