Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Ant

Firstly, is there anything good about being homophobic? Is there anything good in condemning and alienating homosexuals? I'm not condoning homosexuality, which the Bible clearly says is wrong, but condemning and disassociating people is something the Bible speaks against. I think if Jesus were alive today, he would not identify himself as a homophobe, that he would be considered a friend of homosexuals.

On Bob Enyart Live, 3 Jan 2003, Bob calls "homos" "gutter-slime". Perhaps it is okay to call homosexuals perverts, keeping in mind that we are all guilty of perversion, but "gutter-slime"??

I find this attitude to be unChristian, offensive and even disgusting.

Does Bob have any defence?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

Originally posted by .Ant
Call him up on his show and ask him.

PureX

Perhaps Bob is trying to repress his own homosexual tendancies by playing the "super-hetero". It certainly wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Firstly, is there anything good about being homophobic? Is there anything good in condemning and alienating homosexuals? I'm not condoning homosexuality, which the Bible clearly says is wrong, but condemning and disassociating people is something the Bible speaks against. I think if Jesus were alive today, he would not identify himself as a homophobe, that he would be considered a friend of homosexuals.

On Bob Enyart Live, 3 Jan 2003, Bob calls "homos" "gutter-slime". Perhaps it is okay to call homosexuals perverts, keeping in mind that we are all guilty of perversion, but "gutter-slime"??

Huh????

What Bible are you reading????

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Bob calls "homos" "gutter-slime". Perhaps it is okay to call homosexuals perverts, keeping in mind that we are all guilty of perversion, but "gutter-slime"??
Bob called homos gutter-slime? That Bob! He's always too easy on the homos. :D

N

naima

The ONLY thing this web-site has offered me in a positive way is to perhaps make me realize that, as Christians, we should never be lukewarm in our daily walk with the Lord.

The core of Enyart disciples on board here call many posters "nicer than God" yet never taking a step back and realizing they are often "meaner than God".

.Ant, one thing we can be thankful for is this Enyart brand of Christianity that he, and others, serve up is few and far between and, save a web site, occasional late night broadcast, or obscure publication that may crop up, will forever remain a small minority; the anger in many posts here may well be the result of their knowing this to be true.

PureX

naima,

Unfortunately, it's not that small of a "minority". I'm thinking about folks like Pat Roberson, and Jerry Falwell, and all Christians that support them, and which they represent. They are forever pointing fingers at the "liberal, homosexual, secular humanist" boogey man as the reason for all man's ills, including even the attack on 9/11. When in reality their own toxic and irrational religious dogmas have more in common with Bin Laden's violent fundamentalism than anyone cares to admit. Bin Laden attacked the World Trade Centers as symbols of secular humanism for many of the same reasons Falwell and Robertson used as blame the attack. The only difference really, is in the level of viciousness.

Freak

Originally posted by PureX
Perhaps Bob is trying to repress his own homosexual tendancies by playing the "super-hetero". It certainly wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Are you homosexual?

Homsexuals are loved by Jesus Christ but they will go to eternal hell if they reject Christ.

.Ant

Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

Originally posted by Polycarpadvo
Bob called homos gutter-slime? That Bob! He's always too easy on the homos. :D
Hopefully you were being sarcastic. I don't know you well enough to tell.

If not - that's not funny. You're a sinner as much as any homo, shall we start insulting you?

.Ant

Homophobes Anonymous

Homophobes Anonymous

Originally posted by Jefferson
Call him up on his show and ask him.
I live in New Zealand. Toll call + different time zone = not worth it.
Originally posted by Knight
Huh????

What Bible are you reading????
Every Bible I know of says "Love your neighbour as yourself." Jesus also said "Again, anyone who says to his brother, `Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, `You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." Calling someone "gutter-slime" is on this level. It is in no way useful to insult someone like that, and I can't see how it can possibly be loving.

Did Jesus hang out with prostitutes and tax collectors? Yes. Did they count him among their friends? Yes. Did he condone prostitution and extortion? No.
Originally posted by PureX
naima,

Unfortunately, it's not that small of a "minority". I'm thinking about folks like Pat Roberson, and Jerry Falwell, and all Christians that support them, and which they represent.
You're right. It's Christians like these who give the whole of Christianity a bad name. Their stance seems closer to that of the Pharisees than that of Jesus.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Firstly, is there anything good about being homophobic?
It makes it less likey that you will contract AIDS.

Is there anything good in condemning and alienating homosexuals?
Yes. Many homosexuals aren't ashamed of their behavior like they should be. Social ostracism can help them decide to repent.

I'm not condoning homosexuality, which the Bible clearly says is wrong, but condemning and disassociating people is something the Bible speaks against.
  • Titus 3:10 - "After the first and second warning, reject a man of heresy."
  • I Corinthians 5:11 - "But now I have written to you not to associate intimately, if any man called a brother and is either a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one not to eat.
  • I Corinthians 5:13 - "But God judges those who are outside. Therefore put out from you the evil one."
I think if Jesus were alive today, he would not identify himself as a homophobe, that he would be considered a friend of homosexuals.
There were homosexuals in Jesus' day. Where are the verses that show he befriended them?

