Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

God's Truth

How is accusing someone of being a modalist proving what they said is wrong?

I give scripture to my beliefs and all you resort to is labeling and personal attacks.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is that all you have to defend your doctrine is to accuse me of something I am not, and a name that does not matter?

Describes you to the core.
In Christianity, Sabellianism in the Eastern church or Patripassianism in the Western church (also known as modalism, modalistic monarchianism, or modal monarchism) is the nontrinitarian or anti-trinitarian belief that the Heavenly Father, Resurrected Son, and Holy Spirit are three different modes or aspects of one monadic God, as perceived by the believer, rather than three distinct persons within the Godhead—that there are no real or substantial differences among the three, such that there is no substantial identity for the Spirit or the Son.(from wikipedia)

God's Truth

Describes you to the core.
In Christianity, Sabellianism in the Eastern church or Patripassianism in the Western church (also known as modalism, modalistic monarchianism, or modal monarchism) is the nontrinitarian or anti-trinitarian belief that the Heavenly Father, Resurrected Son, and Holy Spirit are three different modes or aspects of one monadic God, as perceived by the believer, rather than three distinct persons within the Godhead—that there are no real or substantial differences among the three, such that there is no substantial identity for the Spirit or the Son.(from wikipedia)

I couldn't care any less of what name you want to call me. Debate the scriptures I give.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your name calling means nothing.

I am a Christian because I am of Christ.
Really!

Genesis 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Colossians 1:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

1 John 1:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us—

Interesting set of scripture. Do you believe it?

God's Truth

Really!

Genesis 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Colossians 1:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

1 John 1:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us—

Interesting set of scripture. Do you believe it?

I believe all the scriptures.

God's Truth

Then you believe that Jesus is God, not the Father but God?

There is only one God, and He is the Father.

If Jesus is God, and he is, then he is that same God the Father.

There are three and the three are One and the same.

If the three are different and separate, then they are three different and separate Gods.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is only one God, and He is the Father.

If Jesus is God, and he is, then he is that same God the Father.

There are three and the three are One and the same.

If the three are different and separate, then they are three different and separate Gods.

Your understanding is incorrect. Your belief is anti-trinitarian. The three are the same but separate.

1 John 5:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So now you are admitting they are the same?

How could you ever get that Jesus is separate from the Father and the Holy Spirit?

I have always claimed they are the same but separate. That is Trinitarian Doctrine.

1 John 5:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Do you see from this scripture that they are three but one?