User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is winng Battle Royale III?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dee Dee Warren

24 48.98%
  • Jerry Shugart

25 51.02%
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: BATTLE TALK - Battle Royale III ~ Dee Dee vs. Jerry

Dee Dee Warren
    because she isn't just coming out sounding like a blithering idiot to any futurist
    Thanx!!! I think..... maybe I should have just puked on everyone

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, that was a wicked right!

Personally, I would have had different emphases on the different points, but I'd say Jerry takes round 1.

His closing would have been my opening - what record is there that these supernatural occurrences Jesus speaks of take place in AD 70?

His main point would have been my minor point - OT prophecies concerning the end times (particularly the temple) that have obviously not been fulfilled yet.

cirisme

Dee Dee,

It's your job to see to it we grasp what you're saying.

cirisme
    In order to help me figure out who wins the whole battle, I'm gonna keep track of who wins each round.

Jerry takes this round, hands down. However, Dee Dee has laid the ground work for a future round, and if she plays her cards right she could take what she's already got and undisputidly win the next round.

That's just my not so humble opinion, however.

Yxboom
    Ciris,

That is essentially what I was getting at that in the whole she may put together a winning argument but individually they stand the question. Which I think that to start it was an excellent start and a great foundation she built.

Dee Dee,

As far as puking on everyone I think you did a much better job of laying out your argument, without having to lose your lunch just well enough.

Dee Dee Warren
    Wow, someone can win a round by totally ignoring that other person's point, which if true, makes anything else that is said utterly meaningless?? Go figure.

Dee Dee Warren
    Poking at everyone??? Hmmmm..... a-poking and a-puking. Are those turds still for sale?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,100 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren
    Wow, someone can win a round by totally ignoring that other person's point, which if true, makes anything else that is said utterly meaningless?? Go figure.
    Actually in the opening round(s) its pretty customary to build your own case without devoting much time to responding to the others case.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Yxboom
    It isn't poking it's puking.....check again??? I think your powerpuff indignation is overflowing. I had now twice applauded you for a great opening and a great point to begin the debate.

As far as the argument in round one you're final conclusion as I read it was that in Daniel's prophecy and the Lord's words they referred to the same single event and temple.
    I believe Jerry did in fact give a very good response that they may be two entirely different events and not one in the same as is your conclusion.
    As it stands I can't give a point to either you or Jerry cause you made a point which you I am sure will continue to prove and Jerry made a counter which I am sure will continue to prove so I feel you both did equally well. Peace.

Dee Dee Warren
    Okay Knight.... I am duly chastised... but I thought you said it was smack down Well that's what I am doing... smacking down

BUT>>>>>BTW, he is the one who mentioned my opening post and proceeded to say that it was incorrect... and in every single one of his so-called proofs of the incorrectness of my position, he failed to deal with my point!! So he opened the door for my criticism that he ignored my point. Perhaps I should have said that he ignored my point (there was only one point - kind of hard to miss) while pretending that he didn't. Is that better? I expected an "opening statement" that would not even mention my post... but that is not what we got now is it?? As we say in the law, but Your Honor, the Plaintiff opened the door to that testimony.

Dee Dee Warren
    Wow YxBoom, I DO think I need to clean my contacts!!! I really thought you said "poking." I have had a rough day though to be honest... got some bad health news about a family member. I would appreciate the prayers of all.

And my PowerPuff indignation is overflowing!!! Whhhheeee!!! [and I do appreciate the compliments you gave, I am sorry if I was bad at showing it - my bad]

Yxboom
    As we say in TOL, your moderator, the posters indignation floweth over in their testimony!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren
    Okay Knight.... I am duly chastised... but I thought you said it was smack down
    It is "smack down" and I personally would have attacked your opening post like a pack o' hungry wolves jumpin' on a little white bunny rabbit! However, I was simply pointing out that it isn't necessary to respond to the others points in the opening round(s).

Yxboom
    Or Knight would've just tied you up and made you eat his fish tacos. Whereby you would plead for the wolves to pounce!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Yxboom
    Or Knight would've just tied you up and made you eat his fish tacos. Whereby you would plead for the wolves to pounce!
    Ouch!

Thread Information