Moon Landing Hoax

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do heliocentrists still use the terms "sunrise" and "sunset"?

Don't those terms confirm geocentrism?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I didn't say it doesn't come back down to earth.

If you were standing on the equator, and I'm standing in Pennsylvania, and you throw a ball to me, the ball will end up to the left of me (your right) because you are moving faster than I am (if the earth spins) and I didn't catch up to you.

If you were standing on the North Pole, and I'm in Pennsylvania, and you throw a ball to me, it will again end up to the left of me because now I'm moving faster than you are (if the earth spins) and I have moved ahead of you.

If planet earth is standing still, and space is moving, the same exact effect would take place.
And what does this have to do with what I asked. If you throw the ball up, will it come back down to you in all three places? Its a simple yes or no kind of question.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Why do heliocentrists still use the terms "sunrise" and "sunset"?

Don't those terms confirm geocentrism?
Not at all. Whether the sun moves around the Earth or the Earth rotates around the sun, to an observer on Earth the effect is the same: the sun appears to rise in the east and set in the west.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is rather the point. AN observer on Earth could not tell the difference between the Earth stopping and the sun stopping. Thus, when scripture says the sun stopped for three days, there is not enough information there to tell us whether God stopped the sun or the Earth. So I wonder why one must insist on one model or the other based on religious principles?

According to Genesis 1 God created earth on the third day, and then the sun on the fourth day.

Daniel1611

That is rather the point. AN observer on Earth could not tell the difference between the Earth stopping and the sun stopping. Thus, when scripture says the sun stopped for three days, there is not enough information there to tell us whether God stopped the sun or the Earth. So I wonder why one must insist on one model or the other based on religious principles?

The earth isn't moving, that's why. One doesn't have to choose a model based on religion. People have always believed in a flat stationary earth regardless of their religion.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And what does this have to do with what I asked. If you throw the ball up, will it come back down to you in all three places? Its a simple yes or no kind of question.

If you were on a merry-go-round going as fast as the merry-go-round could go, with no roof on it, and you threw a ball up in the air 30 feet, would it come back down to you?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Orbit of mars in a geocentric model

Orbit of mars in a geocentric model

One of the main challenges to a geocentric model is the orbit of Mars. Here is what that orbit would look like:
Spoiler

Cassini_apparent.jpg

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
If you were on a merry-go-round going as fast as the merry-go-round could go, with no roof on it, and you threw a ball up in the air 30 feet, would it come back down to you?
Can't you answer yes or no? Besides, your analogy doesn't work. The distance, h, that you can throw the ball up compared to R of the earth is very small. The r of the merry go round is such that h and r are of similar magnitudes so the effects are different. We are not discussing merry go rounds, we are discussing the plant. If you throw a ball up at the north pole, south pole or equator, will the ball came back down to you?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
According to Genesis 1 God created earth on the third day, and then the sun on the fourth day.
Interesting discussion there but probably for another thread. Suffice it to say that from an observer on Earth, the creation observations would be correct even when the sun was created before the Earth.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
The earth isn't moving, that's why. One doesn't have to choose a model based on religion. People have always believed in a flat stationary earth regardless of their religion.
People believe in unicorns and fairies as well. Are they correct to believe in them?

Daniel1611

People believe in unicorns and fairies as well. Are they correct to believe in them?

If they saw them with their own eyes, sure. I see the flat horizon. I see the stillness of the earth. I don't feel movement. If you're going to tell me that everyone's senses are wrong, I need incontrovertible proof. I need more than CGI from NASA. I need more than this magic force called Gravity that is so strong it can hold the oceans on the globe but weak enough that a tiny insect can resist it. Gravity is this magic concept that seems to exist just to cover up holes in the globe theory.

A ball falls back to earth because of its relative density, not because of this magical force gravity. It's strong enough to hold everything onto the spinning globe, but weak enough that we can resist it. It just sounds magical.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can't you answer yes or no?

I already said yes.

Besides, your analogy doesn't work. The distance, h, that you can throw the ball up compared to R of the earth is very small. The r of the merry go round is such that h and r are of similar magnitudes so the effects are different.

