ECT Jesus Return

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In 70AD those who were in Abraham's bosom were taken to heaven by Jesus. Those believers were given gifts.

Now, please explain Matt 16:28?
Sorry, No cigar! And if that is your ONLY explanation, yer an idiot ___ aside from being a willful heathen, anti-christ!
You must have read "How to Win Friends and Influence People"

"yer and idiot ___ aside from being a willful heathen, antichrist."

It's the idiot, that isn't going to get it. -- Find a better word other idiot, or ignorant, stupid, dummy, fool, etc.

Now I'm going to read through this thread to what else I can find so I can forgive whoever posted such as idiot, etc.

Cross Reference

You must have read "How to Win Friends and Influence People"

"yer and idiot ___ aside from being a willful heathen, antichrist."

It's the idiot, that isn't going to get it. -- Find a better word other idiot, or ignorant, stupid, dummy, fool, etc.

Now I'm going to read through this thread to what else I can find so I can forgive whoever posted such as idiot, etc.

Go no further, I wrote it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And I don't intend to until you have the guts to address vs 27. Either that or you can wait 'til hell freezes over __ which I believe will happen first..

I already addressed it.

Jesus said the following shortly before 70AD

(Rev 22:12) “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done

Lines up perfectly with Matt 16:27 & 28

You have to make "Look, I am coming soon!" mean 2,000 years and still counting.

You also have Mark 9:1 to contend with:

(Mark 9:1) And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Cross Reference

I already addressed it.

Jesus said the following shortly before 70AD

(Rev 22:12) “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done

Lines up perfectly with Matt 16:27

You have to make "Look, I am coming soon!" mean 2,000 years and still counting.

You also have Mark 9:1 to contend with:

(Mark 9:1) And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

:loser:

Interplanner

Tet,
re Mt 16:28, I just don't want to see you lose people by insisting that that is something in the DofJ. It may merely be the resurrection; Christianity is "mere" (--Lewis). It may be Pentecost. It may be the fact of the nations coming in.

Let me unpack the last of these since I think the others are clear once a person rounds the "mere" corner. In Rom 16's final lines, Paul says that there has been an 'epitagan' that has caused so many people from among the nations to believe. This was a royal decree or order. Well, follow the imagery. Who makes such things? Kings. And was is just the command or did it actually come into existence? Obviously the latter, which is why such a strong term is used. It has become an incontrovertible fact. It was also laying dormant in OT scriptures, which gives it a further power in the minds of people who are trying to assimilate and organize their beliefs to be Biblical. So even this "fact" of the 1st century could be considered the coming in power. All these are before we get to the DofJ.

ZX12R

I am not wrong unless scripture shows me to be. I normally stick to scripture that does not need interpretation but means just what it says, such as when Jesus said in Revelation, "I come quickly" not "I will come whenever".
Could his word "quickly" really be interpeted as to include in about 2,000 or more years in time.? Aside from that discussion, if he doesn't get here soon, everything is as doom and gloom. I think most reasonable people can feel the armies of our doom gathering.

Interplanner

The Rev was a pastoral montage about the awful events of 1st century Judea, with the expectation of the world's judgement at the end.

As for doom and gloom, I don't know. Annoying developments like SS marriage, but MAD is a huge deterrent that never used to exist. Especially when Iran doesn't understand it! ISIS will continue to be sporadic. Islam may take over Europe financially; we won't be able to tour there without a high % of money going to the religion.

Cross Reference

The Rev was a pastoral montage about the awful events of 1st century Judea, with the expectation of the world's judgement at the end.

Do they compare with what is presently going on in the world that the scriptures say is only going to get worse?

As for doom and gloom, I don't know.

How come you don't know?? You declare great certainty about all else related to what you don't know? So how come this?

Annoying developments like SS marriage, but MAD is a huge deterrent that never used to exist.

Annoying developments, you say? Is that all they are?? And MAD that never used to exist?? What's with that? How come they do at all?
Especially when Iran doesn't understand it!