What's wrong with "gutter-slime?" The Bible calls them a much worse term. It calls them "reprobates." Besides, is it possible to insult a homosexual worse than they insult themselves by their lifestyle?

.Ant

Judgment of persons is God's job, not ours.

Judgment of persons is God's job, not ours.

Originally posted by .AntIs there anything good in condemning and alienating homosexuals?
Yes. Many homosexuals aren't ashamed of their behavior like they should be. Social ostracism can help them decide to repent.
Out of context, that is true. But in today's world, in our culture, I don't think it does much good. The majority of society supports them. So you're right, there is some value in a degree of alienation. But I think condemnation of other people is something God speaks against. (In other words, I've softened my original statement).

Don't get me wrong - I am all for condemnation and alienation of homosexuality. But not of homosexuals. The same principle goes for any sin.
  • Titus 3:10 - "After the first and second warning, reject a man of heresy."
  • I Corinthians 5:11 - "But now I have written to you not to associate intimately, if any man called a brother and is either a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one not to eat.
  • I Corinthians 5:13 - "But God judges those who are outside. Therefore put out from you the evil one."
Jesus associated intimately with people others, at least, considered to be fornicators and extortioners. It was a point of pride for the Pharisees to point this out.

Should we condemn and alienate people because they are in sin and bad habits? Should we condemn and alienate say, people who smoke? How about people who ignore God?

There were homosexuals in Jesus' day. Where are the verses that show he befriended them?
I don't think homosexuality is mentioned in the gospels. But the principle that applies to fornicators and extortioners applies to them.

What's wrong with "gutter-slime?" The Bible calls them a much worse term. It calls them "reprobates." Besides, is it possible to insult a homosexual worse than they insult themselves by their lifestyle?
Maybe, but should I call you "gutter-slime" if you lie? Should I label you "gutter-slime" because you have a habit of being rude to people?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
I think, after reading some of his materials, that Bob's "homophobia" is merely a "schtick"; his showbiz gimmick. He can't abandon it until he finds something just as guarranteed to get the public's interest.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

that's not funny.
Says you.
You're a sinner as much as any homo, shall we start insulting you?
If I ever become a homo...(can't believe I just said that) or take pride in any kind of blatent sin, refusing to see that what I'm doing grieves God, therefore refusing to repent , I do hereby beg and plead that as many people as possible would ridicule me, make fun of me and mock me until they are blue in the face! Please make such a spectacle of my life that I become uncomfortable to live it in such arrogant sin.

.Ant

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

...or take pride in any kind of blatent sin...
And what about not-so-blatent sin? Sin that isn't obvious, that most others don't see? Such sin puts you under God's condemnation as much as homosexuality.

As I said above - how about smoking? Or a habit of being impolite?

4 A.M. Prayer

Originally posted by naima

.Ant, one thing we can be thankful for is this Enyart brand of Christianity that he, and others, serve up is few and far between and, save a web site, occasional late night broadcast, or obscure publication that may crop up, will forever remain a small minority; the anger in many posts here may well be the result of their knowing this to be true.

Just a bump here, in that none of the "core" posters here has responded to naima's comment.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

And what about not-so-blatent sin? Sin that isn't obvious, that most others don't see? Such sin puts you under God's condemnation as much as homosexuality.

As I said above - how about smoking? Or a habit of being impolite?
All sin puts you under God's condemnation if you are not repentant and admit to Him that you've done wrong. You need to get a clue here ant. We're not talking about those who used to homosexual and have given their lives over to Christ. As I said earlier, we are talking about those who are blatent homosexuals, proud of it, spit in the face of God and have no remorse.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by naima

Praise the Lord! And thanks for the compliment!

Matthew 7:13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

.Ant

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

All sin puts you under God's condemnation if you are not repentant and admit to Him that you've done wrong. You need to get a clue here ant. We're not talking about those who used to homosexual and have given their lives over to Christ. As I said earlier, we are talking about those who are blatent homosexuals, proud of it, spit in the face of God and have no remorse.
Well, you're the first person to say so.

But even so, before some kind Christian told us about Jesus, we were all enemies of God (Col 1:21). I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should speak the truth in love. Condemnation can be okay, if it is truly done in love. I don't think the kind of slander Bob indulges in is loving.

jhodgeiii

Very, VERY good response, Knight.

Surely, Christians like Naima, after reading Romans 1, would put the apostle Paul in the same group as you and me, Knight, so we're in good company.

Yes, we were all sinners, but how many of us went around proudly labeling ourselves as such? Surely, if there were people out there proudly calling themselves "adulterers" or "rapists" they would get the same treatment.

Please notice that when Bob speaks about the homosexuals in general, he mocks them. However, whenever he deals with individual, repentant homosexuals, he shows love and mercy. Bob rightfully mocks homosexuals to point them in the direction of repentance, not to make sport of it for his own edification.

Status
Not open for further replies.