User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who won Battle Royale II?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knight

27 65.85%
  • Zakath

14 34.15%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: POST GAME SHOW - Battle Royale II

cirisme
    Eireann,

It has serious repercussions for any Christian who does not live Christlike. If there is absolute morality, then there are a whole bunch of people, not just us heathens, who need to really clean up their acts.
    !

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Eireann

It has serious repercussions for any Christian who does not live Christlike. If there is absolute morality, then there are a whole bunch of people, not just us heathens, who need to really clean up their acts.
    Assuming that Jesus is the standard for absolute morality, then any prinicple that Jesus followed, exampled, should be the same standard for His followers....

Therefore, if Jesus kept the Saturday Sabbath, then Sunday keeping has no place in Christianity......Correct?

That thought is a bit big to comprehend, Eireann....

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by cirisme

When it comes to someone's opinion, yes.

Your response was a poor attempt at condescension. What it did serve to do was show that you have no better argument.
    Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by admiral_d

Assuming that Jesus is the standard for absolute morality, then any prinicple that Jesus followed, exampled, should be the same standard for His followers....

Therefore, if Jesus kept the Saturday Sabbath, then Sunday keeping has no place in Christianity......Correct?
    Yup, unless someone can show that Jesus' Saturday and our Sunday are the same day and someone just mixed them up between then and now. That would have the Vatican working overtime, wouldn't it?
    Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Eireann

Yup, unless someone can show that Jesus' Saturday and our Sunday are the same day and someone just mixed them up between then and now. That would have the Vatican working overtime, wouldn't it?

I think that Goose, and Polycarp and Knight and Crisime and anyone else proclaiming that there is an absolute morality is gonna have a hard time proving that Sunday is the Sabbath......And still maintain that Jesus is God.....

So, for Seventh-day Adventists, there is an Absolute morality....

cirisme
    Your response was a poor attempt at condescension.

What it did serve to do was show that you have no better argument.
    Better arguement for what? You simply stated your opinion that Jesus would have to be God to be a moral standard with no proof for that, other than a few assertions. Am I supposed to argue that you don't believe that?

cirisme
    Am I supposed to argue that you don't believe that?
    Let me answer my own question. it is quite obvious, with comments like the following, that you more know more about me than I do...

So I guess you expect me to know more about you and what you believe than you know?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me answer my own question. it is quite obvious, with comments like the following, that you more know more about me than I do...

So I guess you expect me to know more about you and what you believe than you know?

I don't suppose that coming from me, telling you that you look pretty foolish with those comments, does it cirisme?

No, I suppose not....

cirisme
    As usual, admiral_d isn't making any sense.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better arguement for what? You simply stated your opinion that Jesus would have to be God to be a moral standard with no proof for that, other than a few assertions. Am I supposed to argue that you don't believe that?
    Well, either Jesus is God or he isn't. If God is the standard for absolute morality, and Jesus isn't God, then Jesus cannot be the standard for absolute morality -- he would simply be a standard for morality, not for "absolute" morality. If Jesus is not God, but both Jesus and God are standards for absolute morality, then it is not absolute. Absolute morality, by its very nature, could have one and only one standard. If there are two standards for absolute morality, as you seem to be suggesting, then that means the standard is different from one situation to the next, which makes it relative only.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cirisme:

quote:
    One doesn't need any special psychic insight or "discernment" to recognize condescension when it is apparent. The condescension in your post couldn't have possibly been more obvious if you had hung a neon sign above it that flashed, "Condescending post below!"

cirisme
    One doesn't need any special psychic insight or "discernment" to recognize condescension when it is apparent. The condescension in your post couldn't have possibly been more obvious if you had hung a neon sign above it that flashed, "Condescending post below!"
    You read way too much into things! I was merely indicating how irritating it is to hear the same thing over and over again.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You read way too much into things! I was merely indicating how irritating it is to hear the same thing over and over again.
    Well, can you imagine how irritating it is to hear over and over again, "Morality is absolute, you're absolutely wrong if you do this, you're going to burn in hell if you don't agree with me," when the speakers have not one shred of proof of any of those things?

cirisme
    Well, can you imagine how irritating it is to hear over and over again, "Morality is absolute, you're absolutely wrong if you do this, you're going to burn in hell if you don't agree with me," when the speakers have not one shred of proof of any of those things?
    Yes, now where did I say any of that?

PS:I don't believe in a literal fiery hell.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, now where did I say any of that?

PS:I don't believe in a literal fiery hell.
    The statement was made with general intent. I simply get sick and tired of absolutists constantly saying that what they believe is the only way to believe, yet when asked to provide proof they get indignant. Absolutists love to put what they believe forward as fact, but they get insulted when they are asked to actually support it as fact with proof or evidence. I find that common of Christians in general, not just absolutists. You all tend to get indignant when it is actually suggested that you should be able to provide some measure of proof for those things that you claim are absolutely so. If you know that a thing is they way you purport it to be, then you should be able to prove it, because knowing it means you have proof of it. Otherwise, all you have is faith and belief. But absolutists aren't satisfied to leave it at belief. They want us all to accept it as inviolable fact. Well ... where's the proof?

Thread Information