Woman-Wives

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Uh huh ... because a beating didn't leave red marks, cuts or broken bones back then ...

I said
Didn't you learn anything in the bible about gross exaggerations. Now your going to bring in marks, cuts or broken bones in the mix.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I said
The problem with society today is everyone has their own definition for abusive. A man is raised to believe he is the one for the discipline. My dad used to really beat us kids when we messed up. My mother would get in the way and he would have to hit her. Then when he got to us he was twice as mad. She thought she was helping but she wasn't. She only made him twice as mad. We used to ask her to not but in. But her emotions always got in it. She thought she was helping us kids. But she was making it worse.

Now I see why you are so estranged to emotions. Your father was abusive to you and your mother. Now all these years later, you are defending his actions. This is identifying with the aggressor, and common among persons who were abused as children. You are emotionally estranged to your feelings because the pain you once felt is now repressed.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My neighbor friend's dad beat his kids on a regular bases and her one year is deaf because of his beating. And she does not think it is a big deal.

You see, they were non-Christian. And you talk like non-believer. Violent people are not of Jesus. Teaching kids should not be beating.

Jesus does not endorse violence.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Now I see why you are so estranged to emotions. Your father was abusive to you and your mother. Now all these years later, you are defending his actions. This is identifying with the aggressor, and common among persons who were abused as children. You are emotionally estranged to your feelings because the pain you once felt is now repressed.

I said
ROFLOL Thanks for the sycho babble. ONE MORE TIME I'M NOT DEFENDING HIM. I just said I understand him.

Matt 10:16
16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I want to thank all you women for coming on the thread. And don't take this the wrong way but none of you have the slightest clue as to what love really is. And your emotions have been flowing all day.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I said
ROFLOL From who a sycho babbler? lololo

Your writing does not make sense. It seems to me you copy Scripture to avoid having to write much? Did you ever finish high school?

Also note: I never said anything contrary to your 'women in their place' notion. Doing such would be akin to teaching Calculus to a student who never learned Algebra. There is nothing emotional in my response; you are emotionally reading this into my post. So much for you not having emotions; you have is disturbed emotions.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your writing does not make sense. It seems to me you copy Scripture to avoid having to write much? Did you ever finish high school?

Also note: I never said anything contrary to your 'women in their place' notion. Doing such would be akin to teaching Calculus to a student who never learned Algebra. There is nothing emotional in my response; you are emotionally reading this into my post. So much for you not having emotions; you have is disturbed emotions.

I said
Humor is not an emotion. Do you know the difference between emotions and affections?
I just barely got through high school. I think the only reason the passed me was nobody wanted me back in their class.
lololol I had one teacher that would bust me and this other kid before class for what we were going to do wrong later.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I want to thank all you women for coming on the thread. And don't take this the wrong way but none of you have the slightest clue as to what love really is. And your emotions have been flowing all day.

Violence is not love.

You don't know Jesus, friend.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Violence is not love.

You don't know Jesus, friend.

I said
Your right. But turning the other cheek to violence is love.

Matt 5:39-48
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
(NKJ)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind.

You are missing most important part; heart.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Your right. But turning the other cheek to violence is love.

No, it's not. What else can a child do BUT turn the other cheek to the violence of a parent who beats them?

For a mother to turn the other cheek to the violence towards her children is unloving towards her CHILDREN and herself.

There is no good reason for women to tolerate such abuse toward their child OR themselves.

IF a man walked up and punched you in the face, how would you respond? IF he punched your wife or children in the face, how would you respond?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said
again with the gross exaggerations. I'm not beating children, I'm not condoning it. I don't approve of it. what is with you girls.

You condoned your fathers' beating by saying he was just teaching. And God is giving him authority to do it.

Pride is not so good thing to have, squeaky.

You are rely on too much on Paul's harsh teachings.

It is plain legalism.

Legalism comes from heartless faith.