Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Stratnerd
Poly et al.,

Just out of curiousity: what do or what would you tell your child why they don't learn about evolution?
What makes you think I don't teach my children about evolution? We get a great deal of enjoyment out of it, actually. It's fun to study it and then discuss how absolutely desperate one has to be to believe it.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You think I'm not serious? I'm dead serious.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
how are nearly all scientists, including many Christian scientists, desparate?
You asked a question that was still in reference to homeschooling so I answered. I'm not interested in going on this tangent with you. Maybe another time, another place (another thread).

Stratnerd

But what you are telling your children is that scientists are desparate? That's your whole discussion on it?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But what you are telling your children is that scientists are desparate? That's your whole discussion on it?
No, I said we study it THEN we discuss how desperate one has to be to believe it. This comes as a result of studying it.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
The books we’ve used always present what I consider to be a fair representation of evolutionary theory (I was an evolutionist for most of my life.) Homeschool parents want their children to understand what the various theories entail, but they also want them to realize the limitations of those theories. That goes for creationism as well. In the words of Ken Ham, “Where you there?” We try to show our children that the creation model does a better job of explaining what we see in both the fossil record and the animal kingdom today.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree Becky. We've always thought it important to fairly explain ToE and the Creation Model. Most parents who homeschool make it a goal to teach their children to actually think for themselves rather than be told how and what to think. It is way more important to me that my children come to their own conclusion based on the evidence for both sides rather than me telling them to accept it because I say so.

Stratnerd

creation model does a better job of explaining what we see in both the fossil record and the animal kingdom today.

Becky and PC,

Please go to the science forums and discuss this....

I'd also like to hear why I and most scientists are desparate....

Flipper

I'm sure Polycarpadvo has a keen understanding of evolutionary biology, physics, and geology (not to mention the scientific method) and so would be happy to discuss these topics with you.

After all, she's a teacher.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stratnerd,
I've started a new thread "Stratnerd's request" to respond to this.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Flipper
After all, she's a teacher.
Ok there's no need for evil, ugly, wicked and nasty name calling!!:D