Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4 A.M. Prayer

Re: Enyartanity

Re: Enyartanity

Originally posted by Knight
Praise the Lord! And thanks for the compliment!

Matthew 7:13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

It was either yourself, or Goose who, in responding to a similar accusation of the Enyart-ites several months ago said something to the effect of 'well, you'll see, we're on the move, and growing'!

You're neither; you couldn't think of a Scripture and verse at that time?

Narrow IS the gate my twentysomething impressionistic youngster, and it may not include myself if I don't get my head and heart on straight (even with the Lord's gift, I still doubt myself) and it also may well not include this Enyart-Fred Phelps-McBirney-post-modern "klanish", right wing hate mindset that you core folks so arrogantly trowel out that may well alienate those folks out there struggling with a committment to Christ.
:cry:
You can still judge righteously without your misguided hate. :up:

.Ant

Originally posted by jhodgeiii
Yes, we were all sinners, but how many of us went around proudly labeling ourselves as such? Surely, if there were people out there proudly calling themselves "adulterers" or "rapists" they would get the same treatment.
Good point. :up:

Originally posted by jhodgeiii
Please notice that when Bob speaks about the homosexuals in general, he mocks them. However, whenever he deals with individual, repentant homosexuals, he shows love and mercy. Bob rightfully mocks homosexuals to point them in the direction of repentance, not to make sport of it for his own edification.
That makes me feel better. One could be mistaken for feeling that he his making sport, though.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Enyartanity

Re: Re: Enyartanity

Originally posted by 4 A.M. Prayer

It was either yourself, or Goose who, in responding to a similar accusation of the Enyart-ites several months ago said something to the effect of 'well, you'll see, we're on the move, and growing'!

You're neither; you couldn't think of a Scripture and verse at that time?

Narrow IS the gate my twentysomething impressionistic youngster, and it may not include myself if I don't get my head and heart on straight (even with the Lord's gift, I still doubt myself) and it also may well not include this Enyart-Fred Phelps-McBirney-post-modern "klanish", right wing hate mindset that you core folks so arrogantly trowel out that may well alienate those folks out there struggling with a committment to Christ.
:cry:
You can still judge righteously without your misguided hate. :up:
I think your missing the point.

The point is....

When you present the truth - especially God's truth -, you will NOT be liked by the majority. Plain and simple!

Ask yourself... how did the apostles fair? Were they liked? Did they end up rich and well connected in the mainstream (of the day)?

NEXT...
What does the following verse mean to you?
1Timothy 5:20 Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear.

billwald

"Homophobic" is an example of do-gooders ruining and perverting a perfectly good and understandable - can't think of the word means d-dad attached to the end of a word. "-phobic" means "fear of" Do-gooders have perverted "fear of" into "distaste for." In a sense, it could be said that Christians fear homosexual activity in the same way they fear other sins.

.Ant

Homophobia is half-okay

Homophobia is half-okay

The Collins English Dictionary defines "homophobia" as
intense fear or hatred of homosexuals or homosexuality
I think most heterosexuals would fear homosexuality. But calling yourself a homophobic is dangerous, because many people will assume you mean you fear and/or hate homosexuals.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: Homophobia is half-okay

Re: Homophobia is half-okay

Originally posted by .Ant
I think most heterosexuals would fear homosexuality. But calling yourself a homophobic is dangerous, because many people will assume you mean you fear and/or hate homosexuals.
We do hate them because they are a blight on society. But we love them enough to tell them the vile truth about themselves so that they will ask God for forgiveness. This, of course, usually cause social ostracizm for us because our views on homosexuality are so politically incorrect. But we care more about saving the souls of homosexuals than we do our own comfort zones. Do you care about homosexuals that much?

JanowJ

Homophobia is Good and Healthy (and Biblical)

Homophobia is Good and Healthy (and Biblical)

Have we forgotten the verse:
Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18
Sexual sins are worse than others (our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit), perhaps only murder and blasphmey are worse. And in sexual matters, Homosexuality is worse than fornication (Romans 1), although all sexual sin is an abomination. (Stealing, although a sin, is never called an abomination). Homosexuals are disgusting perverts. If you don't believe it from Scripture, just take a moment to think about it medically of physically (just make sure you haven't eaten recently.)

.Ant

Re: Re: Homophobia is half-okay

Re: Re: Homophobia is half-okay

Originally posted by JanowJ
Homosexuals are disgusting perverts. If you don't believe it from Scripture, just take a moment to think about it medically of physically (just make sure you haven't eaten recently.)
You're right. They are. But we are all guilty of perversion. The only difference is that, as a follower of Jesus, I have been forgiven, whereas unbelievers are not.

Originally posted by Jefferson
We do hate them because they are a blight on society. But we love them enough to tell them the vile truth about themselves so that they will ask God for forgiveness. This, of course, usually cause social ostracizm for us because our views on homosexuality are so politically incorrect. But we care more about saving the souls of homosexuals than we do our own comfort zones. Do you care about homosexuals that much?
It sounds like you're saying that, overall, you hate them, but you love as much as you have to for their conversion.

