Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear 6days,

May God always bless you!! Thanks tons for your recent advice. I do appreciate it and have stored your helping post into my MS Word so that I can refer back to it when I'm feeling disillusioned or so. You are very wise, 6days, and it's good to have you around. You must not be in your 30's, because you know too much already. I used to think you were in your 20's or 30's, for most of the time I've known you. Since you put up your avatar, I've learned better. You are quite a wonderful, good-looking couple. I hope you both enjoy Heaven TOGETHER!! So which church did you go to or are you going to? Like, what is your denomination. It would be very interesting to know. I've been non-denominational for most of my life. I just love everyone. And the love is real. I think I got it from listening to Jesus saying to even love one's enemies and pray for them. That's what I'm like. To me, everyone is my brother and sister. Sometimes some of them do bad things/sin, but God still loves them and He knows they just need to learn better not to do that bad thing/sin. I am like that also. I follow the passage, "Do unto others as you would have done to you." That is the crux of my being. Also, to love each other!! The Lord taught me to do these things and it has been the bastion of my life. And He has raised me to be like the prophet Elijah to precede Jesus' second coming, just as John the Baptist was also, when He first came to Earth. The Lord told me I was one of two witnesses mentioned in Rev. 11:3KJV. Why do you think I know so much? For this reason, I was born. Well, I'm not going to toot my own horn. God will confirm it with you once I leave the Earth. He will bear witness of me when the time comes. But for now, you just must have faith in Him in all matters. This world is so screwed up now, it will take a miracle to fix it again. But God will perform that miracle and you shall see how powerful and wise He is, and you shall see His glory and brightness. And as we have seen Jesus leave the Earth, so shall He return in like manner (as it has been written for us to know). So for all of those who say He has already come, you are of Satan and you know nothing of the sort. Oh well, I'll close for now.

Tons Of Love To You And Your Loved Ones, 6days!!

Michael

:angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear The Barbarian,

Well, how are you doing these days?? It's been over a week. I hope that all is well with you and that your heart is full of joy, knowing our Lord returns soon. Look around and see all the signs. Even the U.S. is barely helping Israel, but ISIS is running rampant and the President of the U.S. is doing nothing, it seems. He should raise his arm against the infidels, but he just sits by hoping that Islam shall rule the U.S. too! He used to be Islamic too, so he's fine with letting them take over the world. He sure doesn't seem to be doing much about it considering how severe it is. Surely the Lord Jesus will return soon to rescue us from this.

I'm sorry, I was just venting! So what have you been up to? I know you love me just like Jesus taught us. I can feel it in your words. I am so blessed. But know that you are loved also!! Be worry-free and full of joy! So where is the neck of your woods?? I mean, where do you live? I didn't get to call Mark Seasigh this weekend. The weekend flew by. Don't they all? I tell you, they are the fastest two days of the week!! I will call him soon. Do you want me to let him know that you miss him?! He was quite engaging on this TOL site. It's too bad that he got permanently banned.

Well, I'd best get going for now. Let God maintain the peace and joy in your life.

May He Be In Your Heart Forever!!

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel: :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael, Don’t fret over using direct language with me. My concern is far less with how you phrase your responses, than with the clear intent to almost trivialize what I see as major issues in your revisionist doctrines.

I am a bit busy right now here in the land of Geishas and sushi, but I hope to have more time in a few days.

Dear DavisBJ,

Are you saying that you like sushi? Wow, I've never had it. I'm afraid to try it. I can hardly imagine eating raw fish. I do love cooked fish, though. What's the best sushi to try first? Possibly salmon would be the easiest thing I could handle. But what kind of salmon sushi would be best? Do you have a favorite?

Thanks for being so kind to me in your response here. I don't mean to use harsh language, but you bring out the best in me. LOL!!! I'm joking, of course. But I do love you, so don't you worry!! I talked to 6days recently and we still cannot help but believe that God created everything in 6 days. If He can create a Universe, or galaxy, the sky is the limit for Him. He created Orion, Pleiades, etc., He can do anything that the Universe would require. He can created black holes, if He likes. Do you think there were black holes back when He first created the Universe? You know it says and the evening and the morning were the 1st day, etc., up to 6th day. And on the 7th day, He rested. He did that to let man know to rest a day and not work every day, but to take a rest every 6 days. Most of us take two days off a week and even that is not long enough!!

Well, I'll get going and post to you again soon. I'm trying to post to ALL of my good friends this evening and yesterday evening. Start a new day 2morrow, and make it count!!

