User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is winng Battle Royale III?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dee Dee Warren

24 48.98%
  • Jerry Shugart

25 51.02%
Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: BATTLE TALK - Battle Royale III ~ Dee Dee vs. Jerry

Your powers are weak, old man. Knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 622 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation BATTLE TALK - Battle Royale III ~ Dee Dee vs. Jerry

You may want to reserve your voting until the battle has developed.

But feel free to discuss the battle here!
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really do not know much about Dee Dee or Jerry so this should be fun!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A prediction

I really do not know much about Dee Dee or Jerry...
    Neither do I, but I've been doing a little reading, and I'll give some odds:

5 - 1 that Jerry wins

This is based more on the strengths of the positions, than on the combatant's debating skills. I'm going with Dee Dee's definition of the tribulation from her thread on the subject. IMO, her interpretation of Matthew 24 can be refuted to most people's satisfaction from Matthew 24 itself.

If Jerry has a good working knowledge of the OT messianic prophecies, his odds go up further. It might take some planning and preparation to use this line of argumentation effectively, though, considering the ten-post limit.

For Dee Dee to have a chance, she needs to draw up a full game plan, follow it as closely as possible, and keep the pace slow and tightly focused.

Good luck to both!

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know both, and I would say the odds are in Dee Dee's favor. Jerry tends to prooftext without knowing the context of the passage, leaving him open to being easily refuted.

Dee Dee will throw lots of facts and technical arguments at Jerry. Jerry does not handle technical arguments well consistently.
    For Greek conversion, click here.
    <opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily those of TOL or the TOL Holding Company, and are in fact probably either wrong or dangerous or something even worse. In the event of a world-wide catastrophe coming from one of these posts, all we can say is we did not do it and we warned you not to listen to this post, but NOOOOO, you knew what you were doing all along and yet you STILL managed to destroy part of a continent and yet missed Hollywood! Any resemblance to mathematicians dead or alive is strictly on purpose.>

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Originally posted by Jaltus
    I know both, and I would say the odds are in Dee Dee's favor. Jerry tends to prooftext without knowing the context of the passage, leaving him open to being easily refuted.

Dee Dee will throw lots of facts and technical arguments at Jerry. Jerry does not handle technical arguments well consistently.
    But then again you predicted Zakath would do well (if not win) Battle Royale II and we all know what happened there!

Ouch!

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but we all know that was not the same Zak we once knew.

Of course, I am always willing to admit when I am wrong...well, sort of, hehe.
    <opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily those of TOL or the TOL Holding Company, and are in fact probably either wrong or dangerous or something even worse. In the event of a world-wide catastrophe coming from one of these posts, all we can say is we did not do it and we warned you not to listen to this post, but NOOOOO, you knew what you were doing all along and yet you STILL managed to destroy part of a continent and yet missed Hollywood! Any resemblance to mathematicians dead or alive is strictly on purpose.>

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Jaltus
    True, but we all know that was not the same Zak we once knew.

Of course, I am always willing to admit when I am wrong...well, sort of, hehe.
    He he....

Actually I think it was the same ol' Zak. The problem for Zak was (is) - as my brother always says... "you just can't sell a turd."

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Jaltus

If he feels a need to respond to every technical point, then yes, that could be a problem. OTOH, if he sticks to the main 'gut' arguments, her technical points could come across as a lack of real substance.

Dee Dee Warren
    Hey!!! And I was looking to buy a turd. I am going to read the rules thoroughly tonight Knight and will post my acceptance of them once I do.

And Jaltus.... thanx!! I think

Dee Dee Warren
    Dear JohnV:

Hmmmm...... technical arguments show lack of substance??? If you say so.... Maybe if I just go gaa, gaa, and goo, goo I can have real substance (and I am not insinuating that is what Jerry will do - though the futurist position would sound about the same if he did Sorry, couldn't help talking a little trash, humor me.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dee Dee

Hmmmm...... technical arguments show lack of substance???
    They can. Ever here the phrase "just a technicality"? That means the point in question is insubstantive.

Looks like Jerry takes the first point - he was first to agree to the rules!

Dee Dee Warren
    Dear JohnV:

I actually decided to read them first!!! I have not been much for rules... and perhaps someone could tell me where the rule at TOL is for length of posts... I am trying to find that as I know that I was a flagrant violator before, and just didn't care!!!

Can anyone help me out with that?? Then I will be able to post my agreement and understanding of the rules.

And by the way.... Jaltus didn't say just a technicality... he was referring to real substance. I know, I know put up or shut up.

Dee Dee Warren
    Phew!!! Okay, I was panicking for a minute when I read the rule for post lengths, but then I noticed that Knight said to refer to his and Zakath's Battle for a good idea of appropriate post lengths, and I can do that

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, you can?!?!?

Try going a whole day posting that length.

Dee Dee Warren
    Jaltus, you knew me too well.... am I deluding myself??

Thread Information