What is the express image of God?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I most likely am closer to the JW's than to your church Stan. But I belong to no church because I can not find one that try's to keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus Christ.

Do you know of one that might fulfill those standards?

" trying....trying...trying" that's right you admit that you do not keep the commandments, these others are more righteous than you for they believe that salvation is not in keeping commandments but in believing.

keypurr

" trying....trying...trying" that's right you admit that you do not keep the commandments, these others are more righteous than you for they believe that salvation is not in keeping commandments but in believing.

I did not mention salvation did I?

I only keep the commandments because I love God. I do not expect anything in return for he has already given me much.
They are not a burden to me Totton. And if I fail in trying my savour has paid the price for me.

StanJ

Show me in the Tanach what you mean. You should know by now that I am not a Christian but a Jew.

Which is EXACTLY why I responded the way I did. This is a Christian Forum Ben...we don't use the TaNaK, we use the Bible.
We also use the LXX, which is the OLDEST extant TaNaK in existence.
It was the scriptures that Jesus, the Apostles and the High Priests used in the days of the last Temple.

keypurr

What is the express image of God?

This is my thread Totton and your welcome to post as you wish as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

StanJ

This is my thread Totton and your welcome to post as you wish as far as I am concerned.

It's not YOUR thread. You may be the OP but the thread is not yours to control the normal rule for a forum is to STAY on topic. The OWNER is TOL but as you have always been on the losing end of things here, it's not surprising you would want someone to deflect the issue.

keypurr

It's not YOUR thread. You may be the OP but the thread is not yours to control the normal rule for a forum is to STAY on topic. The OWNER is TOL but as you have always been on the losing end of things here, it's not surprising you would want someone to deflect the issue.

That is true, but I started it. So stop telling folks what they and can not post on this thread. Mr Knight has people to do that. They do not need or want your help.

The OP on this thread is What is the express image of God?

You should stick to that topic or get off it. Stop trying to bully folks, it won't work here Stan.

StanJ

That is true, but I started it. So stop telling folks what they and can not post on this thread. Mr Knight has people to do that. They do not need or want your help.
The OP on this thread is What is the express image of God?
You should stick to that topic or get off it. Stop trying to bully folks, it won't work here Stan.

Don't really care if you started it...I just know you'll use the issue to deflect and equivocate as you have already done, so I won't engage Totton.
They actually do want help as they can't keep up with all the crap that people post, which is why they have a report button.
Is the issue the OP or not keypurr? If you tell me here it is then you should tell everyone it is, but obviously you want diversions to take away from you lies which you have been perpetuating here and on others threads for years. It wasn't me who said it was OK for Totton to take it off topic and now you accuse me of bullying by telling him that very thing?
You are quite the :loser:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Cornucopia.....

Cornucopia.....

Any more opinions on What is the express image of God?

Perhaps the subject has already been exhausted? :)

An 'image' is always a reflection, representation of some-thing or some-being......it is an out-picturing, expression, mirroring of some original reality. In this case all the scriptures speaking of Jesus being the 'image' of 'God' hold,....even as we can say we are 'images' of 'God', especially when we reflect, represent and express his original nature, being and will. No matter how you spin your 'Christology',...Jesus is still the image of the invisible God, who represents to us the perfection of both human and divine natures, both humanity and divinity. Again, here you can choose whatever school best suits your philosophical proclivities, but the essential 'image' concept remains to include a variety of correlaries. Things beyond the essential concept become an exercise in 'hair-splitting' or comparing apples with oranges....but you still end up just arranging items in the same 'fruit-basket' :):p;)

God who is universal consciousness,.... projects, reflects and inflects images of all kinds, since all creation is the product of His imagination. This is all creation is,....a reflectivity and continuous evolution of his creative MIND, enlivened by His creative Spirit. One must take 'God' in his most 'essential' and 'universal' reality, and then expand out from there,....never from just a 'particular' image or concept, but to the very 'source' of all images and concepts.

'Christ' as the 'logos' is simply the 'creative thought', 'divine wisdom', 'articulator' of God's creation, since thru the 'logos' all things spring into being and that same 'logos' undergirds, upholds and directs the entire cosmos. - this goes whether you 'personalize' this principle or hold it as an impersonal coordinator, or a combination of both,.....enjoy whatever 'Christology' conveys the most important or significant meanings relative to Jesus mission, serving as the 'Agent' and 'Anointed' of 'God'. Furthermore, the 'Christ' or 'logos' also comes to indwell us, conforming us to God's image, likeness, will. All these allegories, metaphors, figurative impressions relate the essentials of souls having a spiritual experience of being 'in Christ'. The outer symbols reflect the inner movement of the soul and spirit in its journey and transformation in God-consciousness.

pj