Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
PERTINENT QUOTES OF THE SHOW:

From an emailer's unprinted (ie. censored) letter to the editor of The Colorado Springs Gazette:

I just finished reading your article from May 25th, "Iraqi bloodshed booms during occupation." The article explains how horrible the death toll has been in Iraq during the past year. 5600 Iraqis have had violent deaths in Karkuk, Karbala and Tikrit. What I find interesting is that after looking up the populations and crime statistics, I found that Washington D.C. has a 33% higher rate of violent death than war-torn Iraq. Washington D.C. has been this way for years. Some could say that it is safer in Karkuk, Karbala and Tikrit than it is in Washington D.C. I have not seen any headlines recently about how dangerous Washington is.

Your article could have compared how the violent deaths in Iraq compared to other recent wars such as Bosnia. Instead it shows the bias of the author and your paper and should have been relegated to the editorial page.

From Bob Enyart:
Here's an email from an attorney, Bruce Short the Southern Baptist guy. He said O'Reily spent an entire hour of his Radio Factor saying that children should be taken out of public schools. So that Bill O'Reily, as liberal and godless as he is has more wisdom than the entire Southern Baptist Convention combined.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bill O'Reilly said that?! :noway:

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Even a liberal like O'Reilly got that one right. Now if only the christians would wake up.

Christine

What is O'Reilly's basis for having children taken out of schools? With his being a liberal, it surely wouldn't be the Bible as it is with the Southern Baptists.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Violent death? That's a pretty vague term...

What exactly does the unknown author mean by the term. Does that include murder, suicide, and automobile accidents?

According to the U.S. Department of Justic, in 2002, Washington DC had 262 murders and approximately 600,000 residents. That's 43.6 per 100,000...

Unfortunately for accuracy, the only group actually keeping statistics on murder in Baghdad is the U.S. Army, whose statistics only count "non-political murders". This interesting term means that they do not count any murder that can be traced to the U.S. occupation, attacks against any coalition held area, or against the government. (i.e. all the weekly car and truck bombings don't get included in the statistics...)

The annual murder rate, adjusted by the Army, is 6 per 100.000...

I'd suggest you talk to any American civilian you know who was stationed in Baghdad and see what their perception of the safety of the city was... you'll likely get an eye opening variation from the "official government version."

:think:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.