The Trump thing is downright WEIRD.. separating sheep & goats?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It's weird... rather a mystery, it seems... the way this Trump thing is going...

People are having weird reactions to waht Trump said about Mexico, about how they send their worst people (true), how Mexico is negligent in their duties to protect the border (true) and etc...

The Trump thing seems to be separating the sheep from the goats (as per Jesus's parable)

works for me anyway

Perry is out as far as being someone i would wholeheartedly endorse (as i once did) because he criticized Trump and didn't even allow for the ... HELLLLOOOOO!

TRUTH of what he said.. to be validated..

so... this is a good thing. Now i am not so overwhelmed trying to figure out who to vote for..

It's simple

This is how we all need to vote:

If a person slams Trump for his comments on Immigration, that person is OFF the list of whom to vote for.

so far, i see Cruz and Carson left on my list... and Santorum and a few others... Fiorina... We haven't heard (i haven't anyway) what THEY think, save Cruz and Carson... or at least i think i caught a snippet of Carson more/less defending Trump's comments...

we will see..

___
Your post concerns me.

Its message reminds me of a tyrannical dictatorship that cannot abide any challenges to its view of the world. Governments that are authoritarian and obedience-based don't like diversity and difference very much.

And for that matter, traditional Christians view any other scriptural-based traditions from their own faith as disruptive and blasphemous.

No wiggle room for the individual. No room for essential information.

It is worrisome.

republicanchick

The Catholic Church has been speaking about this for years actually.

Using the logic of supporting prosecution of illegals simply because it is law would also mean we need to support abortion and homosexual marriage as well.s.

this is NOT so

just b/c abortion is legal does not mean anyone has to have an abortion. It would be nice if people stopped comparing apples and... say... beef

but when an illegal crosses the border people ARE forced into... being victims of their crimes... forced into paying for all it takes to deal with them.. prisons... welfare...

That is force... How would u like someone breaking into your house and demanding you take care of him/her?

again, there are laws against them entering our country. If they want asylum, let them apply 4 it like everyone else, rather than crashing our gates illegally. That is

HELLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRIMINAL!

++

__

republicanchick

Your post concerns me.

Its message reminds me of a tyrannical dictatorship that cannot abide any challenges to its view of the world. Governments that are authoritarian and obedience-based don't like diversity and difference very much.

And for that matter, traditional Christians view any other scriptural-based traditions from their own faith as disruptive and blasphemous.

No wiggle room for the individual. No room for essential information.

It is worrisome.

i couldn't care less what worries you. A country without secure borders is no country at all.

you libs support lawlessness. That's you. Hope it works for you when you reach the pearly gates... wouldn't count on getting through though...

++

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
i couldn't care less what worries you. A country without secure borders is no country at all.
I guess we are different creatures when it comes to paying attention to others and changing our behavior. If someone tells me they have worries, I always try to address their worries first. I have always done that with family members, friends and--since by Christian beliefs have deepened over the past decade--I actually listen to the emotions of perfect strangers.

you libs support lawlessness. That's you. Hope it works for you when you reach the pearly gates... wouldn't count on getting through though...
My conservative and liberal friends have all acknowledged that every one of us is on the same page:

Strengthening our borders and making sure each immigrant is interested in becoming a good, law-abiding citizen. And we all favor some sort of path for legal citizenship. The only difference I have noticed is that some feel being a U.S. citizen means being able to vote.

Many conservatives do not actually want a democratic country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8

My post may come across as disruptive to you. Or even blasphemous. Some folks just cannot abide hearing (or reading) anything that they have never heard before.

Let's hope you click on these links. They lay bare the Right Wing conspiracy to limit the voting block to Republicans only.

republicanchick

I guess we are different creatures when it comes to paying attention to others and changing our behavior. If someone tells me they have worries, I always try to address their worries first. I have always done that with family members, friends and--since by Christian beliefs have deepened over the past decade--I actually listen to the emotions of perfect strangers.

My conservative and liberal friends have all acknowledged that every one of us is on the same page:

Strengthening our borders and making sure each immigrant is interested in becoming a good, law-abiding citizen. y.[/b]

well, i guess u are just better than me...

oh well...

next post?

+++

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
well, i guess u are just better than me...

oh well...

next post?

+++
Unfortunately you are proving my point that often conservatives fall back into being victimized or talked down to.

Why do you think that is?

What makes many conservatives put themselves down and believe they are being lectured or talked down to?

I have enough maturity under my belt to never assume I or anyone else is somehow "better" than me.

I wish folks like you would do the same. You are not being victimized.

But many like yourself feel that encountering new information is disruptive and even blasphemous. That is puzzling to me.

republicanchick

Unfortunately you are proving my point that often conservatives fall back into being victimized or talked down to.

Why do you think that is?

What makes many conservatives put themselves down and believe they are being lectured or talked down to?

I have enough maturity under my belt to never assume I or anyone else is somehow "better" than me.

I wish folks like you would do the same. You are not being victimized.

But many like yourself feel that encountering new information is disruptive and even blasphemous. That is puzzling to me.

you are such a dishonest person, telling me who i am when you don't know me from Adam... and you KNOW you don't, but that doesn't stop your malice...

apparently aren't very bright either... can't detect sarcasm...

I'm bored

++

++

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
you are such a dishonest person, telling me who i am when you don't know me from Adam... and you KNOW you don't, but that doesn't stop your malice...

apparently aren't very bright either... can't detect sarcasm...

