"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

turbosixx

Romans 2:16 states: "In the day when God
shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus
Christ according to my gospel."

Are we going to be judged by Paul's gospel or Christ's gospel?

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Right Divider

Body part

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
Paul's gospel IS Christ's gospel. No wonder you are SO completely ignorant of what Christ is doing NOW.

turbosixx

I'm happy to see a person who accepts who and what they are.

I'm getting the sense that is really who you are. You take pride and enjoyment from casting rocks down on the rest of us who don't have a grasp on the truth as you do instead of helping us to better understand

2 Tim. 2:24 The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, 25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,

glorydaz

IN HIM.....that's where you need to be.

Romans 8:1-2
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.​

turbosixx

IN HIM.....that's where you need to be.

Romans 8:1-2
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.​

Isn't that what this passage is all about, teaching us how to be saved?

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
NKJV

The parallel passage tells up how we come to be IN HIM.

Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, NKJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, they were reconciled to God but what does the passage say they were separated from? What does the passage say separated them? Once reconciled, what were they joined to?

Separated from Israel.
Eph. 2:12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

Separated by the law of Moses.
14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances,

Joined to Israel
....so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. 19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,

After this is when Paul tells them the mystery. If I understand your view of the mystery, it’s wrong. The mystery is that the Gentiles would be added to Israel not a separate group.
Eph. 2:6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body,
Rom. 11:17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree,

Why would Paul testify to the gospel of grace by preaching the kingdom of God?
Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. 25 “And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more.

I know exactly who the two groups (the twain) made one new man is, and it's not: 1. Israel and 2. The Body of Christ. Israel has a future and it is when their sins will be blotted out when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord/what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV, 1 John 1:9 KJV, Romans 11:26-27 KJV, Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV).

The middle wall of partition (Ephesians 2:14 KJV) is not referring to the Law of Moses, but the law of commandments contained in ordinances (Ephesians 2:15 KJV), as in that which came down from James (Acts 15:19-20 KJV).

The Gentiles to whom Paul was first sent were under those ordinances (1 Corinthians 11:2 KJV), but not the Gentiles like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). The handwriting of ordinances was against them, contrary to them (and us by extension). These Ephesians were worshiping the goddess Diana all the way up to the time (time past Ephesians 2:11 KJV) of Acts 19 (Acts 19:28 KJV). They were not seeking blessings from God through Israel as those to whom Paul was first sent were (as Paul found them in the synagogue of the Jews Acts 17:1-4 KJV, Acts 18:4 KJV); those Gentiles who had a hope (Acts 13:26 KJV, Galatians 3:29 KJV). No! The Bible says that at that time, these Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter were aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise and because of it, because they did not fear God and align themselves with Israel, they were the cursed Gentiles of Genesis 12:3 KJV. They had no hope and were without God in the world (Ephesians 2:12 KJV). That is, UNLESS God had a mystery that gave them a hope and that's exactly what we see as God revealed through Paul, the dispensation of the grace of God for the “you Gentiles” (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV), the "but now" hope for Gentiles (Ephesians 2:13 KJV) who before had none! The passage is not that but now they are Israel, but that "but now" they had a hope of being made “nigh” unto God “by the blood of Christ”!

Last edited:

turbosixx

The middle wall of partition (Ephesians 2:14 KJV) is not referring to the Law of Moses, but the law of commandments contained in ordinances (Ephesians 2:15 KJV), as in that which came down from James (Acts 15:19-20 KJV).

If it's what came from James, why did Paul go around preaching it?

Acts 16:4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered to them the decrees to keep, which were determined by the apostles and elders at Jerusalem.

glorydaz

I'm getting the sense that is really who you are. You take pride and enjoyment from casting rocks down on the rest of us who don't have a grasp on the truth as you do instead of helping us to better understand

2 Tim. 2:24 The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, 25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,

Actually, he usually reserves that for those who think they know everything. I'm wondering if this post of yours might cause him to look again. He really does have a good heart.

turbosixx

The Gentiles to whom Paul was first sent were under those ordinances (1 Corinthians 11:2 KJV), but not the Gentiles like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

This doesn't make sense to me. What has changed? Why would there be different ordinances? The gospel is simple and for everyone.

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

glorydaz

Isn't that what this passage is all about, teaching us how to be saved?

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
NKJV

The parallel passage tells up how we come to be IN HIM.

Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, NKJV

Actually, that's baptizing in the name of ....not the baptism by the Spirit into Christ. The ONE baptism Paul speaks of is by the Spirit INTO Christ.

turbosixx

Actually, he usually reserves that for those who think they know everything. I'm wondering if this post of yours might cause him to look again. He really does have a good heart.

I don't claim to to know anything other than what the bible tells me. I am nothing. I believe he does have a good heart, that's why I pointed it out because I think he will take it to heart. There are others who would not. I love the passion everyone on TOL has for what they understand to be truth.

turbosixx

Actually, that's baptizing in the name of ....not the baptism by the Spirit into Christ. The ONE baptism Paul speaks of is by the Spirit INTO Christ.

Which baptism is this?
Acts 18:8 Then Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his household. And many of the Corinthians, hearing, believed and were baptized.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
This doesn't make sense to me. What has changed? Why would there be different ordinances? The gospel is simple and for everyone.

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

One cannot separate Mark 16:15 from the following verses.

Is this what you are actually doing?

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Your 'century gothic font' is not conducive to easy reading.

turbosixx

Read Acts 15

I have and I see zero evidence of James teaching the keeping of the law of Moses. If you could point out where he did I could see where you're coming from. I see more evidence that Paul kept it.

Acts 16:3 Paul wanted to have him go on with him. And he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in that region, for they all knew that his father was Greek.

turbosixx

One cannot separate Mark 16:15 from the following verses.

Is this what you are actually doing?

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

My intention is not to separate. I'm not sure what your point is as to me separating them.

Your 'century gothic font' is not conducive to easy reading.

Thanks for the tip. I like the color but don't know how to use it.

glorydaz

I don't claim to to know anything other than what the bible tells me. I am nothing. I believe he does have a good heart, that's why I pointed it out because I think he will take it to heart. There are others who would not. I love the passion everyone on TOL has for what they understand to be truth.

And I'm glad you have taken the time to see that. One thing you might think about is that the baptism of John was for a specific purpose and time. After our Lord was risen from the dead, He gave Paul revelations that pertained to salvation by grace through faith. When we believe Paul's gospel, we are placed into the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit when He comes to dwell in us. That is not John's baptism of water. Others can explain it much better than I can, but I've been a Christian for a long time and I didn't really understand why things were different before the cross and after the cross....but they are and there is good reason. Mainly that Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel, and later Paul was sent to the rest of us (gentiles). If you remain open to that, you'll be able to see more clearly what is kinda confusing now.

turbosixx

I Israel has a future and it is when their sins will be blotted out when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord/what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV, 1 John 1:9 KJV, Romans 11:26-27 KJV, Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV).

Israel has no future but other in Christ now. That's why Paul preached grace and the kingdom because they are one and the same.

Col. 1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

If they have a future, are they justified in rejecting Christ becaue he didn't set up thier kingdom?

Matt. 10:7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’