"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

so repent immediatly instead of postponing your repentance (even after you accepted christ)

What church do you attend?

redpill4vr

NOTICE: It does NOT say "ONLY sins that are past"

You proof-texters need to learn what the entire Bible actually says.

hmm........
NIV - od presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[a] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

NET--- publicly displayed him at his death as the mercy seat accessible through faith. This was to demonstrate his righteousness, because God in his forbearance had passed over the sins previously committed.

HCSB ---- God presented Him as a propitiation[a] through faith in His blood, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His restraint God passed over the sins previously committed.

NLT ---- For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past,

These are some standard versions .. i dont know how one can infer that it also refers to future sins from romans 3:25 . my first language is not english.. so my english comprehension skills might not be upto the mark. but you will not find it anywhere in the bible that your future sins are also forgiven when we accept jesus.. if that is the case then the following should not make sense.

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
the epistle of john is written for believers only

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

In Ro 3:25, Paul is referring to sins committed before the work of the cross, not to a believers sins committed before being saved.

"done aforetime-progegonoton"

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

glorydaz

In Ro 3:25, Paul is referring to sins committed before the work of the cross, not to a believers sins committed before being saved.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

There you go....as we bring out the big guns. :thumb:

genuineoriginal

Back up the truck! Think about that for a minute and answer this: How many of your sins were in the future when "Christ died for our sins"?
Your turn:

How many of the sins you repented of were still in the future?
If they were still in the future, did you really repent or are you still in your sins?

redpill4vr

There you go....as we bring out the big guns. :thumb:

in addition to romans 3:25 look at 2 peter 1:9

2 Peter 1:9-11 New English Translation (NET Bible)

9 But concerning the one who lacks such things—he is blind. That is to say, he is nearsighted, since he has forgotten about the cleansing of his past sins.
10 Therefore, brothers and sisters, make every effort to be sure of your calling and election. For by doing this you will never stumble into sin. 11 For thus an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be richly provided for you.

if your calling is sure then no more effort is required to make it sure... please read the entire chapter as i have not posted it here.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

if a believers future sins are also forgiven at once... then there is no need for this... or similar verses like this.

i dont know if it can be more clearer.

P.S ------ this discussion is going away and away from my question...just give answer to my question..

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

9 But concerning the one who lacks such things—he is blind. That is to say, he is nearsighted, since he has forgotten about the cleansing of his past sins.
10 Therefore, brothers and sisters, make every effort to be sure of your calling and election. For by doing this you will never stumble into sin. 11 For thus an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be richly provided for you.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

if a believers future sins are also forgiven at once... then there is no need for this... or similar verses like this.

P.S ------ this discussion is going away and away from my question...just give answer to my question..

PLEASE give us the question once more -

elohiym

And when we die, we will be forced back before him.... no difference.

We are his adopted children and he loves us as his own...

Do you harbor grudges against your own children?.. and refuse to forgive them even when they go astray?

The bottom line here is that you think it is your choice and think there is something you can do to merit salvation... which is obviously a lie.

But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.'

Jesus said that. What did he mean, in you opinion?

genuineoriginal

I met a pastor who preached OSAS. He said after a person accepts christ as saviour then his entry to heaven (eternal life) is secured. I asked what if he commits adultery and not repent and not get forgiveness from God. He still said that he would go but God would discipline him (he might even kill him). So i put forth a question in the following way and he could not answer it. He said go and read John's Gospel and you will understand.

notation : M --> me, P ---> the pastor

M: Is God holy?
P: Yes.
M: Does sin dwell in God's place?
P:No.
M: So if a commits adultery he will be disciplined (God might
kill him) but he will go to heaven.
P: yes.
M: Then what happens to the sin he committed ?
P: it will still be there.
M: Who will be accountable for the sin he committed. He did not ask
for forgiveness .
P: the sin will be there.
M: if that sin is still there how will he go to heaven.?
P: why are you focusing on sin leave it.
M: its because that's the thing that separates man from God.
P: you are not a man of God or else you would have simply believed instead of asking these many questions.

and he left.. can anyone answer this question.." who will be held accountable for the unforgiven sin even when the believer has not repented and asked for forgiveness".

ps. i believe that OSAS is false... dont say a true believer will never sin......
The main problem with OSAS is that it claims that full salvation happens at the time you first believe instead of at the coming of Jesus in His glory.

You receive a token of the coming salvation when you receive the Holy Spirit and you will be fully saved when Jesus returns if you have remained in Him and have not quenched the Holy Spirit.

Salvation is not stopping to believe in Jesus Christ as your savior and then continuing to wander off like the lost sheep you were before you believed. Salvation is stopping to believe in Jesus Christ and then remaining with Him for the rest of your life.

The actions needed to do that are different from person to person, but everyone that remains with Jesus must repent of their unrighteousness and do their best to act according to the standards of righteousness that God recognizes.

In God's standards, adultery is a sin worthy of the death penalty.
A Christian who commits adultery has wandered away from Jesus Christ and must return in order to be ready for the salvation that will come. This return will require the Christian that wandered away to repent of the new sins committed while away from Jesus Christ.

redpill4vr

if your calling is sure then no more effort is required to make it sure... please read the entire chapter as i have not posted it here.