ECT Our triune God

Arsenios

No.
You have made God in man's image in triplicate.
Gorilla-glued siamese triplets.
On a ranch, no less.

So exactly WHO brought up the RANCH???

Izzat y'er raunchy ranch remuda??

MY ranch goes on my salad...

YOURS seems word-saladed...

But the RANCH is YOURS...

YOU brought it here...

YOU coined it...

YOU own it...

Nice try though...

A little lame, OK, fair enough...

But nice enough I should think...

gottalife-gottarun...

ta...

Arsenios

ps Ya STILL gotta PROVE why ONE ousia cannot have more than one hypostasis

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
So exactly WHO brought up the RANCH???

YOU DID!!!! You've given the example of two "persons" co-owning property many times. I just addressed YOUR ridiculous fallacy.

And much of it is your constant conflation of perichoresis and hypostatic union. You combine them in some weird way.

Izzat y'er raunchy ranch remuda??

MY ranch goes on my salad...

YOURS seems word-saladed...

But the RANCH is YOURS...

YOU brought it here...

YOU coined it...

YOU own it...

LIES!! The co-owned property analogy is ALL YOURS. OWN YOUR FALLACY. I just finally illustrated it to expose it.

Nice try though...

It was YOUR TRY. I just put it on the table and crushed it in every way.

A little lame, OK, fair enough...

YOUR co-owned property example is very lame, yes.

But nice enough I should think...

gottalife-gottarun...

ta...

Arsenios

ps Ya STILL gotta PROVE why ONE ousia cannot have more than one hypostasis

Wow. Now the ousia "has" the (alleged) multiple hypostases. More and constant conflation.

YOU have to prove the inverse. I've blasted it 10 ways from Sunday, including the impossible compromise of filiation and spiration as internal generation and procession; making the ousia (which now allegedly "has" the hypostases) into a fourth and primary component of God.

So now the ousia is the "place" TO which the additional filiated/spirated additional hypostases proceeded forth/proceedeth FROM the Father... while "having" that ousia, but now the ousia "has" the hypostases. In any case, now the ousia is somehow distinct from the hypostases themselves as a fourth thing while still being the "place" of TO for FROM according to alleged internal procession.

YOUR doctrine is what is full of paradox, conflation, and compromise of God's attributes.

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
John 14:11
I (am) in the Father,
the Father (is) in me...

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

John 14:20
I am in my Father,
and ye in me,
and I in you.

John 15:1
I am the True Vine,
and
My Father is the Husbandman.

Scripture plainly states that...
The Father and the Son are One...
AND...
That they are Two...

It is a small matter to understand two owners of the same property...

Father and Son own the Ousia that is God, together with the Holy Spirit...

The question is this: Can two or more Divine Hypostases co-inhere in one another?

The Orthodox say yes...

And speak from the experience of Divinization, which is quintessentially such a co-inherence...

So as well are the words cited above...

Arsenios

The bolded is the clear evidence that co-owned property is YOUR fallacy. I just called it a ranch. Call it whatever. It's still jacked.

You are precipitously close to Tritheism, and you're misrepresenting your own professed historical doctrine with this nonsense; especially the conflation of perichoresis and hypostatic union.

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
They are Divine Hypostases having the Ousia of God, distinct without separation, united but having differing Hypostatic Features:

NAMELY:

1: The UNBEGOTTENNESS of the Father
2: The BEGOTTENNESS of the Son who IS begotten...
3: The PROCESSION of the Holy Spirit.

The Father is the One God Who has BEGOTTEN the Son and PROCESSED the Holy Spirit into His OUSIA as co-equal with Himself before the creation of existence...

In the first bolded, the hyppstases "have" the ousia.

In the second bolded, two hypostases are proceeding FROM one hypostasis INTO the ousia that they were asserted to "already" "have". And now the ousia is a distinct fourth thing.

And then you later go on to insist I have to prove an ousia can't "have" multiple hypostases.

All of this is after repeatedly interposing and/or combining perichoresis and hypostatic union.

This is partly you misrepresenting your historical doctrine, and partly the inevitable untenability and paradoxes of that doctrine itself.

Fail on EVERY point. And that's without the ranch debacle. Sheesh.

Love ya, Bro. But................... No.

Arsenios

In the first bolded, the hypostases "have" the ousia.
As in the ranch YOU invented has TWO owners...

In the second bolded, two hypostases are proceeding FROM one hypostasis

No they aren't... The Two are not proceeding... Except in YOUR accounting...

One is begotten by the Father, and the other from the Father, and all WITHIN the Ousia of God the Father... Timelessly...

INTO the ousia that they were asserted to "already" "have".

Sorry, but you are jerking terms all over the place here, and not contributing to a better understanding... If you have a differing view, then you must define ousia and hypostasis, and show how my account is wrong. I have defined ousia as wealth, and hypostasis as person. Do you agree or disagree with these definitions? You seem to think that ousia should be defined as essence, and if so, we can talk about that...

And now the ousia is a distinct fourth thing.

