BEL: Pastor Qualifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

Knight,

I didn't see the your link at first. You know what I'm going to do on AOL? I am going to include that on my profile with a link if I can figure out the code and let them folks see it.

God Bless,
DRBrumley

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by drbrumley
Knight,

I didn't see the your link at first. You know what I'm going to do on AOL? I am going to include that on my profile with a link if I can figure out the code and let them folks see it.

God Bless,
DRBrumley
So how did YOUR pastor fair?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I only wish we had one to rate. We're looking but it's so hard!

Let me give you an example of one of the reasons we had to finally say "adios" to our last church. Our pastor had been counceling an individual who may have been a bit on the disturbed side. It was also known that he probably had a lot of guns in his home. One Sunday Morning he came in and sat down at the back of the church and gave one of the ushers a note. I can't remember the exact words but it was along the lines of "God has told me that he is going to do something. Get your people ready". The usher immediately got with some of the deacons and they took action that they thought appropriate. I have a few problems with the way they handles the situation but for the most part it went ok. After this my husband did not want me or my children to go to church the following Sunday. So we stayed while he went. A few other men of the church felt the same way and their families stayed home also. This was also to be a time that our pastor was going to address this situation. He didn't want to but because so many people had found out about it he had to. (this is the way he looked at it) Bottom line is he made mention while addressing the church on this that he realized that some families stayed at home. He commented that he thought this was silly. He made those men who wanted to come alone and keep their families at home due to a possible mad man at large maybe carrying a gun into the church, feel as if they were going overboard. My husband later confronted him over this. He replied that if this was the attitude my husband had then he'd better stay home all the time and never leave his house. This was not a fair comment as any 6 year old could even tell you. If I heard there was a possibility that a crazed person with a gun was going to show up at my local grocery store I wouldn't go there either. After it was all said and done we realized that he was more concerned over making the wierdo out to have done nothing wrong and those that were taking steps they thought were biblical out to be the wierdos. I think he was way too worried about people leaving the church. This was finally the last straw of several things that just weren't right. Funny thing is, we didn't leave over the situation with the guy with the gun (come to find out he didn't have a gun on him but there was one in his truck and many the police discovered in his home), we left over how the situation was handled.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm dying here!!! I haven't laughed this hard in a while!

Bob's killing me talking about male stewardesses (stewards?) about them having to touch your hand. And Bob trying to speak like one of them...too funny!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Polycarpadvo
I'm dying here!!! I haven't laughed this hard in a while!

Bob's killing me talking about male stewardesses (stewards?) about them having to touch your hand. And Bob trying to speak like one of them...too funny!!
Yea... that was some classic Bob ramblings.

firechyld

Re: Pastor Qualifications!

I do like the Pastor Qualification list.

Click here to see the LIST!.

God Bless,
DRBrumley

I, meanwhile, am mildly disturbed by it. But then, I would be...

ddevonb

I find it kind of disturbing that so many churches are without pastors... and there's a mindset that we will find one "out there somewhere".
The local church should be "pastor in training" school. If there is no one in your church is prepared to be pastor... your previous leadership was not doing it's job to prepare men for that role.

Ephesians 4

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,

Equipping of the saints for the work of ministry is one of the foundational roles of leadership. If that's not happening the church is dysfunctional.

We have somehow come to believe that it is someone else's job to train our pastors...just like we think it is someone else's job to educate our children.

Last edited:

Mara

3 legged race champion
I doubt it was meant this way. . . but by reading the list, one has to ask: Is it okay for a pastor to NOT be joyful if he is married?

:eek:

TheFlame

I do like the Pastor Qualification list.

Click here to see the LIST!.

God Bless,
DRBrumley

The first qualification should be is he led by the Holy Spirit? That is the most important one.

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
???Where'd the show go???
:confused:
I haven't heard every show yet, so if anyone knows where this show is, please let me know.

What about the show that was mentioned to happen "If all goes according to plans" in about the middle of the show?

Bob Enyart said that the NEXT show was going to have a Retired Republican conservative congressman from OK., and then on the second half hour, he was going to take on a woman author who wrote the book, "the true story of Jesus."

???Where's that show???

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.