Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

seehigh

Are you so cerebral and clinical that you cannot hear what even the writer of CREATION thought necessary to show about Darwin even though the drift of the movie was to salivate over evolution's success? Do you have no fellow-feeling? And so you have written off a number of things (as non-contributions) that the Christian worldview has given mankind over against the brutality of an animal worldview that you end up with in naturalistic uniformitarianism and Haeckl's proto-Nazi monism. Ahhh, there's the lizard in the room no one wants to talk about. And what's this? One of his disciples over in LA in 1910 with Ms. Sanger "contributing" genetic purging of the US population. But they were sure "accurate" as scientists!

Sorry, sir, but the doc THE PRIVILEGED PLANET "contributed" 20 reasons why it is so fantastic to see God's design on all levels from wavelengths to celestial mechanics.

In THE ABOLITION OF MAN, Lewis describes modern education's mission to completely rid mankind of any instinctive sense of morality by its pursuit of clinical "accuracy." It is hideous.
Translation????

6days

Thinking a little bit about the “bad design - inverted eye” issue. Two questions dealing with evolution come to mind.

1) The “design flaw” ....

Davis.... if what you thought was a design flaw...and used as evidence for evolution: then, if it could be shown that the design was actually "almost perfect" or "optimal".... Would that mean you then agree that good design is evidence against evolution?
Or, are you like Dawkins who argues that everything is evidence for evolution? IE Dawkins says good design and bad design are evidence of evolution.

6days

In this case we can easily tell by what I stated, i.e., that the evolutionary interpretation is the explanitory framework for all the life sciences, and has been for over a century, and produces actual useful results (e.g., the discernment of genetic function). Creationism OTOH hasn't contributed a single thing to science in at least a century.
So based on that, it's pretty obvious that the evolutionary interpretation of the data is immensely superior to the creationist interpretation.
Creationism and evolutionism are beliefs about the past. It could be argued that evolutionism has hindered the advancement of science by people dismissing body parts and DNA as biological remnants. (which science continues to prove false). But in any case, evolutionism certainly has not contributed to any technological advancements nor improvements in medicine. It could also be argued that evolutionism has actually lead to extreme suffering in this world, being a root cause of much race based slavery, genocides, the holocaust and the abortion industry.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I spent the better part of two decades making policy decisions based on science. I understand science and have relied on it, particularly biological science, well.

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously inaccurate. All I have to do is talk to the police and ask him about that.

If you're so hung up on historical records, let's talk about the most amazing thing that is discussed this far as the crucifixion is concerned.

Where is there extra biblical record of all the zombies wandering around in Jerusalem , supposedly seen by many. Where is that record? Where are the eyewitnesses?

Dear Seehigh,

From what I understand, they rose to Heaven after being roused from the grave. Just like during this next resurrection when Jesus Returns. It's a given. It's that simple.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's pretty simple. 6days insists that creationists and "evolutionists" look at the same data, but just interpret it differently. But I think we all agree that that by itself doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty sure no one would argue that all interpretations are equally valid. IOW, some interpretations are better than others. So how do we tell?

In this case we can easily tell by what I stated, i.e., that the evolutionary interpretation is the explanitory framework for all the life sciences, and has been for over a century, and produces actual useful results (e.g., the discernment of genetic function). Creationism OTOH hasn't contributed a single thing to science in at least a century.

So based on that, it's pretty obvious that the evolutionary interpretation of the data is immensely superior to the creationist interpretation.

That has no bearing on its accuracy.

The accuracy of a scientific explanation is independent of how distasteful it might be to a group of people.

Dear Jose Fly,

Like I said, it will be worth the wait when God proves what is true and what is not. Then what will you all do? Say I'm sorry and cry. That's what. You will all be blubbering and gnashing your teeth. I have a different interpretation than yours. So what else is new.

God Help You While There's Time,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thinking a little bit about the “bad design - inverted eye” issue. Two questions dealing with evolution come to mind.

1) The “design flaw” would presumably have occurred long before the species of homo sapiens was in existence. I would expect that other mammals that are recognized (by other evidence) as having a close evolutionary kinship to man would have the same bad eye design. Is this in fact seen?

2) Regarding how “superbly” the human eye seem to actually be designed (in the creationist’s view) – consider that the functional but “bad design” had embedded itself in the population, it was not going to be ripped out and easily replaced with a better design. However, wouldn’t evolutionary improvements that were compatible with the “bad design” be expected to be favored by natural selection? So that Dawkins’ “bad design” is in evidence, but superimposed on it are evolutionary-driven changes that made it much better – what the creationists see as the neato design of the eye?