I love homosexuals. I'm not afraid to associate with them. As you say, part of love is speaking the truth, so I will (sensitively and in good time) say what God thinks of their homosexuality. I hate and fear homosexuality, it is disgusting, but I do not fear and/or hate them.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Homophobia is half-okay

I hate and fear homosexuality, it is disgusting, but I do not fear and/or hate them.
  • 2 Chronicles 19:2 - "Should you help the ungodly and love those who hate Jehovah? And by this bring wrath on you from before Jehovah."
  • Psalm 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in Your sight. You hate all doers of iniquity.
  • Psalm 5:6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
  • Psalm 11:5 Jehovah tries the righteous; but His soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.
  • Psalm 139:21,22 O Jehovah, do I not hate those who hate You? And am I not grieved with those who rise up against You? I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.
  • Ecclesiastes 3:8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
  • Ezekiel 23:28 For so says the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will give you into the hand of those whom you hate, into the hand of whom your soul was alienated from them.
  • Hosea 9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal, for there I hated them. I will drive them out of My house for the wickedness of their doings. I will love them no more; all their rulers are revolters.
  • Zechariah 11:8 I also cut off three shepherds in one month. And My soul loathed them, and their soul also detested Me.
  • Leviticus 20:23 And you shall not walk in the ways of the nation which I cast out before you. For they committed all these things, and therefore I loathed them.
  • Proverbs 16-19 These six things the LORD hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among the brethren. (Notice the progression in this passage is from head to feet. He begins with the eyes (the proud look), then proceeds to the tongue, then to the hands, then to the heart, and then finally to the feet. In other words, God hates the sinner from head to feet. Again notice that God does not hate false witnessing, rather He hates the "false witness" himself. And notice that God does not hates discord, he hates the "one" who sows that discord.)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I love homosexuals. I'm not afraid to associate with them. As you say, part of love is speaking the truth, so I will (sensitively and in good time) say what God thinks of their homosexuality. I hate and fear homosexuality, it is disgusting, but I do not fear and/or hate them.
In good time?

What if its too late?

What if by your waiting for a "good time" your friend ends up going to hell?

True hate is when you are apathetic to your neighbors sin.
'You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. - Leviticus 19:17
God says....Open rebuke is better Than love carefully concealed. - Proverbs 27:5

.Ant

Thanks Knight

Thanks Knight

Originally posted by Jefferson
2 Chronicles 19:2 - "Should you help the ungodly and love those who hate Jehovah? And by this bring wrath on you from before Jehovah."
Psalm 139:21,22 O Jehovah, do I not hate those who hate You? And am I not grieved with those who rise up against You? I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.
etc..
Erm...
Jesus - "You have heard that it was said, `Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Also, Jefferson, see the verse from Leviticus Knight posted.

You're absolutely right, Knight. It's better to speak out that wait too long. I do have a tendency to do that. You have to balance, because speaking too early can be just as bad as waiting too long. And Proverbs 27:5 weighs on my heart.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
.Ant, I hope your getting the point. (I must admit.... it doesn't look like it)

Apathy isn't love.

Love, (true love) might look like harsh rebuke.

Love, never looks like apathy.

If we are to "abhor evil" which literally means "hate evil" I don't think that would mean showing approval through apathy of your neighbors sin.

.Ant

Knight, when I said "you're absolutely right", that's what I meant. As in I agree with everything you said. I would've thought my last post (among others) made it clear that I believe in speaking the truth in love, which can sound harsh.

And of course I don't believe in being apathetic in any way.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight, when I said "you're absolutely right", that's what I meant. As in I agree with everything you said. I would've thought my last post (among others) made it clear that I believe in speaking the truth in love, which can sound harsh.

And of course I don't believe in being apathetic in any way.
OK, great!:thumb:

.Ant

More annoying posts, spamming up a good thread

More annoying posts, spamming up a good thread

Pardon me, but some of those smilies didn't look very happy! :p

Lord Vader

Re:

Re:

Because to someone who is hetero, the very idea of two guys being warm for each others form is severely weird, traumatizing, even. The fact that some people could be born with their biology turned around such that they are genuinely attracted to the same gender is too much to take for someone like Bob (it's weird for me but facts are facts and reality is reality, however strange). A world where that can happen is just unacceptable to his way of thinking. He has a strong need to believe that the world doesn't really work that way, that nature wouldn't, couldn't just produce that kind of thing though no fault of the person being born that way. So he, and those with his kind of personality, latch on to the idea, the hope, that no one is ever born that way, that somehow they just go astray.

Think about that. Think about how you as a hetero could never ever ever think of the same gender the same way you think about da womahn. Could you, even through abuse, ever be capable of being comfortable, even in a dissociated sense, gettin' busy with another fellow. Yeeeesh. I doubt a hetero could just go astray because they were "rebelious". As much as Bob knows how gross it is he should realize that much; but it is his psychology that drives him to hang onto this explanation that people sin; they aren't born that way.

The so called Dr.Laura has dealth with this problem by refining her anti-homo stance. She accepts that they're born that way but that this is still not a reason to practice it just as some people are born with a sexual attraction only for children, yet they still shouldn't act on it realizing that it is wrong.

Bob can't accept a world where homos are produced by nature and I can't believe that someone as het. as I am could ever even pretend to be anything else, even with a gun to the head (someone else might because people are deathly afraid of death; hence religion, but I figure life is a temporal thing anyway in the sense that we know it, why should I compromise my values because someone has a gun to my head?).

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: More annoying posts, spamming up a good thread

Re: More annoying posts, spamming up a good thread

Pardon me, but some of those smilies didn't look very happy! :p
Look more closley....

If you read the smilies from left to right (we all should move to the right) you will see they go from sad to happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.