Much Love And Warm Wishes,

Michael

:wave2: :thumb: :angel: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Daniel1611,

Hey Buddy!! What have you been up to? Do you still believe NASA has been keeping things from us? Daniel, it's not true as far as I know. I have been to the site you told me and I see how they twist things to make other things seem untrue, even though they are. It almost got me believing them. But yes, I do think NASA is telling the truth, even though I wondered there for a bit. The U.S. flag is still on the moon. And yes, our spacecraft went by PLUTO a few days ago. What a LOOOOOOOONG way!! They showed pictures of it. Looks like they were wrong in not considering Pluto as our 9th planet from the Sun. They were saying before that it wasn't a planet. Now they know they were wrong. What have you heard regarding it? Tell me more about the things you believe in. It is very interesting indeed. I'm going to put you on my Friends' Wall. I hope you won't mind. You might already be there. Take good care of yourself and please keep in touch.

Much Love Coming Your Way!!

Michael

:angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Hey Alwight,

Que pasa? How're you doing buddy?!! Hope you are feeling fine 2nite. All is going really well here. I think we hit 107 today. I had stuffed shells with vodka and ricotta cheese this evening for dinner. There was a new thread that I wanted to tell you about. The name of the thread is "Scientist - All the Evidences Suggest That We Are Alone in the Universe." The OP author is 'I Ain't No Monkey'. See his original post there and check out both videos. The 2nd one could be very helpful to you. It might be interesting. Anyway, let me know what you think about it. Hey, I am a hopeless YEC since I talked with 6days yesterday or so. You see, alwight, in our Bible, it says that God created everything in 6 days, and rested on the 7th day. Now it says He made the Earth, and then also the stars, on different days. It says He created them in the same week that He created man/woman. So He did all of this in six days. Isn't it awesome? I mean, if you can create the Heaven in one day, that is a lot. Creating the Universe in one day. It would take someone magnificent to do it. And still, we haven't extincted ourselves down here, at the rate we are going. All of that is due to God's handiwork. He's going to step in again and do something about it all. Post back to me and let me know how you liked Monkey's OP. I think he did a FINE job!!

Much Care And Consideration For You, Al!!

Michael

:thumb: :cloud9: :angel: :guitar: :singer:

Last edited:

alwight

Hey Alwight,

Que pasa? How're you doing buddy?!! Hope you are feeling fine 2nite. All is going really well here. I think we hit 107 today. I had stuffed shells with vodka and ricotta cheese this evening for dinner. There was a new thread that I wanted to tell you about. I will go now and find out the name of it, and be right back.

Wonderful Blessings,

Michael
Hi Michael, it's nothing like 107 here, in fact it's not even warm.
:)

DavisBJ

… our spacecraft went by PLUTO a few days ago. What a LOOOOOOOONG way!! They showed pictures of it. Looks like they were wrong in not considering Pluto as our 9th planet from the Sun.
Pluto flyby (closest approach) is scheduled for today (July 14). See NASA TV for info and live coverage.

The classification of Pluto as a minor planet is not being revisited. A good short book on why Pluto got demoted is Neil Degrasse Tyson’s “The Pluto Files”.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Michael, it's nothing like 107 here, in fact it's not even warm.
:)

Alwight! I can believe it. I am very sorry for you, but it shouldn't be so bad. It is warm here but it's not too bad either. The weather is going beserk like God is trying to tell us all something! I've noticed how we broke records in May of this year for being the rainiest May ever on record {in 100 years}. We got almost a whole year's worth of rain just in May. Cool, eh? I hope you are enjoying your cool weather, but I know you all really want the 85's and 90's around now, so you can go get a tan, go swimming, go boating, and fishing. Hey, I lived in a place just like you called Westland, Michigan, USA. I was born in Dearborn, Michigan in 1955. You fish too, don't you? I used to fish every summer. I think I grew out of it after coming here. Hey, don't worry about going off-topic here. This is my thread. It's allowed. Too much work and no play, makes no fun!! Heeeehee! Will close for now. Enjoy yourself as much as you can each day, Al. You do know that my Dad's name was Al {Albert}. Isn't that a coincidence?? And my Mom's name was 6days! Just joking there. It was Betty! Al, see Post #10646.

Much Love, Mate, and Cheerio!!

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :angel: :thumb:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pluto flyby (closest approach) is scheduled for today (July 14). See NASA TV for info and live coverage.

The classification of Pluto as a minor planet is not being revisited. A good short book on why Pluto got demoted is Neil Degrasse Tyson’s “The Pluto Files”.

