80's heavy metal can be fatal...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As the lead singer is still jammin' the fireworks caught the stage on fire. Check out the bass player on the left, you can tell he knows something is wrong.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As the crowd screams "rock on dude" the blaze is now starting to engulf the building.... what song do you suppose they were playing?

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
I've been watching this all morning on Fox.... from the videos they're showing, it looks like the ceiling was extremely low to be doing something like that. They haven't said so far if they actually had a permit or not, but, *sniff* I smell a big time lawsuit coming on.
I also saw a quick interview with the lead singer, who was remorseful, but also shrugged his shoulders and said,"we've been doing this for 25 years..." and after I saw the video, I thought to myself, "Er... dude.... that ceiling looks mighty low, didja not think about something like that?" *shrugs* Then again, what do I know.

Last edited:

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
By the way.... most of you know that I love the '80s- I get pretty nostalgic about it, but I never really could get into Great White. I was never a big fan. What a tragedy.

Eireann

Wow, that's pretty bad. Some of these shows are so elaborate with pyrotechnics, that the fans probably didn't realize until too late that it wasn't part of the show.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Eireann
Wow, that's pretty bad. Some of these shows are so elaborate with pyrotechnics, that the fans probably didn't realize until too late that it wasn't part of the show.
I don't think this show was that elaborate. It looked more like a three dollar Chinese fountain.

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Eireann
Actually, you're right. Some people interviewed on tv said that they didn't realize until it was almost too late that it wasn't part of the show.

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Knight
I don't think this show was that elaborate. It looked more like a three dollar Chinese fountain.
LOL I agree, but if you've had a few beers in ya already (and possibly other stuff) it probably looks really cool.

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
Ew... it's not looking good on tv for Great White. The club owner is saying he never gave permission for them to do that, there was no permit, and the owner of The Stone Pony, another bar in New Jersey, just did an interview, saying that not too long ago, Great White did a show at his bar, used the pyrotechnics without telling him ahead of time. *sniff* Can you guys smell the lawsuit coming on?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by la rubia
Ew... it's not looking good on tv for Great White. The club owner is saying he never gave permission for them to do that, there was no permit, and the owner of The Stone Pony, another bar in New Jersey, just did an interview, saying that not too long ago, Great White did a show at his bar, used the pyrotechnics without telling him ahead of time. *sniff* Can you guys smell the lawsuit coming on?
Permit...? Permit.....? We dont need no stinking permit!

Not to mention.... chicks dig fireworks!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nagging question....

Nagging question....

The story states...
A nightclub erupted in a raging fire during a rock band's pyrotechnics display, killing at least 86 people and injuring more than 180 others as frantic mobs rushed to escape.
My nagging question is....

How did they find 266 people that liked Great White enough to come to the show in the first place? :confused: