Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A "true Believer" hears the Grace Message, places ALL their faith in
Christ and none in themselves. Once they place their faith in Christ,
they are sealed, indwelt and baptized (not by water) into the Body
of Christ by the Holy Spirit. That's how one becomes a child of God.

achduke

A "true Believer" hears the Grace Message, places ALL their faith in
Christ and none in themselves. Once they place their faith in Christ,
they are sealed, indwelt and baptized (not by water) into the Body
of Christ by the Holy Spirit. That's how one becomes a child of God.

I agree with this. Never said I did not.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Did Christ create ALL that is?
You are probably using the word Christ and God as interchangeable.

I define the word Christ as an anointed Messiah figure that was understood in the first century to be a military king who would rescue the Jews from foreign domination on the battlefield.

I believe God is responsible for creation and for Jesus being born and living on earth.

I do not accept the theology of John's gospel which indicates Jesus existed before creation, although I can certainly understand it and agree with its ultimate meaning.

I tend to follow the theologies of the other three gospel writers, even though many of their views are quite different from each other.

StanJ

Brother,

You are wasting your time responding to GM and StanJ. You should put them on ignore.

they are the troll, not you.

Poor meshak...have I not been paying enough attention to you? Maybe you should put me on ignore so you don't have to wreck yourself when you read my posts.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I do not try and harmonize any biblical discrepancies by twisting opposite verses into some pretzel-like affair to try and make both sides the literal truth.

In the case of Jesus' claims to divinity contradicting his other assertions that he himself was a "Son of Man" or "Son of Adam," I choose to see there are at least two traditions found in the Bible.

...and because they are in the Bible I try and look at both of them honestly and take both traditions seriously.

StanJ

I do not try and harmonize any biblical discrepancies by twisting opposite verses into some pretzel-like affair to try and make both sides the literal truth.

In the case of Jesus' claims to divinity contradicting his other assertions that he himself was a "Son of Man" or "Son of Adam," I choose to see there are at least two traditions found in the Bible.

...and because they are in the Bible I try and look at both of them honestly and take both traditions seriously.

Good for you, and this is the basis of how one SHOULD read the Bible. If all of it is true, which we believe, then it needs to be treated as such, which means Jesus is not JUST the Son of God and that the Father is His Father, but that He is ALSO God incarnate. Something that is not hard at all for our TRUE God to be.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Good for you, and this is the basis of how one SHOULD read the Bible. If all of it is true, which we believe, then it needs to be treated as such, which means Jesus is not JUST the Son of God and that the Father is His Father, but that He is ALSO God incarnate. Something that is not hard at all for our TRUE God to be.

Good post.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Poor meshak...have I not been paying enough attention to you? Maybe you should put me on ignore so you don't have to wreck yourself when you read my posts.

Meshak rejects MOST of the Bible and only trusts in the red letters
in Matthew and Mark. She despises Paul.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You see discrepancies because you don't know how to 'Rightly Divide"
the Bible.