I'm bored

++

++
Online communication is difficult, since neither party can see and evaluate voice tone, body language, skin color changes, etc.
Blaming this fact on others is both ignorant and immature, in my view.

There is no reason to put anyone here down or insult them or mock them.

Your own parents should have taught you to fully feel your emotions, name them and express them like any other adult would.

Most people that are insulted tend to push back and even insult folks like you in kind.

If you are interested in attacking and mocking others rather than some dialogue and problem-solving then keep having back at others.

But it only means you get further and further marginalized.

If my posts challenge you and disrupt your online life, just try to keep in mind that that is not my intention.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
don't flatter yourself

it exposes your arrogance

and ignorance

and a bunch of other stuff

I'm bored

+++
Most folks seem to be perfectly able to criticize others without giving in passively or fighting back aggressively. There is no reason in the world why we cannot give constructive criticism and remain standing up for our own values at the same time.

I am glad I love respectful criticism from others. It is one of the chief ways I can learn something new or be forced to challenge my own beliefs and thoughts.

This idea may sound disruptive to you and if it does, I am sorry. I wish you could be open enough to consider some better communication techniques like "I have trouble believing you" instead of saying "You are a liar!"

republicanchick

M
This idea may sound disruptive to you and if it does, I am sorry. I wish you could be open enough to consider some better communication techniques like "I have trouble believing you" instead of saying "You are a liar!"

how utterly IRONIC

I think i have said You are a liar on this forum maybe ONCE and that was a long time ago...

you imply i say it all the time... You say i have said it HERE at this post...

yes, that is very ironic....

But you know... i have better things to do... :wave:
+

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
how utterly IRONIC

I think i have said You are a liar on this forum maybe ONCE and that was a long time ago...

you imply i say it all the time... You say i have said it HERE at this post...

yes, that is very ironic....

But you know... i have better things to do... :wave:
+
If I did I apologize. It is not in my heart to put anyone's ideas in that category.

I do think you may be mistaken. If you EVER pick up malice or mockery in my posts, please cut and paste those parts that "made" you feel that way so we can go over them together.

However, I am always accountable for my own wrong-headedness, racism and hypocrisy.

You can help me out by quoting my exact words and posting them for me.

Sancocho

this is NOT so

just b/c abortion is legal does not mean anyone has to have an abortion. It would be nice if people stopped comparing apples and... say... beef

but when an illegal crosses the border people ARE forced into... being victims of their crimes... forced into paying for all it takes to deal with them.. prisons... welfare...

That is force... How would u like someone breaking into your house and demanding you take care of him/her?

again, there are laws against them entering our country. If they want asylum, let them apply 4 it like everyone else, rather than crashing our gates illegally. That is

HELLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRIMINAL!

++

__

You said we should follow laws not me.

There is certainly something relevant in the two issues because they are man made laws and thus not from God.

God is not pleased in the least bit that while Americans are complaining illegal alien criminals might kill one person at best a day the American government allows 3500 times as many childre to be killed in the same time period.

The atheists use misrepresentation of magnitude to muddy the issues. It is misleading and we should never need to use their tactic. God never needs to lie or deceive people to win any argument.

republicanchick

If I did I apologize. It is not in my heart to put anyone's ideas in that category.

I do think you may be mistaken. If you EVER pick up malice or mockery in my posts, please cut and paste those parts that "made" you feel that way so we can go over them together.

However, I am always accountable for my own wrong-headedness, racism and hypocrisy.

You can help me out by quoting my exact words and posting them for me.

am i so used to being sarcastic that i detect sarcasm where it does not (probably?) exist...?

Hmmm...

republicanchick

Y

God is not pleased in the least bit that while Americans are complaining illegal alien criminals might kill one person at best a day the American government allows 3500 times as many childre to be killed in the same time period.

The atheists use misrepresentation of magnitude to muddy the issues. It is misleading and we should never need to use their tactic. God never needs to lie or deceive people to win any argument.

do you have any idea what the heck you are talking about?

you bring up all this extraneous nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic at hand... and then expect... what? an actual response??

figure out what point u are trying to make and then make it... and edit your posts b4 SUBMIT. Then maybe a conversation could actually take place..

___

Sancocho

do you have any idea what the heck you are talking about?

you bring up all this extraneous nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic at hand... and then expect... what? an actual response??

figure out what point u are trying to make and then make it... and edit your posts b4 SUBMIT. Then maybe a conversation could actually take place..

___

Trump said:

"What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc."

I am merely pointing out this is a lie of course, as inconvenient as it may be.

Poor Catholic immigrants are being used as scapegoats to further a political agenda.

You attempt to justify Trumps claim and when I pointed out that statistics of immigrants do not support said claim you respond by stating that the immigrants are criminals just for crossing the border based on US law which we are to respect for good or bad. That is not the Catholic stance nor is vilifying the majority for a few either.

republicanchick

Tr
you respond by stating that the immigrants are criminals just for crossing the border based on US law which we are to respect for good or bad. That is not the Catholic stance nor is vilifying the majority for a few either.

violating a law is violating a law. Why do you act like there is nothing wrong with that? Why do you act like there is no option to come into our country LEGALLY?

and dont tell me the Church has some absolute stand on this issue. When i see it written in an ex cathedra document, then maybe i will believe it... In the mean time, i see people breaking the law and i don't believe in that. If they have a legitimate assylum issue, then, AGAIN

they can apply legally

___