I can only speculate

I love it when you speculate

she is actually doing something about her beliefs

and the others are not?

this is speculation

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Like RM has been telling you, Jeb is not going to win back the independents, which is what the Rs really need to do to win this race.

He is not listening or even watching the electorate in this cycle. Chrys is a diehard RINO...he loves watching them lose I assume. Jeb has sunk to 5% while every non-politician is seeing double digit numbers. I would say we are seeing a non-establishment trend, and it is good thing to see because no RINO will win the nomination no matter how much money they raise, there are too many better candidates to pick from this go around.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
kim is being vilified
You have a peculiar definition of the word if what follows strikes you as vilification. And in any event, don't we already have several threads on the topic?

What, is it impacting her rep?

She did see it coming though, made the choice when she decided to take over for her mother.

isn't she in jail for her beliefs?
No, she's in jail for failing to do her job and obstructing justice. She isn't being asked to affirmatively break a single commandment.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
i applaud her. she took a stand for her faith in Christ and the Word of God as she interprets it, and she did not back down -

she is a hero for Christians and Americans, God and Country Amen ! -
I wonder how many people will celebrate when folks stop paying taxes because some of that money goes into this or that program that runs contrary to scripture. And maybe the Baptists will start human walls around the alcohol displays in stores. The possibilities for growth along those lines are impressive.

Or, if you disagree with a law you could use the process, vote, encourage candidates who agree with you and--this is the hard part-- if enough people aren't convinced live with the process the way everyone with a legitimate or less so gripe has to in order to maintain a government of law in which we all get a chance to be happy and uncomfortable.

Or we could move, I suppose.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I wonder how many people will celebrate when folks stop paying taxes because some of that money goes into this or that program that runs contrary to scripture. And maybe the Baptists will start human walls around the alcohol displays in stores. The possibilities for growth along those lines are impressive.

Or, if you disagree with a law you could use the process, vote, encourage candidates who agree with you and--this is the hard part-- if enough people aren't convinced live with the process the way everyone with a legitimate or less so gripe has to in order to maintain a government of law in which we all get a chance to be happy and uncomfortable.

Or we could move, I suppose.

yeah, i posted that before i heard more about her. but no, they better stay away from the beer.

i applaud a legitimate stand for honorable beliefs. if this was, then we wouldn't hear about. i pictured this going on for months maybe longer: gay couples coming in and being denied, then they spread the news and folks start coming from long distances for spite, when they could get married even closer to home; going to Kim just because. spite IMO is a huge motivating factor for many people, gay or straight, but gays can take it to a torturous level - hellspite (i just named it)

anyway, i know very few details about the case, she's NOT a hero after all (i change my mind a lot). first responders, nurses and doctors, military and good parents and good hard working people are the heros. heck, you ARE one Town ! - :patrol:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
yeah, i posted that before i heard more about her. but no, they better stay away from the beer. i applaud a legitimate stand for honorable beliefs.
I'd have been impressed by her stepping down over her beliefs, thanking the good people of Kentucky for allowing her to serve them and making a statement about the foundation of government resting on moral principles that, once compromised, invite ruin. But when she took her office she related understanding the day might come when it would require her to hand out these documents and her agreement to perform her office was made with that understanding. So she should do her job or vacate it. But obstructing the court she is an officer of? That's making other people pay for her exercise of conscience, which is rather her meat. Or was until it caught up with her. A needless circus and the S.Ct. has already denied her appeal, I believe.

The good news is it should get her a significant rep bump here, to get back on track. Someone should invite her to join.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You have a peculiar definition of the word if what follows strikes you as vilification. And in any event, don't we already have several threads on the topic?

What, is it impacting her rep?

She did see it coming though, made the choice when she decided to take over for her mother.

No, she's in jail for failing to do her job and obstructing justice. She isn't being asked to affirmatively break a single commandment.

I know your argument
you argue around the edges
and
because of that you are okay with voting for democrats even though they support abortion and want the government to pay for it
and
here is your reasoning

over forty years ago judges appointed by republicans made abortion legal
it is now the law of the land and you can't do anything about it
same sex marriage is also okay
but
you were okay with it before the judges made it okay for others
so
why should I even bother with you?
I will tell you why
I am using you to make my point

thanks for being there

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
when you put your kids to bed tonight
tell them not to worry kim is still in jail thank you
I'll probably add a bedtime story. Once upon a time there was a woman who was so morally opposed to a thing that she went to jail to let everyone know about it.

What was that? What was she opposed to? Why her signature being affixed to a piece of paper, apparently. Because without that she's a stamping machine. :rolleyes:

Safe from egotists and grandstanders? Not while Congress is in session.