Dear DavisBJ,

Well, good to hear from you, dude!! Yes, I've been keeping up with Pluto for the past week. So what are you saying, DavisBJ? They don't consider Pluto as one of the other planets, like Mercury, Venus, Neptune, etc. What is a minor planet? Neptune? Uranus? Mercury? What a bummer!! Well, I'm not going to read Neil's book on Pluto, but I do thank you for the heads up. There's not much time for me to do that. I do read fast though. 500 wpm. I took speed reading in high school. I look at a paragraph instead of a word. I also typed 122 wpm, with 3 mistakes. I was in the World's Fastest Typist Contest in 1977 in New York (Manhattan). I lived on Manhattan for a while; 6mos. there and 6mos. on Staten Island. They had TV cameras and all of us each had a typewriter. And wouldn't you know it. The space bar was on the top part of the keyboard. Is that a bummer or what. I would have had a chance, but that screwed the whole thing up for me. Never heard of such a kind of typewriter. What a ripoff!!

Well, it sounds like you've got some good work history under your belt. Be sure to check out that video that I mentioned to Alwight. It's the second one down on the thread from "I ain't no monkey." It's called 'Scientist - All the Evidences Suggest That We Are Alone in the Universe.' It's the OP. Well, will chat with you again soon Davis! It is 2:30a.m. here in Phoenix, AZ. Gettin' late!!

Ciao!!

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :thumb: :angel:

everready

Without going into detail I've heard that the man on the moon story was just that a story, don't ask me ask Google. Seems there's a radiation belt around our planet that keeps us on this planet, i think its called the Van Allen Belt.

everready

DavisBJ

The Pretend Brother

The Pretend Brother

Dear DavisBJ,

... So what are you saying, DavisBJ? They don't consider Pluto as one of the other planets, like Mercury, Venus, Neptune, etc. What is a minor planet? Neptune? Uranus? Mercury? What a bummer!! Well, I'm not going to read Neil's book on Pluto, but I do thank you for the heads up...

Michael
Michael, I question the value of giving you information that you have readily available to you, but won’t actually take the time to avail yourself of. But I will humor you this time.

For technical reasons that are too involved for this forum, up till now the actual size of Pluto has been very difficult to determine accurately. The just-completed flyby filled that gap. Pluto is just a bit bigger than had been expected. But not much.

For comparison, Mercury, our smallest “real” planet is twice as big around as Pluto is. That means Pluto’s volume is only one-eighth that of Mercury. Pluto is way smaller than any of the real planets.

The first 4 planets – Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars – are all relatively small rocky bodies (but much bigger than Pluto). The next 4 planets are called the gas giants, all of them being massively bigger than any of the first 4 planets. The gas giants are, as the name implies, basically huge balls of gas, with no solid surface. Pluto is primarily an ice ball, not very much like any of the inner 8 planets in composition.

All 8 planets have their orbits pretty much in the ecliptic plane. That means if you watched from the side, all the orbits would lie almost in a flat disk. But Pluto’s orbit takes it appreciably above and below the ecliptic plane. It either formed by processes different than the inner 8 planets, or something greatly altered it’s orbit.

The orbits of the inner 8 planets are nearly circular (with apologies to Kepler’s ellipses). Pluto is an oddball, with it’s orbit much more elongated than the inner 8 planets. For more than a dozen earth years in each orbit, Pluto is closer to the Sun than is the outermost planet, Neptune.

Pluto is a dirty housekeeper. All of the inner planets, over the eons, have “cleaned” most of the junk out of their orbits. If you take all the small debris that is still basically within earth’s orbit, it would total only a small fraction of the mass of the earth (similarly for the other planets). But in Pluto’s case, Pluto’s mass is only a small part of the mass that is still orbiting in the same general orbital distance.

There are good indications that beyond Pluto, but still orbiting the Sun, are an immense number of other bodies, some probably larger than Pluto.

So all in all, there are good reasons to think that Pluto is not a regular native member of the Solar family. Kinda like having a little brother who is 28 years old, 18 inches tall, with 4 arms, a cyclops, with gills and fins, can fly, but declares he should be considered just a regular kid in your family.

Nope, he got voted out of the family.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then why did you say:

When in fact the spacecraft is still approaching Pluto, and has not yet gone by it?

Dear DavisBJ,

Hey!! Yes, I just got my wires crossed. I was misinformed. Now am I correct to say that we just got as close as we're going to get to Pluto Today?? Great pics we got back also. Isn't it awesome?? And why, Davis, can't we consider Pluto as a planet?? In our Solar System? It might be smaller, but it still is there. It is like a mini-planet, even, but it still seems like we should include it. Mercury is small also. Oh well, whatever happens.

