Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

THall

Jesus told me you are a false teacher, so I do listen to Him.

Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

John 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

The only true God sent Jesus, NOT is Jesus. You are lost.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

The only true God sent Jesus, NOT is Jesus. You are lost.
John 10:37-38 Modern English Version (MEV)

37 If I am not doing the works of My Father, do not believe Me.
38 But if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Based on my study of the New Testament, I have come to conclude that Jesus did not see himself as divine. He once remarked "Why do you call me good? Only God is good."

And there are many other instances that show what Jesus thought his relationship to God meant.

But there are other valid traditions (such as the Gospel of John and found in other places) that Jesus was God and had, in fact, existed before the world was created.

Instead of trying to tie both traditions into a man-made "pretzel knot" I think believers need to get serious.

Because contradictory theologies and verses are actually IN the Bible, we need to face them honestly and take them seriously.

The text is a blend of remembered history, oral tradition, legend, myth and metaphor. And it was written by inspired men who wrote their accounts long after Jesus died.

...This is a disruptive point to most traditional believers. It may even strike many as blasphemous. I am only sharing some information, beliefs and opinions. I am not trying to make you wrong or assert that I know I am right.

I don't.

I want you to read my posts, or not. Make your own best choice and don't take my word (or anyone else's) for anything.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Based on my study of the New Testament, I have come to conclude that Jesus did not see himself as divine. He once remarked "Why do you call me good? Only God is good."

/QUOTE]

Jesus KNEW He was God in the flesh. He was merely telling this man, "Only God is good, " knowing all the time
who He was! So, of course Jesus was "good" BECAUSE, He was indeed, God in the flesh! The man in question
was unaware of who he was conversing with?

Last edited:

achduke

And there are many other instances that show what Jesus thought his relationship to God meant.

But there are other valid traditions (such as the Gospel of John and found in other places) that Jesus was God and had, in fact, existed before the world was created.

Instead of trying to tie both traditions into a man-made "pretzel knot" I think believers need to get serious.

Because contradictory theologies and verses are actually IN the Bible, we need to face them honestly and take them seriously.

The text is a blend of remembered history, oral tradition, legend, myth and metaphor. And it was written by inspired men who wrote their accounts long after Jesus died.

...This is a disruptive point to most traditional believers. It may even strike many as blasphemous. I am only sharing some information, beliefs and opinions. I am not trying to make you wrong or assert that I know I am right.

I don't.

I want you to read my posts, or not. Make your own best choice and don't take my word (or anyone else's) for anything.

I do not understand why people do believe Jesus himself and instead try to put God in a box by defining who God is or what he consists of. Did God not tell us he is spirit? Did Christ and the apostles not witness that Jesus is a man?

Jesus said he is a temple. Spirit dwells INSIDE of temple. We are temples. God said he would DWELLS with us. Man is meant to be the temple of God.

everready

Compare this:

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

With this:

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

everready

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Compare this:

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

With this:

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

everready

Good post

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I do not understand why people do believe Jesus himself and instead try to put God in a box by defining who God is or what he consists of. Did God not tell us he is spirit? Did Christ and the apostles not witness that Jesus is a man?

Jesus said he is a temple. Spirit dwells INSIDE of temple. We are temples. God said he would DWELLS with us. Man is meant to be the temple of God.

So, are you implying that Christ was a mere man?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

/QUOTE]

Jesus KNEW He was God in the flesh. He was merely telling this man, "Only God is good, " knowing all the time
who He was! So, of course Jesus was "good" BECAUSE, He was indeed, God in the flesh! The man in question
was unaware of who he was conversing with?
I totally agree with your theology. I just see it as one of many found in the pages of the Bible. Most believers do not want to be troubled by passages in the text that they don't agree with. I understand that.

Seeing the divine in another human being is one of the qualities of any of the world's faiths. In fact, in Jesus' day everyone knew that Caesar was Lord, divine, God, Savior of the World, etc. These phrases were stamped onto the coins and carved into the stone architecture.

So when Christians began applying those same exalted titles to Jesus, it was an act of high treason. Only when the church merged with the Roman Empire did this conflict fade.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I agree. We are finite and God is infinite. Jews did not utter the name of God because they knew he was beyond human language to describe. Case closed.

Since Jesus was not made out of stone and had a front entryway, I see these statements as faith claims and metaphors. They are not literally true but they point to a profound and fundamental truth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree. We are finite and God is infinite. Jews did not utter the name of God because they knew he was beyond human language to describe. Case closed.

Since Jesus was not made out of stone and had a front entryway, I see these statements as faith claims and metaphors. They are not literally true but they point to a profound and fundamental truth.

So, are you saying that Jesus and all other men are the same?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So, are you implying that Christ was a mere man?
To me being a Christian is seeing the ultimate disclosure of God in Jesus.

He was a man: statement of FACT
He was God, Son of God, Prince of Peace, Messiah, etc: statements of FAITH.

Christianity means to me the act of seeing God in one Jesus of Nazareth.