ECT Matthew 24:3ff is spoken to the very elect of God

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Prove from the Scriptures that rewards were handed out by the Lord Jesus in 70AD.

The burden of proof is on you Jerry.

You claim the Transfiguration was the fulfillment of Matt 16:38

Matt 16:37 proves you wrong.

The only way your theory is correct is if the Lord rewarded men at the Transfiguration.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did I? I didn't know that. Thank you.

If I'm wrong about you, then please tell us that some of the people standing next to Jesus were alive when He returned.

Since you don't believe He returned while they were alive, then Yes, I am correct about what believe.

Who told you that because, you couldn't have learned it from reading the scriptures on your own?

Jesus told the Disciples what signs would take place before He came.

Everything He told them, played out exactly how He said.

Maybe, but, so what? What bearing has that bit on anything you have been brainwashed to pass on?

It proves the prophecy was fulfilled, and is not a yet future prophecy, because it's impossible it could take place in the yet future because all of those who pierced Him are dead.

The Jews, as a pharisaic religion of the present age, is what is implied; those who know about and continue to reject Jesus Christ. Any rookie knows that.

You should read the Gospel of Luke, and take note every time Jesus uses the phrase "This Generation". When you get to Luke 21:32, you'll know who Jesus is talking about.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Only the righteous are able to enter the kingdom of God; those who want to Know God and His ways in an intimate way. Only the violent of those desirous of overcoming in this life, the law of their flesh, will enter in ___ those who love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.

Do you love the Lord, tetesy?? Can you even type the words out??

Salvation is by faith and faith alone.

Yes, I love the Lord, but it is my faith in Christ Jesus that has saved me.

Danoh

Oh when the Army...:banana:

The Roman Army...:banana:

Raised the alarmy...:banana:

Raised the alarmy...:banana:

Cause Russell & Stott; are oh charmy...:cigar:

The Preterist fool comes rushing in...

:angrymob:

Cross Reference

I didn't ask about your salvation but, now that you bought it up, it seems as if you have doubt. How come that doesn't surprise me? Why? Because your confidence is not in Him but what you have been taught that speaks of something else about Him and __ not Him which only says your faith is misplaced in a doctrine. However, you did say you love Him. I take from that you believe you are one of His disciples filled with the Holy Ghost?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I didn't ask about your salvation but, now that you bought it up, it seems as if you have doubt.

Nope, no doubt. I'm part of the Body of Christ, a lively stone where the Apostles are the foundation and Christ Jesus is the cornerstone.

My citizenship is in Heaven, I'm an ambassador for Christ Jesus.

How come that doesn't surprise me? Why?

You're doing everything you can to defer the topic to making it all about me, because you can't explain the verses given to you.

Because your confidence is not in Him but what you have been taught that speaks of something else about Him and __ not Him which only says your faith is misplaced in a doctrine.

The only "misplaced doctrine" around here is the Dispensationalism/Futurism/Zionism that you parrot.

However, you did say you love Him. I take from that you believe you are one of His disciples filled with the Holy Ghost?

I am filled with the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit indwells in me. My physical body is a temple for the Holy Spirit.

Now, do you think you'll ever get around to explaining Matt 16:28?

Cross Reference

Nope, no doubt. I'm part of the Body of Christ, a lively stone where the Apostles are the foundation and Christ Jesus is the cornerstone.

My citizenship is in Heaven, I'm an ambassador for Christ Jesus.

You're doing everything you can to defer the topic to making it all about me, because you can't explain the verses given to you.

But it has been all about you and your attempts at proselytizing away from Jesus Christ to follow a very untoward doctrine.

The only "misplaced doctrine" around here is the Dispensationalism/Futurism/Zionism that you parrot.

I am not of that crowd but, you need to make it so by repeating your mantras.

I am filled with the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit indwells in me. My physical body is a temple for the Holy Spirit.

Impossible. Maybe you also believe you have been born again?

I have been all over that ground and you can't hold a steady thought in your head to remember it but only as a distraction. You got serious problems.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But it has been all about you and your attempts at proselytizing away from Jesus Christ to follow a very untoward doctrine.

I'm the one who believes exactly what Jesus said.

Jesus said some would not taste death until He returned. - I believe what He said.

Jesus said some from the generation of His contemporaries would still be alive when He returned. - I believe what He said.

In The Revelation, Jesus said He was coming soon. - I believe what He said.

Jesus told Caiaphas the High Priest that Caiaphas would see Jesus coming on the clouds of Heaven. - I believe what He said.

You don't believe any of those things Jesus said. You twist what Jesus said into a pretzel to make the things Jesus said mean they will happen in the future.

Jerry Shugart

The burden of proof is on you Jerry.

No, you are the one who said that the Lord Jesus came in 70AD and it was you who spoke the Lord rewarding men when He came.

But now you have no proof that the Lord rewarded anyone in 70AD!

No one entered the kingdom until 70AD

The Lord told His disciples to pray for the kingdom to come to the earth:

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Mt.6:10).​

According to you the kingdom came to the earth in 70AD and all who were living on the earth at that time were born again.