Much Love & Best Wishes, DavisBJ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no space craft going by pluto. It's all phony like everything else NASA says.

Dear Daniel,

It really seems to be true, Daniel. Did you get a chance to check out those photos of Pluto?? Look it up in your browser. Just type Pluto and it should go where you can find it. It is new news.

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Without going into detail I've heard that the man on the moon story was just that a story, don't ask me ask Google. Seems there's a radiation belt around our planet that keeps us on this planet, i think its called the Van Allen Belt.

everready

Dear everready,

The man on the moon, like Buzz Aldrin being on the moon, was not just a story. Are you saying that Google says different? And the Van Allen Belt is causing our gravity? Could be. I've heard of that Belt also, but I don't know too much about it. I can go find out though. I do believe that the U.S. sent 3 men to the moon. Is that what you mean??

Michael

:angel: :cloud9: :guitar: :thumb: :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Michael, I question the value of giving you information that you have readily available to you, but won’t actually take the time to avail yourself of. But I will humor you this time.

For technical reasons that are too involved for this forum, up till now the actual size of Pluto has been very difficult to determine accurately. The just-completed flyby filled that gap. Pluto is just a bit bigger than had been expected. But not much.

Davis, thank you for giving me the information that you have. I am not so sure that I would know how to find out all of the information you've bestowed upon this thread for me to learn. So Pluto is pretty dang small, eh? And it's orbit is different than the other planets. Well, I can understand then, why they don't want to include it.

For comparison, Mercury, our smallest “real” planet is twice as big around as Pluto is. That means Pluto’s volume is only one-eighth that of Mercury. Pluto is way smaller than any of the real planets.

The first 4 planets – Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars – are all relatively small rocky bodies (but much bigger than Pluto). The next 4 planets are called the gas giants, all of them being massively bigger than any of the first 4 planets. The gas giants are, as the name implies, basically huge balls of gas, with no solid surface. Pluto is primarily an ice ball, not very much like any of the inner 8 planets in composition.

So Mercury is twice the size of Pluto. I guess I can expect that. So the first four planets are rocky. Then Neptune and Uranus are gas giants? Very interesting! How can Saturn hold together like it does, if it is a gas giant. And same with Jupiter. Now, I do believe you, that they are gaseous planets. Saturn is just breathtaking. It is so beautiful and has God's bow around it, just like the rainbow that He brings on the Earth. So very interesting!!

All 8 planets have their orbits pretty much in the ecliptic plane. That means if you watched from the side, all the orbits would lie almost in a flat disk. But Pluto’s orbit takes it appreciably above and below the ecliptic plane. It either formed by processes different than the inner 8 planets, or something greatly altered it’s orbit.

The orbits of the inner 8 planets are nearly circular (with apologies to Kepler’s ellipses). Pluto is an oddball, with it’s orbit much more elongated than the inner 8 planets. For more than a dozen earth years in each orbit, Pluto is closer to the Sun than is the outermost planet, Neptune.

So Pluto's orbit is wacky, eh?? It's awesome that the inner 8 planets have a similar orbit!! You must agree that there is some source of a God that had to create all of these phenomena. With a 'Big Bang', how could 8 planets conveniently orbit a Sun with such fine tuning without a Creator or Intelligent Being, or whatever you want to call Him. You think that all of this just happened magically. The whole Universe, including our galaxy, is so finely-tuned and excellently designed precision. Davis, How can there not be a God?? Do you think the Big Bang could cause such a phenomena as 8 planets circling a Sun. And the first two planets closest to the Sun have no moons yet. But from Earth and outwards, all of the planets have moons. What do you make of this?

Pluto is a dirty housekeeper. All of the inner planets, over the eons, have “cleaned” most of the junk out of their orbits. If you take all the small debris that is still basically within earth’s orbit, it would total only a small fraction of the mass of the earth (similarly for the other planets). But in Pluto’s case, Pluto’s mass is only a small part of the mass that is still orbiting in the same general orbital distance.

There are good indications that beyond Pluto, but still orbiting the Sun, are an immense number of other bodies, some probably larger than Pluto.

So all in all, there are good reasons to think that Pluto is not a regular native member of the Solar family. Kinda like having a little brother who is 28 years old, 18 inches tall, with 4 arms, a cyclops, with gills and fins, can fly, but declares he should be considered just a regular kid in your family.

Nope, he got voted out of the family.

Aha! I can see what you mean. Pluto is so unusual compared to the other planets. A real rebel. Are the moons of Pluto smaller than Pluto or larger? I may have to search for that answer, if they even know it yet. They must know now since they came within around 1,776 miles away from it today. It's so hard to believe such a small rocky body could have any moons. Even when Mercury and Venus don't have any moons. Earth starts things off with one moon for one planet.