Dear DavisBJ,

The design of our eyes are what God would have us. He decided on that feature, quite possibly to catch your enemy while you are in his blind spot. When you are full of the spirit of the Lord, you can easily sense if someone is behind you or not. I've been there to the utmost degree. I'm very pleased with my vision!! If it involves turning my head or body some, it's still quite marvelous!!

Look how God let a simple flaw cause David to slay Goliath, when there seemed to be no other way. It was with Goliath's weak spot, man's temple. If God had not made that possible, Goliath would have trampled the Israelites.

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear DavisBJ,

Hi! I hope I didn't sound like I was being reprimanding towards you in my last post. I didn't mean it all that way. Sometimes I don't phrase things in the best way. I apologize. I deleted some of it. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm very sorry!! Best Regards,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Interplanner,

Thanks so very much for your post here today. I'm writing to you about THE PRIVILEGED PLANET, and CREATION, and THE ABOLITION OF MAN. I found the link for it on Page 837, Post #12541. Could you point me and some others here in the right direction as far as what CREATION and THE ABOLITION OF MAN are? Are they chapters in the book. Any help would be appreciated.

May God Bless Your Heart Always,

Michael

DavisBJ

Dear DavisBJ,

Hi! I hope I didn't sound like I was being reprimanding towards you in my last post. I didn't mean it all that way. Sometimes I don't phrase things in the best way. I apologize. I deleted some of it. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm very sorry!! Best Regards,

Michael
You wanna know when I really pay close attention to your posts, Michael? It’s when you are giving lessons on what wine goes with what cheese, or how to fix something scrumptious.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear seehigh,

Re you post #12602, go find out about the link for THE PRIVILEGED PLANET, etc. on Page 837; Post #12541. That's the best I can do for you. Perhaps Interplanner or Alwight can help you some.

Buena suerte!! {Good Luck}

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You wanna know when I really pay close attention to your posts, Michael? It’s when you are giving lessons on what wine goes with what cheese, or how to fix something scrumptious.

Dear DavisBJ,

Oh, you are too kind to me, brother. Thanks for forgiving me. Sometimes the bad, sarcastic part of me rears it's ugly head and I don't like it at all, but I don't realize it unless I read it back to myself. You're a dear heart!! I made some Beef Stroganoff with white wine a couple days ago. I know I usually make it with sherry, but I wanted something less pungent. It is gone, as of earlier today. Delicious!! You're the best!!

Many Blessings!!

Michael

:doh: :idea: :readthis:

Interplanner

Dear Interplanner,

Thanks so very much for your post here today. I'm writing to you about THE PRIVILEGED PLANET, and CREATION, and THE ABOLITION OF MAN. I found the link for it on Page 837, Post #12541. Could you point me and some others here in the right direction as far as what CREATION and THE ABOLITION OF MAN are? Are they chapters in the book. Any help would be appreciated.

May God Bless Your Heart Always,

Michael

Gonzalez and Richards(?). THE PRIVILEGED PLANET documentary on about 20 breath-taking natural phenonmenon which are 'Goldilocks' for human existence. Miniscule adjustments in these--wavelengths, gravity, celestial mechanics--would be disaster. These astrophysicists became believers while doing research on the 1996 solar eclipse observed in India.

C.S. Lewis. THE ABOLITION OF MAN. How education developes man's sense of morality. (Or doesn't!) It is a critique of the paranoid avoidance of instinct and intuition about morality in modern education in favor of the morally-barren "accuracy" "objectivity" "facts" etc. It includes an appendix of literary examples from all cultures and eras that validate the 10 commands as utterly sensible.

On "Creation" there are three possible references:
CREATION, movie. The domestic life of Darwin shows huge misgivings about going public with evolutionary thought when he met Huxley who pushed him to do it. Evolution is Huxley's 'creation.'

Waltke. CREATION AND CHAOS. A short treatment of how Gen 1 relates to nearby cosmology in Egypt, Persia, Sanskrit. All of which have a pre-existing chaos that must be straightened up by a creator God, although sometimes a mortal king took credit for it. Hebrew professor at Regent College, Vancouver.

Ross. CREATION AND TIME. A UCLA astrophysicist at the time, Ross synchronizes and integrates Biblical creation (Gen 1) as a later stage, while the heavens and an object called earth existed before Gen 1 as results of the Big Bang. Ross believes that there is an abrupt change less than 50K ago which results in man as we now know him (tools, art, history appear suddenly and completely) which is what the 6 days of Genesis 1 are about, written from the point of view of the surface of earth.