That never happened but you have proved that you will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous!

Sir Robert Anderson uses the unfaithfulness of Israel to explain the delay of the Lord's Jesus appearing when believers will be caught up to meet in the air:

"Israel's story may teach us something here. When the people were encamped at Sinai, Canaan lay but a few days' march across the desert. And in the second year from the Exodus, they were led to the borders of the land, and bidden to enter and take possession of it. 'But they entered not in because of unbelief'...Does not this throw light on the seeming failure of 'the hope of the Church'? Putting from us the profane thought that the Lord has been unmindful of His promise, are we not led to the conclusion that this long delay has been due to the unfaithfulness of His people upon earth?" (Anderson, Forgotten Truths [Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 1980], 83-84).​

Anderson also says: "Though the purposes of God cannot be thwarted by the sins of men, the fulfilment of them may be thus postponed. And just as the wilderness apostasy of Israel prolonged their wanderings for forty years, although Canaan was but a few days' march from Sinai, so the far more gross apostasy of Christendom has prolonged for nigh two thousand years an era which the Lord and His Apostles taught the early saints to look upon as brief" (Anderson, Misunderstood Texts of the New Testament [Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 1991], 16-17).

john w

Hall of Fame

No, it's not. Your faith is in the "fallable" "inventions" of "men"-you taught me that.

No one taught, what you teach, until you taught it. Therefore, it's false. You taught all of us on TOL that.

Cross Reference

I'm the one who believes exactly what Jesus said.

Jesus said some would not taste death until He returned. - I believe what He said.

Jesus said some from the generation of His contemporaries would still be alive when He returned. - I believe what He said.

Jesus told Caiaphas the High Priest that Caiaphas would see Jesus coming on the clouds of Heaven. - I believe what He said.

You don't believe any of those things Jesus said. You twist what Jesus said into a pretzel to make the things Jesus said mean they will happen in the future.

While it has been fun toying with you, it all must end and I must leave you to play with yourself.

Interplanner

JerryS,
I think he means in the sense that the church's first leaders are now the pillars and walls of a growing, living, dynamic temple, Eph 2B.

As for 70 AD, well, Judaism's worship system was going obsolete, but you have to admit that when the main building comes down in dust and disappears in flames that God has made an emphatic statement about the new era, right?

john w

Hall of Fame

No, the only "misplaced doctrine" around here is your satanic, anti semetic AD 70-ism/Preterism, "invented" by "fallable" "men."

No, you are filled with the "spirit" of your father, the devil, and Jack Daniels.

Now, do you think you'll ever get around to explaining why you say that your "brother" Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV?

I thought so.

Fraud. Preterist con artist.

Interplanner

JohnW,
actually these are the historic beliefs of the church until about 1840 when the Brethren tried to bridge the conflict between Protestants and Catholics over AC. (Not air conditioning! lol).

In the 1700s, a huge (14H x 20W) mural was produced in Munich on the destruction of Jerusalem. It incorporated the whole story the way sketches by Dore does. One of the interesting features is that four angels are hovering above, guiding the events, but aligned above them are four teachers: Matthew, Mark, Luke and Paul. Ie, it was understood for centuries that the DofJ was an essential event in NT theology and history.

The understanding of these things is almost non-existent today.

john w

Hall of Fame
You should spend some time in the OT, and learn some of the symbolism.

(Isaiah 19:1) A prophecy against Egypt: See, the LORD rides on a swift cloud and is coming to Egypt.

Plagiarized from RC Sproul, Gary Demar, and others.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, you are the one who said that the Lord Jesus came in 70AD and it was you who spoke the Lord rewarding men when He came.

That was my reply to your claim that Matt 16:28 refers to the Transfiguration.

Matt 16:28 cannot refer to the Transfiguration because the previous verse (Matt 16:27) tells us that Jesus hands out rewards to men for their works.

We know this didn't happen at the Transfiguration.

But that hasn't stopped you from doubling down on your theory that Matt 16:28 refers to the Transfiguration.

Yes or No Jerry? Did Jesus hand out rewards at the Transfiguration?

Danoh

JohnW,
actually these are the historic beliefs of the church until about 1840 when the Brethren tried to bridge the conflict between Protestants and Catholics over AC. (Not air conditioning! lol).

In the 1700s, a huge (14H x 20W) mural was produced in Munich on the destruction of Jerusalem. It incorporated the whole story the way sketches by Dore does. One of the interesting features is that four angels are hovering above, guiding the events, but aligned above them are four teachers: Matthew, Mark, Luke and Paul. Ie, it was understood for centuries that the DofJ was an essential event in NT theology and history.

The understanding of these things is almost non-existent today.

Because they are not important to most people.

But also, because they are not important but to those who actually believe that the actual history of any doctrine is understood through history.

Want to know about what the Lord had actually meant as to "a den of thieves" - well, pick up the writings of men, and voila; one is now an expert on Scripture's sense of such things.

Oh when the army..
The Roman army...

Cross Reference

Plagiarized from RC Sproul, Gary Demar, and others.

"And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them. In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians. In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land: Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance." Isaiah 19:22-25 (KJV)