Well Buddy, I have to go for now, but I'll be back here in a couple hours. I haven't even had dinner yet. You take good care of yourself and let us be friends!! May God Bless You Anyway!

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :guitar: :thumb:

alwight

Dear everready,

The man on the moon, like Buzz Aldrin being on the moon, was not just a story. Are you saying that Google says different? And the Van Allen Belt is causing our gravity? Could be. I've heard of that Belt also, but I don't know too much about it. I can go find out though. I do believe that the U.S. sent 3 men to the moon. Is that what you mean??

Michael

:angel: :cloud9: :guitar: :thumb: :rapture:
Hi Michael,
I am reminded of the expression about the "blind leading the blind" here.
First of all the Van Allen Belts are particles of energetic charged particles that do pose a threat to satellites, yet there they are up there in orbit giving us excellent communications and GPS.
There is a perceived risk to astronauts as they pass through them but any radiation they received was for a very short time and they had built in protection to shield them from most of it.
On their return the amount of radiation they actually absorbed was rather less than is allowed for those who work in the nuclear industry over a year here on earth.

everready, although with probably no interest in science at all, may however accept that gravity is the attraction of matter to matter. In our case our bodies are held down to the Earth by it, matter to matter, nothing to do with the Van Allen Belts.
everready however seems to think that we are trapped inside them and can't get out, which is simply not true. People have been able to go to many places that, without protection and life support, are otherwise hostile to us.
I believe that about a dozen men have walked on the moon. I remember Apollo 13 was a near disaster which had to abort the Luna landing because it needed to use the lander motor to get back to Earth, it was drama and reality TV of its time, not part of some NASA evil plot to misinform the world. :nono:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Michael,
I am reminded of the expression about the "blind leading the blind" here.
First of all the Van Allen Belts are particles of energetic charged particles that do pose a threat to satellites, yet there they are up there in orbit giving us excellent communications and GPS.
There is a perceived risk to astronauts as they pass through them but any radiation they received was for a very short time and they had built in protection to shield them from most of it.
On their return the amount of radiation they actually absorbed was rather less than is allowed for those who work in the nuclear industry over a year here on earth.

everready, although with probably no interest in science at all, may however accept that gravity is the attraction of matter to matter. In our case our bodies are held down to the Earth by it, matter to matter, nothing to do with the Van Allen Belts.
everready however seems to think that we are trapped inside them and can't get out, which is simply not true. People have been able to go to many places that, without protection and life support, are otherwise hostile to us.
I believe that about a dozen men have walked on the moon. I remember Apollo 13 was a near disaster which had to abort the Luna landing because it needed to use the lander motor to get back to Earth, it was drama and reality TV of its time, not part of some NASA evil plot to misinform the world. :nono:

Dear Alwight,

Hey Excellent Buddy!! How are YOU doing? A nice, big post from you. Cool!! Sounds like we do not have to even know the Van Allen Belts even exist, since they don't affect as much as I thought. Also, I am remembering that there were other visits of lunar missions. Was Sally Ride also going to the moon? Or the space station. Either way, it is all going on and it is not a lie. So Pluto actually is being photographed still, probably as we speak. Isn't it cool that we have come this far? Maybe it is sunrise or afternoon for Pluto. Does our Sun's light even reach Pluto? Maybe a tad, eh? It probably looks like a bright star in the sky, like the way Venus looks like to us here on Earth.

Well, I wasn't the greatest Chemist in the world, but I did great in Human Physiology. It was a premed class. I wanted to be a doctor until I found out they had to go to school for a long time and go into great debt to pay for school. So then, I decided I would like to be a Pharmacist. Then, they told me it was the same deal with that as it was with being a doctor. I should have thought to be a nurse. They are in great demand now and the pay is great, etc. Anyway, back to Chemistry, I used to get C's sometimes, because it was too hard. But I learned a lot there. Just the chemical equations were sometimes hard to deal with. Now in math, I did well. I took Merit Algebra Trig. and that, I could understand. So I got all A's in that class. We used to correct the teacher when they screwed up on their calculations. He was a wonderful teacher too!! Hey, Al, how long does it take for the light of the Sun to get to shine on Pluto? Or even Earth, for that matter. Aren't they both light-years away from each other?

Well, Alwight, I guess I will get going for now. Hope to hear from you soon.

May All Peace And Joy Come Upon You!!

Michael

:angel: :angel: :cloud9: :guitar: :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.