Interplanner

Translation????

One thing at a time. How about you watch the movie CREATION and get back to me. Darwin had huge misgivings about going public with evolutionary thought when he was being pushed about it by Huxley.

My complaint to JoseFly is an extremely limited and dehumanizing definition of "contribution." Do we really want to "contribute" 'young Germans' like Haeckl or the Nazi party generally to the world? They are the logical "contribution" of purely secular, naturalistic uniformitarian thought. No thanks. Listen to Mrs. Darwin.

Dominic4

BANNED
Banned
One thing at a time. How about you watch the movie CREATION and get back to me. Darwin had huge misgivings about going public with evolutionary thought when he was being pushed about it by Huxley.

My complaint to JoseFly is an extremely limited and dehumanizing definition of "contribution." Do we really want to "contribute" 'young Germans' like Haeckl or the Nazi party generally to the world? They are the logical "contribution" of purely secular, naturalistic uniformitarian thought. No thanks. Listen to Mrs. Darwin.

I agree with your premise. However it's worth mentioning that Mrs. Darwin contributed far less to society than Charles did. Just saying

6days

Interplanner said:
Ross. CREATION AND TIME. A UCLA astrophysicist at the time, Ross synchronizes and integrates Biblical creation Gen1,
Ross distorts and rejects scripture.

Interplanner said:
while the heavens and an object called earth existed before Gen 1 as results of the Big Bang.
The big bang model has earth as a hot molten blob.
God's Word tells us earth started as water.*

Interplanner said:
*Ross believes that there is an abrupt change less than 50K ago which results in man as we now know him.
God tells us He formed man from the dust...woman from man's rib...and that about 4000 years lapsed between first Adam and Last Adam.*

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
8 Amazing Artifacts

1. Seals Of Jeremiah
The Institute of Archaeology, The Hebrew University.

A couple of clay bullae (seal impressions) were discovered by archaeologist Eilat Mazar. While on an excavation of City of David, Jerusalem, she came across seals that beared the names of two royal ministers mentioned in the Bible’s story of Jeremiah, prophet of the Old Testament.

2. Ten Commandments Dead Sea Scrolls
Photo: Dan Balilty/AP.

The Ten Commandments Dead Sea Scroll is up for display at the Israel Museum, Jerusalem.
3. The Tel Dan Inscription
Photo: The Israel Museum, Jerusalem/Israel Antiquities Authority (photograph by Meidad Suchowolski).

Photo: The Israel Museum, Jerusalem/Israel Antiquities Authority (photograph by Meidad Suchowolski).

The fragmented inscriptions prove that King David from the Bible was a genuine historical figure. It told of battles between the kings of Israel.
4. The Shema’ Yisrael
Biblical Archaeology Review

This Jewish amulet discovered near Carnuntum is one of the earliest monotheistic readings of Deuteronomy. It is known to hold the writing known as Shema’ Yisrael, which is one of Israel’s holiest confession meaning “Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one”.
5. St. Sabas Seal
Clara Amit, courtesy of the Israel Antiquities Authority.

A discovery of a double-faced lead seal proves the authenticity of Saint Sabas. The seal bears the monk’s signature. He is best remembered for his role in founding monasteries in the Judean Desert while Christianity was blossoming.
6.The Paleo-Hebrew Script
Sherd: Ouria Tadmor, courtesy of Eilat Mazar. Drawing: Ada Yardeni, courtesy of Eilat Mazar.

During excavations at the Temple Mount, Eilat Mazar discovered a lettered inscription while on an excavation at the Temple Mount. It featured today’s earliest alphabet ever found in Jerusalem.
7. James’s Bone Box
NY Daily News, courtesy of Oded Golan.

The box is a genuine artifact and from the period when Jesus lived. The inscription reads: “brother of Jesus.”
8. Original Bible Manuscripts
Image: Tablet Mag

The Bible has a rich history; it was written over a span of 1500 years, by 40 authors. It is not a book of myth, its a factual news account that involved real places, real people. Historians and archaeologists have repeatedly confirmed its authenticity. The original manuscripts that made up the bible are known as the Dead Sea Scrolls. Between 1946 and 1956, The Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in a series of eleven caves around the site known as Wadi Qumran near the Dead Sea. Indeed, it has been the most important archaeological find of our time.

God Bless You ALL!!

Michael

P.S. The pictures I could not get to print.

