What is the express image of God?

keypurr

and once you start accepting all scripture, you will see what and who the truth is but until then it is useless for me to show you something you won't and can't see.

Until I respect you, you can not show me anything.

I most likely knew truth before you were born.

StanJ

Until I respect you, you can not show me anything. I most likely knew truth before you were born.

Here's your sign.

images

keypurr

My words sometimes hurt, so does God's.
You insult God by creating another God.
There is only one God and he does not come in three pieces.
That is a pagan belief.

StanJ

That is a pagan belief.

Are you sure you are telling us the truth when you say you are NOT JW?

keypurr

Are you sure you are telling us the truth when you say you are NOT JW?

I most likely am closer to the JW's than to your church Stan. But I belong to no church because I can not find one that try's to keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus Christ.

Do you know of one that might fulfill those standards?

StanJ

I most likely am closer to the JW's than to your church Stan. But I belong to no church because I can not find one that try's to keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus Christ.

I see, so you belong to the church of YOU?

How sad you feel you know more than ALL other Christians. :nono:

That in itself will tell most people how bad your perspective is that you feel even more unique than JWs.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

why do you go against scripture?

Hebrews 10:25 MEV

Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but let us exhort one another, especially as you see the Day approaching.

keypurr

I see, so you belong to the church of YOU?

How sad you feel you know more than ALL other Christians. :nono:

That in itself will tell most people how bad your perspective is that you feel even more unique than JWs.

Not really alone Stan, I have Christ, who else do I need?

I was very active in church during my time there. But I just does not make any sense with what they teach.
1. Churches have held on to the false pagan Trinity form of God enforced upon the people by the Roman Emperor in the early fourth century.
2. They do not teach the Ten Commandments in the manner that they should. The Sabbath is a holy day instituted by the creator. Christ did not do away with the Ten, he taught them. He magnified their meaning to us.

We must make choices. Listen to the churches that have corrupted God's word and made false doctrines or read for ourselves and make our own decisions. I put my trust in the words of God as I understand them to be. A lot of folks agree to think for themselves Stan. That does not make us bad, just independent of tradition. We have no chains to bind our mind.

StanJ

why do you go against scripture?
Hebrews 10:25 MEV
Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but let us exhort one another, especially as you see the Day approaching.

He only follows Scripture he agrees with. :nono:

keypurr

You only have a facsimile, as you readily admit...not the REAL thing keypurr.

Joh 8:47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

You do not hear or see him Stan.

No you do not.

Ben Masada

What is the express image of God?

That is a pagan belief.

You are right Keypurr as I totally agree with you:

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

StanJ

Don't you do the same?

No, I accept all the scripture you have quoted and have explained them, unlike you who avoids dealing with the one you CAN'T.

John 1:18 (NIV)
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Of course you and your ilk deny it, but you can't explain it.

StanJ

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"
Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.
More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.
More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.
Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.
Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.
Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

Sadly, as an INCOMPLETE Jew, you lack both scriptural understanding of the ENTIRE canon of scripture.
The Shema is only made complete in Jesus Christ. Feel free to learn something in the following link.

http://www.worldofthebible.com/Bible Studies/The Concept of the Messiah in the Old Testament.pdf

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, I accept all the scripture you have quoted and have explained them, unlike you who avoids dealing with the one you CAN'T.

John 1:18 (NIV)
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Of course you and your ilk deny it, but you can't explain it.

I think you will find that only the NIV and NLT translate the verse this way. Not to say that it is not correct but that is the way it is.

StanJ

Joh 8:47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
You do not hear or see him Stan.
No you do not.

If I don't hear Him, how can I know what to show you? :loser:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I think you will find that only the NIV and NLT translate the verse this way. Not to say that it is not correct but that is the way it is.

This annoys me too..it is a paraphrase while pretending to be a precise translation, even if the paraphrase is true it is a dangerous trend in bible translation.