The New Rep System Is A Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJerusha

That's a great point.

Like I have said all along.... who cares what your rep score is? I use the rep system to give comments to posters that I don't want to post in the regular thread because it would just distract from the thread.

Which reminds me, thank you for the lovely rep comment you gave me. I was having a bad day and it helped a great deal! :)

IMJerusha

Well, once upon a time, without cadre or appeal, with goodwill from right and left, religious and non, the son of a door to door gravy salesman from Florida grew up in the midst of rep wars and rep famines, to be King for one, brief shining moment. (music swells)

Come here, my man. Tell me your name.
fool: It is fool, Milord.
Where is your home?
fool: I'm not going to tell you. You could be anyone.
Then listen to me, fool of who knows where. You will not fight in this rep battle, do you hear?
fool: (Disappointed') Yes, Milord.
You will run behind the lines and hide in your profile page till it is over. Then you will return to your home to grow old. Do you understand?
fool: Yes, Milord.
And for as long as you live you will remember what I, the King, tell you; and you will do as I command.
fool: (No longer disappointed") Yes, Milord.
Each evening from December to December
Before you drift to sleep, remember well,
Think back on all the posts where once you lingered, on TOL.
Ask ev'ry person if he's heard the story;
And tell it strong and clear as you can tell:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
in TOL.
TOL! TOL...
Now say it out with love and joy!
fool: (Bursting with it) TOL! TOL!
Yes, TOL, my boy . .
Now, run, Sir fool! Between the lines!
fool: (Radiantly) Yes, Milord. (He runs off...there's a sound of stumbling followed by a scream)
Run, Sir fool! Run boy! Through the lines! Mind the point.
PELLINORE: Who is that, TH?
Haven't a clue. Run boy! (another, more distant sound of falling, second scream)

Scene. [certain license taken for literary and educational purposes]

Hmm.....certain license? TOL isn't exactly Camelot, Town, though the remembrance of Richard Harris singing that put a smile on my face. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's a great point.

Like I have said all along.... who cares what your rep score is? I use the rep system to give comments to posters that I don't want to post in the regular thread because it would just distract from the thread.

Precisely. Post count is another thing I need not know about or see, and me adding a bunch of posts saying "repent you heathen" isn't need all through the thread.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, I don't think so. Wax on!

Once upon a time there was a floating head.
He was different than everyone else because, well, you know, all he had was a head.

One day, between classes at school, the head floated up to the most popular girl in school and asked, "Would you give me the honor of going to the prom with me?"

And she promptly responded, "Are you serious? ME, go to the prom with you? You are nothing but a head. Gross! Stay away from me!"

And the head floated on home with tears in his eyes.

While in bed that night, he prayed really hard, "Oh Lord, please, change me into anything but a head. Please, please, I don't care what it is as long as it's not a head. Anything would be better than this."

So the Lord granted his prayer and turned him into a nice, juicy, plump, floating orange.

The next day at school, the orange floats up to the most popular girl again, and asks, "Will you go to the prom with me now?"

And she responds, "Are you kidding me? Get away from me you freak, you creep me out!"
And she grabbed the floating orange out of the air and threw it down hard onto the pavement where she began stomping it into nothing but a slimy puddle of pulp bits.

The moral of the story is ....
Spoiler
Quit while you're a head.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Once upon a time there was a floating head.
He was different than everyone else because, well, you know, all he had was a head.

One day, between classes at school, the head floated up to the most popular girl in school and asked, "Would you give me the honor of going to the prom with me?"

And she promptly responded, "Are you serious? ME, go to the prom with you? You are nothing but a head. Gross! Stay away from me!"

And the head floated on home with tears in his eyes.

While in be that night, he prayed really hard, "Oh Lord, please, change me into anything but a head. Please,Please, I don't care what it is as long as it's not a head. Anything would be better than this."

So the Lord granted his prayer and turned him into a nice, juicy, plump, floating orange.