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear seehigh,

I asked Alwight/Interplanner for a more cohesive understanding of THE PRIVILEGED PLANET for you. Wow, did we get some horrendous storms last night. Powerful winds tore the roof off of a house, LOTS of Strong Winds, lightning, rain and thunder, voices. Scary!!

Well, will get going!!

Michael

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Ross is a creationist. He's just not your precise version of creationist. If he rejects your particular interpretation of scripture, it's not rejecting God's word. Remember who you are and Who God is.

Interplanner

The big bang model has earth as a hot molten blob.
God's Word tells us earth started as water.*

God tells us He formed man from the dust...woman from man's rib...and that about 4000 years lapsed between first Adam and Last Adam.*

6days,
Yes, the earth started as watery, but as I've shown there is time in both Genesis and 2 Peter 3 before that. I'm not just referring to the 'section title' thing but to the existing light before the local sun.

Some things Ross "distorts" are simply knowledge that you don't have. Our goal should be the coordination or integration of knowledge. Not that the result is fusion (evolution = creation) but that there was sequence where one happened and then the other.

What exactly do you do with time or LY measurements that are not only huge but expanding? Or is it slowing now in latest study? Or slowing and contracting? That's sounding auspicious, isn't it?

Please try to get Dr. Schaeffer again in NO FINAL CONFLICT and even on a philosophical note in HE IS THERE AND HE IS NOT SILENT p17 etc. Or Lewis "Man or Rabbit?" or
"The Grand Miracle"
"The Laws of Nature"
"Religion and Science"
"Horrid Red Things"
"Dogma and the Universe" in GOD IN THE DOCK.

It can be very odd to have Christianity so dialed in to early modern science only to refuse to integrate it later on. Lewis very wisely, I think, did not castigate any new science that came along. Because scientists like Gonzales and Richards will come along and plaster the video screen with enough 000s to make you dizzy--showing the improbability of human life without a Designed Creation. Then, when God's creative work is proclaimed it does not sound like all you have to stand on is a few lines in Genesis that don't sound like they were written to be the go-to passage for NASA scientists anyway.

Interplanner

8 Amazing Artifacts
1. Seals Of Jeremiah
The Institute of Archaeology, The Hebrew University.

A couple of clay bullae (seal impressions) were discovered by archaeologist Eilat Mazar. While on an excavation of City of David, Jerusalem, she came across seals that beared the names of two royal ministers mentioned in the Bible’s story of Jeremiah, prophet of the Old Testament.

2. Ten Commandments Dead Sea Scrolls
Photo: Dan Balilty/AP.

The Ten Commandments Dead Sea Scroll is up for display at the Israel Museum, Jerusalem.
3. The Tel Dan Inscription

The fragmented inscriptions prove that King David from the Bible was a genuine historical figure. It told of battles between the kings of Israel.
4. The Shema’ Yisrael
Biblical Archaeology Review

This Jewish amulet discovered near Carnuntum is one of the earliest monotheistic readings of Deuteronomy. It is known to hold the writing known as Shema’ Yisrael, which is one of Israel’s holiest confession meaning “Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one”.
5. St. Sabas Seal
Clara Amit, courtesy of the Israel Antiquities Authority.

A discovery of a double-faced lead seal proves the authenticity of Saint Sabas. The seal bears the monk’s signature. He is best remembered for his role in founding monasteries in the Judean Desert while Christianity was blossoming.
6.The Paleo-Hebrew Script
Sherd: Ouria Tadmor, courtesy of Eilat Mazar. Drawing: Ada Yardeni, courtesy of Eilat Mazar.

During excavations at the Temple Mount, Eilat Mazar discovered a lettered inscription while on an excavation at the Temple Mount. It featured today’s earliest alphabet ever found in Jerusalem.
7. James’s Bone Box
NY Daily News, courtesy of Oded Golan.

The box is a genuine artifact and from the period when Jesus lived. The inscription reads: “brother of Jesus.”
8. Original Bible Manuscripts
Image: Tablet Mag

The Bible has a rich history; it was written over a span of 1500 years, by 40 authors. It is not a book of myth, its a factual news account that involved real places, real people. Historians and archaeologists have repeatedly confirmed its authenticity. The original manuscripts that made up the bible are known as the Dead Sea Scrolls. Between 1946 and 1956, The Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in a series of eleven caves around the site known as Wadi Qumran near the Dead Sea. Indeed, it has been the most important archaeological find of our time.

God Bless You ALL!!

Michael

P.S. The pictures I could not get to print.

Many eras of the Bible have varying levels of trails of evidence. No era has none at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.