"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

glorydaz

Yes, an important point.

Sin requires hatred for another. He wrote that whoever hates his brother is a murder, doesn't know God and doesn't have eternal life in the same epistle.

So, you're both wrong on that "important point". The important point being Sin requires there be a LAW that can be violated.

Romans 4:15
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

glorydaz

How can anyone be under the law who has faith in Christ???

How can anyone be in the flesh who is in Christ??

You are defending your presumptions of the Lord by lying about others.

When did the Lord tell you that you can never be lost, even if you and John W kill 600 people.

Your view is from writings in your mind which are not in your heart.

The Bible is full of warnings against committing things which will destroy your faith and lead you into hell.

How can you be so blind to that??

LA

Guess you can't see that you're arguing against yourself.....and then making a fool of yourself to boot.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Context is important. Romans 11 is not referring to Christianity.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

I Corinthians 10 is not about losing your salvation but about learning to avoid sin for although God does not count it against you, it does open up the believer's life to more of Satan's attacks

1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

One can receive the Spirit of eternal life without being made eternal as OSAS claims.

When we are clothed with immortality then yes we can not become lost.

Until then---

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Revelation 3 does not apply to Christianity. Although we do not know the timing of I Thessalonians 4:13-17, we shall ever be with the Lord after that

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Rev 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

elohiym

A person can only walk where he is. Those in the flesh walk in the flesh...their mind is on the flesh (like you when you credit your flesh with resisting "sin").

I don't credit my flesh with resisting sin. Stop making stuff up and answer the question directly:

If a person does any of those acts listed in Galatians 5:19-21, that proves they are not walking in the Spirit but in the flesh, doing the works of the flesh.

Do you agree? Yes or no?

glorydaz

I don't credit my flesh with resisting sin. Stop making stuff up and answer the question directly:

If a person does any of those acts listed in Galatians 5:19-21, that proves they are not walking in the Spirit but in the flesh, doing the works of the flesh.

Do you agree? Yes or no?

No, I don't agree that you don't credit your flesh with resisting sin. That's exactly what you do.

elohiym

Guess you don't get the verse I gave you....where there is no law there is no transgression.

Why can't you just answer the question directly, yes or no?

Let's try again:

Do you agree? Yes or no?

OCTOBER23

PAST SINS ONLY ARE FORGIVEN

That is why you have to keep Asking for the Holy Spirit.

Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence;

and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood,

to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past,

through the forbearance of God;

DON'T BE A FOOLISH VIRGIN.

glorydaz

Why can't you just answer the question directly, yes or no?

Let's try again:

Do you agree? Yes or no?

Are you Jerry's brother?

I already told you very clearly and even supported what I said with scripture. The works of the flesh....which Paul lists in that portion of scripture....are performed by those in the flesh (the unrighteous....the unsaved.....the unjustified.) Believers are not in the flesh.

What I will not agree with you on is your definition of what it means to be in the flesh and who can do those works of the flesh. That's what you want from me and you won't get it. BECAUSE you are wrong....simple enough.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
PAST SINS ONLY ARE FORGIVEN

That is why you have to keep Asking for the Holy Spirit.

Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence;

and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood,

to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past,

through the forbearance of God;

DON'T BE A FOOLISH VIRGIN.

well said.

turbosixx

Could someone who supports OSAS please explain this to me? When I try to make sense of OSAS I can’t understand how this fits into the logic.

In 1 Cor. 6 there is a list of sinners that Paul says will not inherit the kingdom of God. What I don’t understand is, if what determines if we are saved or not is if we’re a believer, then why does Paul ask believers “do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven"? Why does he tell them, Do not be deceived and then give them this list of sinners if sin has nothing to do with salvation because Jesus’s work took care of that?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Could someone who supports OSAS please explain this to me? When I try to make sense of OSAS I can’t understand how this fits into the logic.

In 1 Cor. 6 there is a list of sinners that Paul says will not inherit the kingdom of God. What I don’t understand is, if what determines if we are saved or not is if we’re a believer, then why does Paul ask believers “do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven"? Why does he tell them, Do not be deceived and then give them this list of sinners if sin has nothing to do with salvation because Jesus’s work took care of that?

You don't realize they are dismissing many of those inconvenient verses?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's what it looks like, but I'm trying to see it from their view. If it's the truth, I want to understand it.

there are tons of verses claim that you cannot inherit God's kingdom if you don't produce good fruit.

why do you think there are so many warning about not producing fruit?

Jesus says to be faithful until the end. He also says we will be judged according to what we have done.

It is just boastful to claim to be saved because Jesus does not judge anyone yet.

OSAS is false doctrine.

BTW, OSAS believers are actually following Calvin's teaching. Those saved ones are the elect, according to this doctrine.