Hypostasis is part ousia combined with a differentiating principle of existence, and these I have Biblically shown to be the UNBEGOTTENNESS of the Father, the BEGOTTENNESS of the Son, and the PROCESSION of the Holy Spirit...

And then you later go on to insist I have to prove an ousia can't "have" multiple hypostases.

That is YOUR assertion - One hypostasis per ousia, and one ousia per hypostasis. True enough if ousia=essence, and not true if ousia=wealth...

All of this is after repeatedly interposing and/or combining perichoresis and hypostatic union.

Hypostatic union is a form, for created man, which is modeled on the union of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, wherein those Hypostases are united as well... Why do you freak out at looking at them together?

Love ya, Bro. But................... No.

Just slow down and systematically develop your terms, their definitions, and their usage in your understanding... No need to get all wierd in denunciations of what you see as wrong, but instead, seeing what is right, illumine what you see as wrong in its light...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Let's take a look, shall we?

Two individuated "persons" co-own... let's say...

a large ranch property.

Sorry Bro -

YOU GOTTA OWN the RANCH...

This is where you injected it into the discussion...

But later mocked me for honoring your usage of it...

Straight up...

Arsenios

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Sorry Bro -

YOU GOTTA OWN the RANCH...

NO. THE RANCH WAS AN ACQUIESCED HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE OF YOUR INSISTENCE ON OUSIA BEING PROPERTY THAT IS CO-OWNED.

MAKE IT WHATEVER PROPERTY WITH HOWEVER MANY OWNERS. THREE CO-OWNERS OF WHATEVER.

AND PLEASE STOP BEING SO OBTUSE AND PEDANTIC.

YOU brought up property. I was just demonstrating a hypothetical example to expose the conflation and stupidity of ANY such example.

This is where you injected it into the discussion...

Right. As a hypothetical example of YOUR insistence on ousia being co-owned property. I deconstructed it. You just can't accept that because you're so falsely certain the Classic Trinity couldn't have anything wrong.

But later mocked me for honoring your usage of it...

Straight up...

Arsenios

Yep. Because you were AND STILL ARE being obsequiously obtuse and obfuscatory.

The ranch was a hypothetical example with multiple owners. Any other "property" as "wealth" for any number of owners would be the same paradox for my applied deconstruction.

Sheeeeeeeeeesh.

Last edited:

Interplanner

R. Prager says the trinity of Judaism is 'Yahweh--'eretz--torah.' God--land--Law. Perhaps not formally expressed in that order, but the Law is elevated enough to declare that the other writings are not divine. That's why eph 3 is true about the age of the Gospel being embedded in the prophets, but unseen/hidden to Judaism. Everything would have to take place through the Law to them. Paul said through the Gospel was now the key phrase. All blessings mentioned in promises to the fathers had arrived in the Gospel.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
As in the ranch YOU invented has TWO owners...

Sigh. It was a hypothetical of YOUR claim of co-owned proeprty. Stop passing it off just because I obliterated it.

No they aren't... The Two are not proceeding... Except in YOUR accounting...

More pedanticism. You should know I was referring to paternity/filiation and spiration/procession. Please stop obfuscating.

One is begotten by the Father, and the other from the Father, and all WITHIN the Ousia of God the Father... Timelessly...

Wow. Now it's all within the ousia that the hypostases are supposed to "have". But then you also say the ousia "has" the hypostases.

And you STILL have filiation and procession FROM the Father hypostasis TO the ousia. The (alleged) two other hypostases are not the ousia, but move to the ousia from one hypostasis, but are just within the ousia while "having" the ousia.

What a bunch of gobble-de-gookery to attempt justifying multi-hypostaticism. It's spatiality. Non-Immensity.

Sorry, but you are jerking terms all over the place here,

No. I exposed your fallacy of co-owners of property.

and not contributing to a better understanding...

Because you already have compromised understanding.

If you have a differing view, then you must define ousia and hypostasis,

I did. With copious explicit lexicography.

and show how my account is wrong.

I did. The property is not the actual wealth of the co-owners' be-ings. They are human beings owning another entity that indicates they have essence; but it isn't their actual essence of be-ing.

I have defined ousia as wealth, and hypostasis as person. Do you agree or disagree with these definitions?

I only partially agree. You employ them inappropriately.

You seem to think that ousia should be defined as essence, and if so, we can talk about that...

It's not a false dichotomy. Ousia means both wealth and essence. More particularly, it's the specific kind of wealth of be-ing. It isn't apart from be-ing, and it isn't apart from wealth.

You make it into three divine beings sharing a species.

Hypostasis is part ousia

Now you're even further dividing God into "parts". So much for His Simplicity. God is NOT comprised of parts or partialness.

Parts combined can be separated. No Simplicity. Compounding or constituency of parts. Fail.

with a differentiating principle of existence,

"A differentiating principle of existence"?!?!?!? And you talk about me making up words, etc.?