If you threw a ball high enough, but not out of the earth's atmosphere, and there was no wind, would the ball come back to the spot you threw it from if this took place on the equator?

We are not discussing merry go rounds, we are discussing the plant.

What plant? :chuckle:

If you throw a ball up at the north pole, south pole or equator, will the ball came back down to you?

I already said yes to the poles, but no to the equator.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
According to heliocentrism, the earth spins approximately 1,000 mph.

Heliocentrism also says the earth revolves around the sun at 18.5 miles a second. Which is in the neighborhood of 65,000 mph.

So, if the earth either stopped spinning, or stopped orbiting, don't you think everything on it would go flying through the air?

Daniel1611

Actually, Einstein had to invent the existence of ether to support his theory of special relativity.

There is all sorts of magic invented to make heliocentrism and the globe work. It so nonsensical that there has to be all manner of magical forces to make it work. We of course can't just go by what we see and experience, which is a flat stationary earth. That is what we experience.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
If they saw them with their own eyes, sure. I see the flat horizon. I see the stillness of the earth. I don't feel movement. If you're going to tell me that everyone's senses are wrong, I need incontrovertible proof. I need more than CGI from NASA. I need more than this magic force called Gravity that is so strong it can hold the oceans on the globe but weak enough that a tiny insect can resist it. Gravity is this magic concept that seems to exist just to cover up holes in the globe theory.

A ball falls back to earth because of its relative density, not because of this magical force gravity. It's strong enough to hold everything onto the spinning globe, but weak enough that we can resist it. It just sounds magical.
CGI did not exist at the time of the moon shots.

And your senses are deceived. You don't feel the Earth moving because you are moving with it. If you have ever been on a ship in calm seas, you not experience the sensation of movement because you are moving with the ship. Same principle.

You see a flat horizon because your height is far to small to allow you to clearly see the arc described by the radius of the Earth.

Balls of ANY density less than the density of air will fall back to earth when tossed up. Because gravity describes a force of attraction between two objects. In order for an insect, or an air plane, to fly, they must work against the force of gravity to stay in the air. If they don't, they fall. There is nothing magical about gravity, it is one of the forces created by God.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I already said yes.

If you threw a ball high enough, but not out of the earth's atmosphere, and there was no wind, would the ball come back to the spot you threw it from if this took place on the equator?

What plant? :chuckle:

I already said yes to the poles, but no to the equator.
What happens at the equator? Where does the ball return to Earth relative to you?

Daniel1611

CGI did not exist at the time of the moon shots.

And your senses are deceived. You don't feel the Earth moving because you are moving with it. If you have ever been on a ship in calm seas, you not experience the sensation of movement because you are moving with the ship. Same principle.

You see a flat horizon because your height is far to small to allow you to clearly see the arc described by the radius of the Earth.

Balls of ANY density less than the density of air will fall back to earth when tossed up. Because gravity describes a force of attraction between two objects. In order for an insect, or an air plane, to fly, they must work against the force of gravity to stay in the air. If they don't, they fall. There is nothing magical about gravity, it is one of the forces created by God.

The moon landing was filmed in a studio and the photos of earth were taken through a round window in a plane to make it appear globular.

You see the flat horizon as far as you go. YouTube. You can see independent camera shots of people in hot air balloons and what not 20 miles up and the horizon remains flat and at eye level. You don't look down to see the horizon like you would on a globe. You don't see a curve except in NASA related or government sponsored shots.

Gravity is only needed if we are on a spinning ball. If earth is flat and stationary, there is no magic needed.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
There is all sorts of magic invented to make heliocentrism and the globe work. It so nonsensical that there has to be all manner of magical forces to make it work. We of course can't just go by what we see and experience, which is a flat stationary earth. That is what we experience.
Nothing was invented, things were discovered. Keep in mind that Newtonian physics were all that was required to put men on the moon. And senses can be fooled. Remember that ship on the ocean? You don't feel it move yet in the morning you wake up in a whole different place. How can you have moved if your senses tell you that you are not moving?