anticatholics: please list the "false doctrines of Catholicism"

lifeisgood

Now go ahead and quote the section of The Glories of Mary that states that "Jesus is not the Savior of the world." Don't forget to cite your internet source.

Well, if he said that she is the Savior of the world, and he did, then that automatically denies Jesus his position as Savior of the world.

In my book between pages 400-435. Have to read the pages to tell you exactly which page though.

"Oh how many, exclaims the Abbot of Celles, who merits to be condemned by the divine justice, are sved by the mercy of Mary [therefore, not sved by the mercy of Jesus]! for she is the treasure of God and the treasure of all graces; therefore it is that our salvation is in her hands [therefore, our salvation not in the hands of Jesus]. Let us always then have recourse to this mother of mercy, and confidently hope to be saved by means of her intercession [hope to be saved not by means of Jesus' intercession]; since she, as Bernardine de Bustis encourages us to believe, is our salvation, our life, our hope, our counsel, our refuge, our help.

Mary is that very throne of grace, says St. Antoninus, to which the apostle exhorts us to have recourse with confidence, that we may obtain the divine mercy, with all needed help for our salvation. To the throne of grace, that is, to Mary [To the throne of grace, that is, NOT to Jesus], as St. Antoninus remarks. Hence,Mary was called by St. Catherine of Sienna: The dispenser of divine mercy: ‘Administratrix misericordiae’" (The Glories of Mary, translated from the Italian of St. Alphonsus Liguori, Founder of the Congregation of the Holy Redeemer — New Edition 1852 — Copyright, 1888 by P.J. Kenedy).

StanJ

The Bible says:
Acts 4:12 (NIV)
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

The RCC says:
ARTICLE 1
THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM

1213 Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua), and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word."

Now who are we to believe and accept as proper instruction, the RCC or the Bible?

Cruciform

Well, if he said that she is the Savior of the world, and he did, then that automatically denies Jesus his position as Savior of the world.
There's your Non Sequitur Fallacy, since both can be said to be a "savior" in entirely different senses. Mary is not a "savior" in the same sense in which Jesus is our "Savior." Sorry for your confusion.

Regarding Mary's role in God's plan of salvation, see this and this.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

lifeisgood

There's your Non Sequitur Fallacy, since both can be said to be a "savior" in entirely different senses. Mary is not a "savior" in the same sense in which Jesus is our "Savior." Sorry for your confusion.

Regarding Mary's role in God's plan of salvation, see this and this.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

I guess you can have TWO saviors, Mary and the RCC.
Or maybe this and this.

I prefer to have ONLY Jesus Christ as my God, Lord, and Savior like the Bible says.

Cruciform

I guess you can have TWO saviors, Mary and the RCC.Or maybe this and this.I prefer to have ONLY Jesus Christ as my God, Lord, and Savior like the Bible says.
Given that you have provided no actual disproof of the information and sources I provided in Post #165 (sorry, but mere denial does not constitute an actual "argument"), my statements stand exactly as posted.

lifeisgood

Given that you have provided no actual disproof of the information and sources I provided in Post #165 (sorry, but mere denial does not constitute an actual "argument"), my statements stand exactly as posted.

Like I said, Cruciform, you can have TWO saviors.
I prefer to have only ONE.

lifeisgood

Already answered (Post #167).

I guess you did not read The Glories of Mary by St. Alphonsus Liguori Founder of the Congregation of the Holy Redeemer where he said that Mary is the Savior (Redeemer) of the world, the RCC approved it, and YOU say you have two Saviors.

I only have one single Savior --- Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 13:8 --- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

John 14:6 --- Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one [not even Mary] comes to the Father except through me."

Last edited:

republicanchick

I guess you can have TWO saviors, Mary and the RCC.
Or maybe this and this.

I prefer to have ONLY Jesus Christ as my God, Lord, and Savior like the Bible says.

it shows lackof integrity to speak on topics you know little to nothing about

the CatholicChurch does not teach worship of Mary and / or that she is a savior

Aimiel

Anti-Christians are so full of hatred for Christ and for His Body that you can feel it when you talk to them. Deeply disturbing. Every protestant Christian is anti-Catholic, simply because Catholicism is idolatry.

HisServant

Anti-Christians are so full of hatred for Christ and for His Body that you can feel it when you talk to them. Deeply disturbing. Every protestant Christian is anti-Catholic, simply because Catholicism is idolatry.

For me, its because it simply has never exhibited the type of leadership that Christ called the Apostles and disciples to model.

They lorded their authority so much over the masses that it became the maker of kings and queens and ordered the death of many it considered heretics.

Where is the servant leadership?.. where is the command not to lord your authority over others? where is the call to be a peace maker and be at peace with everyone if it is within your power.

Even to today, it still misses out on modeling some of Christ's most important teachings.

Aimiel

Where they miss out is the most important part of Christianity: soul-winning. I've had so many people tell me that they aren't wanting to become Christian because they think of Christians as idolaters, due to the actions of the Catholic laity, bowing to statues, leaving flowers or other gifts at the feet of statues, etc..

Cruciform

Where they miss out is the most important part of Christianity:soul-winning.I've had so many people tell me that they aren't wanting to become Christian because they think of Christians as idolaters, due to the actions of the Catholic laity, bowing to statues, leaving flowers or other gifts at the feet of statues, etc..
Still waiting for the information requested in Post #176 above.