Scene from a homosexual "wedding"

GFR7

Mr. Deets said:
I think it's awesome that Adam and Steve or Jill and Jenn or whatever the names may be can finally take the first fresh breath of air they've taken and proclaim their love in public.
So unless the state gave them recognition, all their relating and "love" (which in the U.S. they were absolutely free to display publicly) was useless? :think: Gotcha. :mock:

Furthermore, I'm kind of bothered that my post about same sex marriage has you thinking about sex with a child. You may want to talk to a professional about that.
He meant that "love is love" is a smokescreen for "We can do anything with impunity".

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
So unless the state gave them recognition, all their relating and "love" (which in the U.S. they were absolutely free to display publicly) was useless? :think: Gotcha. :mock:

By all means, please show me where I said that. I'll be waiting.

He meant that "love is love" is a smokescreen for "We can do anything with impunity".

Please, do tell me how you know so much about the minds of these devious people...:plain:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
It's called logical inference. ;)
*see assumption/non sequitur. I'll still be waiting.

It was a hyperbolic analogy.
Of course! One must exaggerate to prove a point when on the wrong side of equality. I.E. 'If we let those blacks marry our white women, this whole country will go down the tubes' -Plenty of white Americans from the US's inception till... well...

In 50 years, the majority of humans will be just as disgusted with you and your lot as most sane people today are with the KKK and those who opposed integration through the civil rights movement. I'm happy to say I'll STILL be disgusted. :carryon:

Granite

Hall of Fame
The attitude a lot of homophobes have regarding same sex attraction and romance reminds me, oddly enough, of Screwtape's inability to sort out the "truth" behind the "Enemy's" notion of "love" in the same Letters.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
The attitude a lot of homophobes have regarding same sex attraction and romance reminds me, oddly enough, of Screwtape's inability to sort out the "truth" behind the "Enemy's" notion of "love" in the same Letters.

:rotfl:

GFR7

:think: ...................... :jawdrop:

Granite

Hall of Fame
"If only we knew what He was really up to!"

"He can't really love the vermin; it's impossible."

musterion

And he obviously did not like what they were doing with the symbolism.

No one today is "God's chosen" unless and until they are in Christ, whereupon all distinctions such as Jew and Gentile vanish (they already count for nothing).

Just replying cuz I saw you quoted the lie posted in Teteleftist's desperate cry for attention. :)

GFR7

No one today is "God's chosen" unless and until they are in Christ, whereupon all distinctions such as Jew and Gentile vanish (they already count for nothing).

Just replying cuz I saw you quoted the lie posted in Teteleftist's desperate cry for attention. :)
OK: As I understood you I did not think you would be one to ignore the vanishing of distinctions as set down by Paul in Galatians 3 ("neither Jew nor Gentile, slave or freeman, male or female....but all are one in Christ") but I wasn't sure how you viewed Israel or the Jews, so I said nothing on it. ;) Thanks for the clarification.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep.

But we all know that just because something is declared "legal" does not make it less shameful.

Pedophiles like to market the "love" word too.
And fornicators.
And adulterers.
And wife beaters.
etc.

musterion

OK: As I understood you I did not think you would be one to ignore the vanishing of distinctions as set down by Paul in Galatians 3 ("neither Jew nor Gentile, slave or freeman, male or female....but all are one in Christ") but I wasn't sure how you viewed Israel or the Jews, so I said nothing on it. ;) Thanks for the clarification.

No problem. You're correct that I do not ignore the vanishing of that distinction, and since you asked, I lean toward not thinking Israel as it currently exists can possibly be of God in its current unbelieving state -- speaking bluntly, they appear to have fallen even further from Him than they had under the Pharisees of Christ's time, imo.

That said, do I still believe God will have an actual nation Israel as Israel in the future, where present day Israel now sits? Yes I do.

Do I know exactly how He'll bring that about? Nope, nor do I need to know.

GFR7

No problem. You're correct that I do not ignore the vanishing of that distinction, and since you asked, I lean toward not thinking Israel as it currently exists can possibly be of God in its current unbelieving state -- speaking bluntly, they appear to have fallen even further from Him than they had under the Pharisees of Christ's time, imo.

That said, do I still believe God will have an actual nation Israel as Israel in the future, where present day Israel now sits? Yes I do.

Do I know exactly how He'll bring that about? Nope, nor do I need to know.
I am in full agreement with you on this. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yep.

But we all know that just because something is declared "legal" does not make it less shameful.

Pedophiles like to market the "love" word too.
And fornicators.
And adulterers.
And wife beaters.
etc.

Funny, I was thinking more like...Scientology.