Understand what?

ISIS will continue to be sporadic.

And that you are certain of? hmm.

Islam may take over Europe financially; we won't be able to tour there without a high % of money going to the religion.

Too bad for us. I wonder what will happen then??

BtW, who is the Rev you mention?

Interplanner

The Revelation is the Rev. It was written as a pastoral answer to refuge Judean Christians about what was happening to them in the 7th decade there. That's why the 1st page says it is about things 'immediate, at hand, happening quickly.' Many of them moved to the churches mentioned, which were in Little Asia. The harlot (Jerusalem who is guilty of the blood of the prophets and saints, Mt 23) is destroyed by the beast she rode upon (Judaism had people in lots of administrative positions in lots of Roman cities, seen all through Acts). The wedding took place one the harlot was stoned, and the King began his reign.

Like Mt 24B (after v29) the judgement of this world and the new one were expected right after the destruction of Jerusalem. But a delay was allowed. That's the same delay discussed in 2 Pet 3.

The "worst ever" was assigned to what happened in Israel, and he says it would exceed what would ever happen later. So again, he allows for there to be a later. 2 Pet 3 is the most complete statement about the future, and there is neither any reference to Israel nor to the world being in the worst shape ever. The judgement of the world is a divine fire that alters the very core elements.

There are certain things about the SS marriage decision that could backfire; we'll see. For ex., the pizza place in Pennsylvania ended up with more money than before, through help from Christians or MF marriage supporters. The intention of the homosexuals was to punish. It did not!

MAD did not exist in anyone's thinking until the 1945 tests at Los Alamos.

Iran thinks everything will happen according to Islamic eschatology. They don't understand MAD.

I think we might be surprised to find out what Germany's real position is about Islam. They can't possibly be ignorant of their population growth situation, and they are the brains of Europe. There have been significant anti-Islamic rallies in northern Europe. In the past, when Islam has taken over cities and places that have their roots in other ideologies, they have done as little as change the front door of the place (Hagia Sophia Church in Budapest) so that it faced Mecca. It was 8 degrees off on the compass. In others, they have bombed them.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Like Mt 24B (after v29) the judgement of this world and the new one were expected right after the destruction of Jerusalem. But a delay was allowed. That's the same delay discussed in 2 Pet 3.

Peter spoke of the last days. Peter said scoffers would appear in the last days.

(2 Peter 3:4) Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

Now, let's look at what Jude said a few years later:

(Jude 1:17-19) But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

As we see, the "last days" that Peter talked about, took place at the time Jude was written.

iamaberean

Even when Jesus was here said "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only" (Matthew 24:36).

I am to concentrate living each day as if the end was to come that day. I want to be ready for the Lord's coming. "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night" 1 Thessalonians 5:2).

Let's take your last statement first. You should be ready because death can come instantly at an unknown time.

Jesus was replying to his disciples when he said, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man" therefore the disciples would not know. But we know, because it is history. It happened in 70 AD.

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Well, Do you believe Bradly?

Cross Reference

Let's take your last statement first. You should be ready because death can come instantly at an unknown time.

Jesus was replying to his disciples when he said, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man" therefore the disciples would not know. But we know, because it is history. It happened in 70 AD.

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Well, Do you believe Bradly?

Why not be generous and address the second part first __ surely you know what a thief is which should make it easy for you?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

There's more to it.

Jesus came in 70AD on the Feast of Trumpets.

Because the Feast of Trumpets occurred on a new moon, the Israelites never knew for sure what day it would be. The Sanhedrin used to send out two witnesses to confirm the new moon. It was very difficult on cloudy days, and sometimes they didn't see it for two or three days.

Only when the two witnesses returned to the Sanhedrin to confirm the new moon, did the Feast of Trumpets begin.

When Jesus said "But of that day and hour knoweth no man" it was a hint that He would return on the Feast of Trumpets, which is exactly what He did in 70AD

Here is what the two witnesses would look for:

young_moon.jpeg