Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Meshak, make-believer] "[A]n unbeliever can't love or obey Jesus."

Their lips say one thing (like the antichrist
witch-3604.gif
here) :blabla: but their lives say another thing (Mt 15:8). :reals: The make-believer's fruits prove who he really is (Mt 7:20, 13:23, Jn 15:2–8). :burnlib:

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like (Ga 5:19–21)...But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Ga 5:22–23).

heir

TOL Subscriber
What post did I say that in?
That's how she reads Paul and applies it to us. Instead of believing and reporting what he really says!

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Romans 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Romans 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

God's Truth

That's how she reads Paul and applies it to us. Instead of believing and reporting what he really says!

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Romans 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Romans 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

You posted scriptures where Paul was speaking of what he was like before he was saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Grace means we do not have to do all these works forever just to be able to go to the temple to worship God:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

It means you do not have to have a special bath and sacrifice an animal for having your menses, or for sitting where someone else had their menses.

Jesus' blood makes us clean once and for all.

It does not mean we no longer have to obey Jesus and abstain from evil!
Grace is NO MORE OF WORKS and that includes ALL WORKS!

God's Truth

Romans 6:16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Did you read that?

SIN IS A WORK TOO!

You claim we do not have to obey and that it is a works salvation!

Sin is a work too!

If you are not working by obeying, then YOU ARE WORKING BY SINNING.

You have to repent of your sins to be saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus' blood makes us clean once and for all.
You don't believe that as you believe that if you "deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left".

You don't trust that Christ died for ALL of your sins/ that He forgave you ALL TRESPASSES (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV).

THINK, woman! How many of your sins were in the future when "Christ died for our sins"?

God's Truth

You don't believe that as you believe that if you "deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left".

You don't trust that Christ died for ALL of your sins/ that He forgave you ALL TRESPASSES (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV).

THINK, woman! How many of your sins were in the future when "Christ died for our sins"?

You do not have access to that grace unless you have faith that the sins you repented of are forgiven.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul did not continue doing the things that he said qualified him as the worst of sinners!
That is not so.

Romans 7:15-25King James Version (KJV)

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are badly mistaken.

Jesus' words are Spirit AND LIFE.

You do not get that life unless you obey the WORD of God.
Life comes to those by the works that Christ did, not by the works you have done.
It is Christ that fulfills the work requirement of God's redemption, not you or anyone else.