The next day at school, the orange floats up to the most popular girl again, and asks, "Will you go to the prom with me now?"

And she responds, "Are you kidding me? Get away from me you freak, you creep me out!"
And she grabbed the floating orange out of the air and threw it down hard onto the pavement where she began stomping it into nothing but a slimy puddle of pulp bits.

The moral of the story is ....
Spoiler
Quit while you're ahead.

papa tomato, mama tomato and baby tomato were walkin' down the street. baby tomato lagged behind and got smashed by a car.

mama tomato yelled KETCHUP

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Hope there is no hard feelings from my last involvement on your Reformed Theology forum, where I was banned. Sorry,...you have PM and Visitor messages turned off, so only have this space to share. Thanks for providing an alternative venue for us more eclectic ones ;)

you just labelled others as "more eclectic ones" ? don't put categories and your own perceptions or theology on me. i can't speak for anyone but me - :patrol:

Arthur Brain

Precisely. Post count is another thing I need not know about or see, and me adding a bunch of posts saying "repent you heathen" isn't need all through the thread.

Well, it isn't needed at all in point of fact but ho hum. This thread's gone about as far off the rails as an airborne Amtrak which isn't exactly surprising so probably just best to accept the blatant rigging and be done with it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well, it isn't needed at all in point of fact but ho hum. This thread's gone about as far off the rails as an airborne Amtrak which isn't exactly surprising so probably just best to accept the blatant rigging and be done with it.

it seems so. that was suggested 2 days ago but we keep coming back.
i usually read and post recent threads/posts, so if it's near the top i comment. successful thread and a little on subject sometimes. i love jokes, so. - OP

plus, i want to get to 2000 tonight - :popcorn:

Arthur Brain

it seems so. that was suggested 2 days ago but we keep coming back.
i usually read and post recent threads/posts, so if it's near the top i comment. successful thread and a little on subject sometimes. i love jokes, so. - OP

plus, i want to get to 2000 tonight - :popcorn:

Fair enough. I won't after this. I could care less about hitting a thousand points as the whole thing really is a joke.

fool

Hall of Fame

"America is like a cafeteria, you can have whatever you want but you have to pay for it".

If you want to run up a huge rep then go for it.
What are the rules again? 60 reps a day with three people before hitting the same person again?
So get three friends (or buy or rent three friends, or failing that make three sock accounts) and sit there and rep farm yerself to the top.

You get to rep each of your friends 20 times per day, and they are repping each other and you, so you're bringing in 60 a day as are they.

THEN

You could start a satellite rep farm of four more sock accounts and when you've maxed out your primary group move on to that group and have them rep each other until they have enough points to start hitting your primary.

THEN

Multiply your rep farms until you have 100 sock accounts and you're clicking 6,000 times a day with yourself as the top of a pyramid, like Amway.

The key is to buy all the socks monthly subscriptions so the management doesn't get suspicious.

Arthur Brain

"America is like a cafeteria, you can have whatever you want but you have to pay for it".

If you want to run up a huge rep then go for it.
What are the rules again? 60 reps a day with three people before hitting the same person again?
So get three friends (or buy or rent three friends, or failing that make three sock accounts) and sit there and rep farm yerself to the top.

You get to rep each of your friends 20 times per day, and they are repping each other and you, so you're bringing in 60 a day as are they.

THEN

You could start a satellite rep farm of four more sock accounts and when you've maxed out your primary group move on to that group and have them rep each other until they have enough points to start hitting your primary.

THEN

Multiply your rep farms until you have 100 sock accounts and you're clicking 6,000 times a day with yourself as the top of a pyramid, like Amway.

The key is to buy all the socks monthly subscriptions so the management doesn't get suspicious.

:think:

:shocked:

Well I'll be darned!

(that was a sock joke for anyone interested which by rights they shouldn't be...)

Status
Not open for further replies.