babylon the great

Hearmyvoice

what would the bible say
if
she were a city?

Revelation 17:18
And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Revelation 18:10
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
Revelation 18:16
And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
Revelation 18:18
And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
Revelation 18:19
And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
Revelation 18:21
And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

What is a city? It is a place in which one lives. Babylon is a city/place of wickedness and spiritual deception. For this reason He asks His children, who worship in her each Sunday, who tithe to her, who listen to men speak their words and not those of God...TO LEAVE HER. All religions that do not teach His Words, as written, are part and parcel of the great city.

Editing in....He is "a voice crying in the wilderness"...it is up to us to "hear My voice."

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What is a city? It is a place in which one lives. Babylon is a city/place of wickedness and spiritual deception. For this reason He asks His children, who worship in her each Sunday, who tithe to her, who listen to men speak their words and not those of God...TO LEAVE HER. All religions that do not teach His Words, as written, are part and parcel of the great city.

how would you know a city
if
it were a city?

Hearmyvoice

so why does it say
it is a city
six times

The number six is a clue to her identity!

I believe that the beginning of the great city was....

Genesis 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.​

Enoch means "dedicated." This city was dedicated to the serpent and has grown in strength through the eons.

There are, I also believe, only two cities God considers humanity as being dwellers within and neither are literal geographical locations but are rather...spiritual in nature.

1. The great city Babylon
2. The holy city Jerusalem​

Within both are special areas holding the chosen...of each side. Within Jerusalem it is Zion that the Holy Spirit teaches so they in turn teach the holy city. In Babylon it is the other group of chosen that hear their father and...teach accordingly.

John 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with My Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it's a city
most think it is a city
rome or jerusalem
constantinople should also be considered
it fits better than the others

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=VH9f2aRTbKM

Istanbul is the city of the call to prayer, where the name of the Last Prophet is shouted out all over the city, five times a day! It is the center of the broken Caliphate but the Caliphate will return! :jump:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=VH9f2aRTbKM

Istanbul is the city of the call to prayer, where the name of the Last Prophet is shouted out all over the city, five times a day! It is the center of the broken Caliphate but the Caliphate will return! :jump:

what about the last prophet?

don't you think he will return?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is synonymous with anti-Christ.

how do you explain this?

Revelation 17:16King James Version (KJV)

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
how do you explain this?

Revelation 17:16King James Version (KJV)

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

They are all anti-Christ.