It actually sounds like you're trying to account for multi-phenomenality on a very elementary and insufficient level.

and these I have Biblically shown to be the UNBEGOTTENNESS of the Father, the BEGOTTENNESS of the Son, and the PROCESSION of the Holy Spirit...

You've DECLARED it, not shown it. But I don't disagree. It's just multi-phenomenality, not multi-hypostatic.

That is YOUR assertion -

No, it was yours. Listen carefully. This was where you inverted and conflated again. You have previously said the hypostases "have" the ousia; then you said the ousia "has" the hypostases.

I know, I know. Whatever works at the moment to retain your fallacious formulaic because of cognitive dissonance. But it's still irregular in the form of conflation or interposition.

One hypostasis per ousia, and one ousia per hypostasis.

Yep.

True enough if ousia=essence, and not true if ousia=wealth...

Your wealth thing was what I depicted with the ranch. Wealth has to equate ALSO to essence as be-ing. It can't just be one or the other.

Now you have three beings with the same kind of divinity. You're now a Tritheist to whatever degree.

Hypostatic union is a form, for created man, which is modeled on the union of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, wherein those Hypostases are united as well...

Let me be clear with the correction AGAIN.

WHAT YOU'VE JUST DESCRIBED IS PERICHORESIS. THE INTER-PENETRATING CO-INHERENCE OF THE ALLEGED THREE HYPOSTASES OF THE CLASSIC TRINITY. HYPOSTATIC UNION IS ONLY IN CHRISTOLOGY FOR THE DIVINITY OF THE SON TAKING ON A HUMAN NATURE.

Each individual Believer, as betrothed, is in hypostatic union with Christ. Believers are then perichoretically joined as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are joined.

I got banned for trying to make this clear to you previously. Hypostatic union is for Christological joining of divinity and humanity at the Incarnation. It is also applied to husbands and wives.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have perichoresis, but are NOT in hypostatic union. Only the Son hypostasized to take on humanity. And Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are NOT in a marriage relationship.

All Believers share are perichoretically joined because each is in hypostatic union with Christ by faith.

You have conflated perichoresis and hypostatic union since I've first addressed it with you. You refuse to learn the difference, and it makes you promote this ridiculous co-owned property fallacy.

Please go learn the exact difference between perichoresis and hypostatic union.

Why do you freak out at looking at them together?

Because they're quite distinct.

Just slow down and systematically develop your terms, their definitions, and their usage in your understanding... No need to get all wierd in denunciations of what you see as wrong, but instead, seeing what is right, illumine what you see as wrong in its light...

Arsenios

I have. And I will continue to do so. First, go learn what perichoresis and hypostatic union are and how they contrast so you're not combining or conflating them as you constantly have.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
R. Prager says the trinity of Judaism is 'Yahweh--'eretz--torah.' God--land--Law. Perhaps not formally expressed in that order, but the Law is elevated enough to declare that the other writings are not divine. That's why eph 3 is true about the age of the Gospel being embedded in the prophets, but unseen/hidden to Judaism. Everything would have to take place through the Law to them. Paul said through the Gospel was now the key phrase. All blessings mentioned in promises to the fathers had arrived in the Gospel.

Brief, but I think I can agree.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Another issue, for anyone who could possibly address it...

With a multi-hypostatic Trinity, there must be the innascibility of the Father "before" His paternity and spiration for the Son's filiation and the Holy Spirit's procession.

Since God is timeless, this sequentiality means the Son and Holy Spirit cannot truly be eternal.

And this is also apart from Opera Ad Intra internal filiation/procession as spatiality.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Another issue, for anyone who could possibly address it...

With a multi-hypostatic Trinity, there must be the innascibility of the Father "before" His paternity and spiration for the Son's filiation and the Holy Spirit's procession.

Yup. What's yer problem?

Since God is timeless, this sequentiality means the Son and Holy Spirit cannot truly be eternal.

Duh. Only those caught up in their isms and oxy's, and thinkin' they know more than God has told us would have a problem with it.

LOL, guess I answered my first question, hunh?

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Perichoresis, if I'm understanding pps right, is discerning spirits?

No. Perichoresis is the interpenetration with each other that all Believers share by all being filled with the Holy Spirit.

In the Classic Trinity doctrine, perichoresis is the inter-penetration of the alleged three hypostases all being "in" each other.

Hypostatic union is the doctrine of the divine Son taking on humanity by hypostasizing.

The two cannot be interposed.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No. Perichoresis is the interpenetration with each other that all Believers share by all being filled with the Holy Spirit.

So I wasn't really off.

Without the Holy Spirit how would we be able to discern false spirits?
Or vice versa?

In the Classic Trinity doctrine, perichoresis is the inter-penetration of the alleged three hypostases all being "in" each other.

As long as they say in agreement with one another, y'all might have a semblance of a trinity to declare.

Hypostatic union is the doctrine of the divine Son taking on humanity by hypostasizing.

And I say to those who cannot withstand sound doctrine that the Son was in hypostatic union with his Father while in a flesh body.

The two cannot be interposed.

I agree.