Donald Trump will WIN BIG!

bybee

Hmm... serial adulterer, serial bankruptcies getting rich while losing other people's money, birther conspiracies, hates minorities.

Yeah, maybe so.

I believe you are as guilty of petty half truths and nuanced statements as any in the conservative nut job camp?
All of those at either end of the political spectrum have more in common than those of us in the middle who like to operate from a sane and factual and respect for the law perspective.
Trump is having some surprising success.
But then, Obama won the election twice. Nothing the American electorate does is a surprise anymore.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe you are as guilty of petty half truths and nuanced statements as any in the conservative nut job camp?

I am fairly sure when he spreads the rumor that Trump "hates minorities" he knows it is a flat out lie, rather than a half truth.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

I hope not.

I am fairly sure when he spreads the rumor that Trump "hates minorities" he knows it is a flat out lie, rather than a half truth.

Sheriff Arpaio doesn't seem to think so. The Sheriff, who now faces contempt of court charges, stemming from his refusal to obey a court order to stop illegal racial profiling, has endorsed Trump.

Birds of a feather.

Arizona's top Republicans are snubbing Donald Trump as he prepares to bring his surging GOP presidential campaign and brash talk on immigration to Phoenix.

U.S. Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake and Gov. Doug Ducey will not attend the Saturday event — now set for the Phoenix Convention Center — hosted by the Republican Party of Maricopa County and featuring Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Flake on Thursday blasted Trump, the celebrity real-estate mogul who has drawn fire for saying Mexican immigrants bring crime and drugs to the United States, and contacted the Maricopa County GOP to register his disapproval.

"Donald Trump's views are coarse, ill-informed and inaccurate, and they are not representative of the Republican Party," said Flake, who with McCain was one of the authors of a bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform that passed the U.S. Senate in 2013. "As an elected Republican official, I'm disappointed the county party would host a speaker that so damages the party's image."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ona-gop-establishment-phoenix-visit/29949337/

"Sadly the American dream is dead," Trump said at the end of his speech,

I had a student a few years back, who could barely speak English. His parents had almost no English. He was bright and worked hard; he helped his dad do drywall in the summer, a tough job, often in brutal heat. He made Honor Society, was top 5% in his graduating class, and is now doing great as an engineering student at A&M. I point to that as proof that the American dream is alive and well.

But Trump points to such things as evidence that the dream is dead.

You decide.

I will concede that it may be that trump doesn't really hate minorities, and is just stirring up racial conflict in a bid to gain political advantage. Does it really matter?

bybee

I hope not.

Sheriff Arpaio doesn't seem to think so. The Sheriff, who now faces contempt of court charges, stemming from his refusal to obey a court order to stop illegal racial profiling, has endorsed Trump.

Birds of a feather.

Arizona's top Republicans are snubbing Donald Trump as he prepares to bring his surging GOP presidential campaign and brash talk on immigration to Phoenix.

U.S. Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake and Gov. Doug Ducey will not attend the Saturday event — now set for the Phoenix Convention Center — hosted by the Republican Party of Maricopa County and featuring Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Flake on Thursday blasted Trump, the celebrity real-estate mogul who has drawn fire for saying Mexican immigrants bring crime and drugs to the United States, and contacted the Maricopa County GOP to register his disapproval.

"Donald Trump's views are coarse, ill-informed and inaccurate, and they are not representative of the Republican Party," said Flake, who with McCain was one of the authors of a bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform that passed the U.S. Senate in 2013. "As an elected Republican official, I'm disappointed the county party would host a speaker that so damages the party's image."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ona-gop-establishment-phoenix-visit/29949337/

I am not a fan of "The Donald" but really, has he said anything patently untrue? Sometimes it is not the thing that is said but the way it is said that causes problems.
The Republican party hasn't done a thing to make a difference lately.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I am not a fan of "The Donald" but really, has he said anything patently untrue?

Yes, he has. The vast majority of Mexicans here illegally, behave themselves, work hard, and enrich this country. A (republican, BTW) state comptroller for Texas, did an investigation that showed that illegal aliens add billions of dollars annually to the Texas economy. And that was in 2006.

State Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn fired the first shot with a recent report that, for some, says the unthinkable: Illegal immigrants not only pay their fair share in taxes, but they are also good for the economy.

"The absence of 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas . . .would have been a loss to our gross state product of $17.7 billion," Strayhorn said in a statement. Overall, the report said, illegal immigrants put about $420 million more into state coffers than they take out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/14/AR2006121401552.html

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I am not a fan of "The Donald" but really, has he said anything patently untrue? Sometimes it is not the thing that is said but the way it is said that causes problems.
The Republican party hasn't done a thing to make a difference lately.

the best you can say is
it is a cheap shot
the small minds of our country want to blame their situation on those coming over the border
he leaves the impression that we are worse off because of the mexicans
when
the exact opposite is true
most of them are hard workers getting low wages
jeb got it right
it is an
act of love

bybee

the best you can say is
it is a cheap shot
the small minds of our country want to blame their situation on those coming over the border
he leaves the impression that we are worse off because of the mexicans
when
the exact opposite is true
most of them are hard workers getting low wages
jeb got it right
it is an
act of love

I agree. In the main, Loving, industrious family folks. I'd like to see a way to not disrupt people who have, under tremendous hardships, managed to work and be good citizens. Sometimes we must offer amnesty. Let the past be forgiven and begin anew.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Ronald Reagan realized that Republican presidential candidates require a "big tent," inclusive approach if they have any hope of reoccupying the White House.

