Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I believe in religious liberty, but this is a civil job she has, and the law is the law, and she should either have issued the licenses or left her post. Some will disagree with me, but this woman is out for fame and money, IMO.

You're an idiot!

The conditions of her job changed since she came to work there and that change conflicts with her religious beliefs. Even by the unjust law of the United States there should have been a reasonable accommodation made in order to protect her first amendment rights.

The fact that no such accommodation was made is no surprise because legalizing marriage for faggots isn't about anything other than making Christianity illegal. They (the faggots) WILL NOT stop until they have fully and legally pushed all but the weakest version of Christianity into the closet and shut the door.

If you think otherwise, you're naive and deserve to loose your rights. You'll know I'm right when they ban this website and others like it.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What are they doing to keep you from living your life according to Biblical principles?

Well, for one thing, I can't work for the state I'm a citizen of and deny perverts a marriage license if I believe doing so is in conflict with my deeply held and long established religious beliefs.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Well, for one thing, I can't work for the state I'm a citizen of and deny perverts a marriage license if I believe doing so is in conflict with my deeply held and long established religious beliefs.

An option was given to allow the deputy clerks to issue them. Davis still objected because her name was still on the form in some fashion, which seems like a pretty legalistic way of looking at it. If anyone still thinks that a license issued from that office is being given with Davis' authorization and support then they are ignorant.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
An option was given to allow the deputy clerks to issue them. Davis still objected because her name was still on the form in some fashion, which seems like a pretty legalistic way of looking at it. If anyone still thinks that a license issued from that office is being given with Davis' authorization and support then they are ignorant.

The state law reads that its by the authorization of the clerk. Thats what she wanted removed, and so it has been - the legality of it, not yet known as fact, since the legislature hasnt met yet.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/k...thout-her-signature-issue-not-settled-145273/

PureX

Why should anyone else care about your deeply held religious beliefs? Especially when you're using them to judge, condemn and punish other people?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Its not punishing to try to force someone to go against their beliefs?

Why be a crybaby, why not just get it from someone else who doesnt object?

But in this case the 'someone else' was a deputy clerk which apparently wasn't good enough so it would have had to be another county. Someone shouldn't have to go to another county to get a marriage license.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
But in this case the 'someone else' was a deputy clerk which apparently wasn't good enough so it would have had to be another county. Someone shouldn't have to go to another county to get a marriage license.

Yeah, 10 minutes is a real burden.

What you should mean, is that the supreme court should have also had the fore-sight to rectify the conflict in the law they created. She has rights under the constitution too.

PureX

Its not punishing to try to force someone to go against their beliefs?
No one cares about your beliefs. You can believe whatever you want. But you can't do whatever you want to other people, and at their expense. That's why we have laws, to protect ourselves from those among us who would do us harm.
Why be a crybaby, why not just get it from someone else who doesnt object?
Because we are paying her salary to do perform this task. If she's not going to do what we're paying her to do, then we have the right to fire her. That's not 'whining". That's just common sense.

If you hired a gardener to trim your hedges, and the gardener refused to trim them because he "doesn't believe in it", why shouldn't you fire him and hire someone who will do what you're paying them to do? By what reasoning do you imagine that he shouldn't be fired? By what reasoning do you claim wanting to fire him is "whining"?

StanJ

her authorization statement had to be on them whether she signed them and handed them out or not, they have been editting her name out of those predone, and issuing them by name of Rowan county now (instead of her name).

The STATE authorization, not her's. She works for the STATE in her ELECTED capacity Apparently this idiot has to explain Kentucky law to someone who obviously doesn't get it. She was NOT elected because of her Christian beliefs. For all we know, SHE put her name on the form in the computer and obviously someone who was authorized edited it. If you're going to ignore me, do a better job at it.

StanJ

The judge who found Davis in contempt ruled as follows;

As Bunning explained in his original ruling against her, Davis’ job in no way requires her to “condone or endorse same-sex marriage” in any way. “It simply asks the county clerk to certify that the information provided is accurate and that the couple is qualified to marry under Kentucky law.” In other words, Davis’ primary responsibility is paperwork and filing, not authorizing or officiating.

It probably galls A4T to no end that Davis is actually a Democrat.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The judge who found Davis in contempt ruled as follows;

As Bunning explained in his original ruling against her, Davis’ job in no way requires her to “condone or endorse same-sex marriage” in any way. “It simply asks the county clerk to certify that the information provided is accurate and that the couple is qualified to marry under Kentucky law.” In other words, Davis’ primary responsibility is paperwork and filing, not authorizing or officiating.

It probably galls A4T to no end that Davis is actually a Democrat.

I doubt it, the folks defending her just seem to ignore her party affiliation because her bigotry happens to suit them.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Why should anyone else care about your deeply held religious beliefs?
Because the right to have what others might find offensive religious beliefs is what it means to have religious freedom.

If you don't like the first amendment then leave this country!

Especially when you're using them to judge, condemn and punish other people?
You can always tell who evil people are. They are the ones who are tolerant toward anything other than someone else calling something evil. In other words, calling evil good isn't judging, its "tolerance" but calling evil evil is judging and should not be tolerated. Hypocritical stupidity.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No one cares about your beliefs. You can believe whatever you want. But you can't do whatever you want to other people, and at their expense. That's why we have laws, to protect ourselves from those among us who would do us harm.
Which is why God said to execute homosexuals not let them pervert the foundations of your society and reproduce by molesting children.

Because we are paying her salary to do perform this task. If she's not going to do what we're paying her to do, then we have the right to fire her. That's not 'whining". That's just common sense.

She wasn't fired you moron! She was carted off to jail!!!!

If you hired a gardener to trim your hedges, and the gardener refused to trim them because he "doesn't believe in it", why shouldn't you fire him and hire someone who will do what you're paying them to do? By what reasoning do you imagine that he shouldn't be fired? By what reasoning do you claim wanting to fire him is "whining"?
Fine! Fire her. Why prison?

What harm has this woman done to society that warrants sending her to prison with thieves and drug dealers?