UN passes unprecedented pro-family resolution, outraging radicals

Granite

Hall of Fame
GFR, look at the kind of countries you're rooting for, versus those opposed to this nonsense. That should tell you something.

Granite

Hall of Fame
“There is nothing indulgent about the Moral Law. It is as hard as nails” C. S. Lewis :AMR1:

"Some were all rules and relics and rosaries; others were all drab clothes, long faces, and petty traditional abstinences from wine or cards or the theatre. Both had in common their self-righteousness and an almost infinite distance between their actual outlook and anything the Enemy really is or commands. The wickedness of other religions was the really live doctrine in the religion of each; slander was its gospel and denigration its litany."

GFR7

GFR, look at the kind of countries you're rooting for, versus those opposed to this nonsense. That should tell you something.
Oh, believe me, I know how topsy-turvy it all is. But that speaks loudly of the decadence which has ruined the once great civilization. We have to go back to the mud, and begin anew.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Oh, believe me, I know how topsy-turvy it all is. But that speaks loudly of the decadence which has ruined the once great civilization. We have to go back to the mud, and begin anew.

You're siding with barbarism.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

calling for the protection of the family as a fundamental unit of society, recognizing the prior right of parents to educate their children, and calling on all nations to create family-sensitive policies and recognize their binding obligations under treaty to protect the family

what does that tell you?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Interesting development, indeed..... :think:

UN passes ‘unprecedented’ pro-heterosexual family resolution, outraging people who don't support the institutionalization of discriminatory practice
Fixed that for you.

Others outraged? People who understand the moral impact of having communist China, Russia and militant Islam as supporters.

Granite

Hall of Fame
calling for the protection of the family as a fundamental unit of society, recognizing the prior right of parents to educate their children, and calling on all nations to create family-sensitive policies and recognize their binding obligations under treaty to protect the family

what does that tell you?

There is no one single definition of what constitutes a "family." Which is why this resolution was opposed by a good chunk of the civilized world.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
So the godless United Nations will be denouncing the United States and this list of countries throughout the world that have enacted homosexual 'marriage' because it now stands for traditional family values?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage

Since traditional family values doesn't honor any kind of homosexual behavior, will the godless United Nations denounce any country that gives special rights to people who engage in homosexual behavior?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_r...y_or_territory

:idunno:

But what gets me is this statement in the piece, from the "progressives":

Quote:
Families perpetuate patriarchal oppression, traditions and harmful practices, and…human rights abuses do occur within families (i.e., marital rape, child abuse, FGM [female genital mutilation], early and forced marriage, dowry related violence, so-called ‘honour’ killings and other forms of domestic violence).”

You'll find that most if not all of those harmful practices come from Islamic countries, which I see voted overwhelmingly for the measure.

I'll talk a pass on what the UN defines as family, as it's obviously very different from what we as a Judeo-Christianized nation were once used to.

I'm disappointed that Life Site news fell for this one.

def7b359ae7f1250602264067245eab8.jpg

TracerBullet

Hmm, no, I don't think so. The UN General Assembly verifies that it has passed.
Didn't actually read about this before you started the OP did you?

it passed the human rights council committee without the inclusive amendment.

meaning that the Commissioner for Human Rights will draft a report on the status of the family and create a panel discussion on the topic for the September session of the Human Rights Council.

That's it.

TracerBullet

Yes people who defend and promote discrimination are trying their best to destroy our country and our society.

TracerBullet

what does that tell you?
But not all families.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Are you trolling, dim, or just nuts?
I sense a Poll of the Day in the making here. :thumb:

But seriously, or more so, why would anyone reading along that list of supporting nations be encouraged? And what's the point/where's the teeth/beef in it? What, exactly, is accomplished by it?

Granite

Hall of Fame

But seriously, or more so, why would anyone reading along that list of supporting nations be encouraged? And what's the point/where's the teeth/beef in it? What, exactly, is accomplished by it?

"Accomplishment" and "the UN" don't usually appear in the same sentence.

GFR7

Because, some people are so desperate to return to Sherwood Anderson's hellish America, they are willing to de-evolve to get there. :nono:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Since you're here TracerBullet, tell us about your family, i.e. the DNA makeup (gender) of the father figure, the mother figure, and if the children have the same DNA as both...ahem..."parents".

speaking of nutty trolls

Thank you for acknowledging (in so many words) that the new American family is....'different'.