This "redneck," anti-Hispanic approach may be popular with the conservative base but will make for an awful small GOP "tent" in November 2016.

The real problem is that unless the more credible Republican presidential candidates speak out and distance themselves from Trump's extremist views, they and the party will be be seen as harbouring the same beliefs.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

Ronald Reagan realized that Republican presidential candidates require a "big tent," inclusive approach if they have any hope of reoccupying the White House.

This "redneck," anti-Hispanic approach may be popular with the conservative base but will make for an awful small GOP "tent" in November 2016.

The real problem is that unless the more credible Republican presidential candidates speak out and distance themselves from Trump's extremist views, they and the party will be be seen as harbouring the same beliefs.

that is exactly why I think trump has a deal with hillary

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
you won't believe this
I don't believe this

I had to give him a positive rep for this

I don't think it will happen again

I hope not. As I read this, it got dark outside, and there was thunder in the distance.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
How soon we forget.

Primaries are forums where the nation awards the presidential crown to the latest up-and-coming politician who is running.

These little kings are soon eclipsed by a new and better "little king."

This is the pattern. This has always been the pattern.

I am curious what prevents folks from remembering history and taking a wider view of things?

"Trump will make a good president." Next it will be somebody else. And shortly, someone else again.

As Obama's rise and election proves, we should not count anyone out and basically it ain't over till it's over."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Billionaire real estate mogul Donald Trump re-tweeted and then deleted an ugly remark about the Mexican wife of fellow 2016 Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush.

Over several hours of the weekend, subscribers to Trump’s account on Twitter could read: “#Jeb Bush has to like Mexican illegals because of his Mexican wife.”
http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepo...s-rant-against-mexican-immigrants/#33713101=0

What a sleazy excuse for an American.

Nazaroo

We believe that the Clinton Team and/or others might order elements
under their control in the CIA to "neutralize" Trump.

"neutralize" can mean anything from discredit to treaten, blackmail, or even kill.

A former CIA Black Op agent has already spoken out on the political use
of CIA resources for neutralizing opponents:

Skip to 1:02:50 (1 hr, 2 mins, 50 sec) into this interview,
to hear how CIA agent was ordered to "neutralize" Perot,
by Bush in 1991, and he refused.
In that case, they threatened Perot's daughter, and he dropped out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHV68fjDiCE

zoo22

I'd like to make a wager with THall: if Trump wins (at all, let alone "big"), I'll leave TOL. If Trump doesn't win (and of course Trump won't win), THall leaves TOL. No new registration, no sock puppets, just leave. Why? Because I can't stand THall; I think he's a blowhard.

Sounds good and fair to me. How about it? Heck, I'll throw in a donation to the charity of THall's choice on my way out.

I will bet Trump wins the Republican Nomination.
This man has struck a chord with most fair minded
patriotic Americans, and has the smartest crew
assembled compared to any of the current candidates.

Want to take that bet? loser donates $100.00 to the
other's charity of choice and leaves TOL permanently.

You are the blowhard Zoo, and no real world experience to
back your smoke screen.

Take the bet or don't. It's a yes or no. I'm not going to waste my time negotiating your crap while you do your your weird gasbag dance. I made an offer, it's a simple one. You say he'll win big, then take the bet. That's all.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
We believe that the Clinton Team and/or others might order elements
under their control in the CIA to "neutralize" Trump.

"neutralize" can mean anything from discredit to treaten, blackmail, or even kill.

A former CIA Black Op agent has already spoken out on the political use
of CIA resources for neutralizing opponents:

Skip to 1:02:50 (1 hr, 2 mins, 50 sec) into this interview,
to hear how CIA agent was ordered to "neutralize" Perot,
by Bush in 1991, and he refused.
In that case, they threatened Perot's daughter, and he dropped out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHV68fjDiCE
Why would the Democrats want to "neutralize" Trump?

He embodies all the best reasons not to vote Republican!

Last edited:

RevTestament

Yes, he has. The vast majority of Mexicans here illegally, behave themselves, work hard, and enrich this country. A (republican, BTW) state comptroller for Texas, did an investigation that showed that illegal aliens add billions of dollars annually to the Texas economy. And that was in 2006.

State Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn fired the first shot with a recent report that, for some, says the unthinkable: Illegal immigrants not only pay their fair share in taxes, but they are also good for the economy.

"The absence of 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas . . .would have been a loss to our gross state product of $17.7 billion," Strayhorn said in a statement. Overall, the report said, illegal immigrants put about $420 million more into state coffers than they take out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/14/AR2006121401552.html
Don't know about that, but I was surprised to hear the Donald make such patently anti-Mexican statements. I have to think he doesn't really believe most of what he said, but is just trying to capitalize on the immigration issue.

I have to say the vast majority (or even all) the Mexicans I know work hard. One comes here every summer and does hand yard cleaning for people, and goes back to Mexico in the winter. You don't do that if you are a drug smuggler. Others work on assembly lines in production jobs and produce jobs.
However, I believe an alarming number have claimed to be "head of household" at the same residential addresses - ie rather than "married" - presumably to qualify for earned income credits and get more tax refunds.
The tax fraud is well known, but of course is not limited to Mexicans. The fly-by-night tax shops in Mexican neighborhoods were kind of infamous at one point, and I think are still an issue. Tax preparers have been known to even teach them to do it. (they are of course getting paid for additional tax returns that way)