Scene from a homosexual "wedding"

TracerBullet

Yep.

But we all know that just because something is declared "legal" does not make it less shameful.

Pedophiles like to market the "love" word too.
And fornicators.
And adulterers.
And wife beaters.
etc.

It's not illegal to falsely try to associate gays with pedophiles just to try and justify hate. (Racists have been playing the same tactic for generation falsely associating blacks with rape.) It's not illegal but it is incredibly shameful.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not illegal to falsely try to associate gays with pedophiles
You need to shut your pie-hole and stop right there.
I no more associated homos with pedophiles than I associated wife beaters with pedophiles or adulterers with pedophiles.
They just all happened to be on the list of folks that use the word "love" to justify what they do.

glorydaz

I no more associated homos with pedophiles than I associated wife beaters with pedophiles or adulterers with pedophiles.
They just all happened to be on the list of folks that use the word "love" to justify what they do.

:first:

quip

BANNED
Banned

Sorta like..."love" the sinner, hate the sin?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorta like..."love" the sinner, hate the sin?
You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

Do you actually feel that having sex with others besides your spouse is acceptable as long as you "love" those others?
Or beating your wife is acceptable as long as you "love" your wife?
Or that having sex with your child is acceptable as long as you "love" your child?

Would you actually cheer them on with chants and banners of "Love wins!" ?

Quetzal

My beliefs do not dictate anything from you.

You think my beliefs are icky.
Get over it.

See how that works?
Right, but if your beliefs become concrete in other forms, they can constrict how others live their lives. Mine do not. In short, if enough of you nut jobs get in a position of power it can become dangerous.

Quetzal

You are assuming that morality is a strictly private matter. As late as the 1940s-'60s in the US, many private immoral acts were also illegal. You are arguing from the 1970s pro-individual perspective, which is an historically recent purview with many bad results (private acts wind up becoming public with full public consequences, as in no-fault divorce, slapping kids in daycare nearly as soon as they're born, etc.).

Also, since your view comes from the 1970s, why does gay marriage need the recognition of the state? (the whole 1970s view was, "I''ll be my own judge, thank you; I don't need any recognition from the state". Funny, how things have changed. :mock:)
Wrong, I am saying the topic of this morality is a private matter. There is a difference.

glorydaz

Right, but if your beliefs become concrete in other forms, they can constrict how others live their lives. Mine do not. In short, if enough of you nut jobs get in a position of power it can become dangerous.

There will come a day when righteousness will reign and then we won't have to worry about hearing evil being called good and good being called evil. So you'd best enjoy the little time you have......

Quetzal

There will come a day when righteousness will reign and then we won't have to worry about hearing evil being called good and good being called evil. So you'd best enjoy the little time you have......
You have been waiting a long time and it may yet come. But, in the mean time, I see no reason to change my course of action.

glorydaz

You have been waiting a long time and it may yet come. But, in the mean time, I see no reason to change my course of action.

I don't know what your particular "course of action" is but what you believe matters a great deal since no one is guaranteed tomorrow.

Granite

Hall of Fame

The "wait and see till I get my way" defense is used by losers.