Oregon now allows 15-year-olds to get state-subsidized ‘sex-change’ operations withou

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's a real shame that those sources do not support your post regarding homosexuals being responsible for the age of medical consent.

Again: If you were to look into which Oregon legislators voted for the legislation that has taken parental rights away, you'd find that the vast majority would belong to the political party whose platform amongst other things is pro abortion and pro homosexuality (and if you looked in even deeper, I bet that you'd find that HRC founder and accused child rapist/pederast Terry Bean contributed to that political party generously).

pqmonthlyairforce1-500x357_c0-0-500-291_s561x327.jpg

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusha
That's just nuts. Along with the above list, children should not be allowed to make life altering or medical decisions, including surgery and marriage, until they are adults.

I agree. 100%

Now that you've acknowledged on an internet forum that this legislation that takes parental rights away is insane, are you going to do anything about it in real life? (like get politically active and help elect people with traditional values).

You being an atheist and all, I get the feeling that you're not a part of the "When Jesus returns, He'll take care of this mess" crowd.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusha
That's just nuts. Along with the above list, children should not be allowed to make life altering or medical decisions, including surgery and marriage, until they are adults.

Now that you've acknowledged on an internet forum that this legislation that takes parental rights away is insane, are you going to do anything about it in real life? (like get politically active and help elect people with traditional values).

You being an atheist and all, I get the feeling that you're not a part of the "When Jesus returns, He'll take care of this mess" crowd.

I'm going to wait to answer until the convo with Granite has progressed. I MAY change my mind here, shortly.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I hadn't thought about it that way. Are lasik, etc. also subsidized by the state?

Doesn't look like it.

That said, it's still a medical procedure, and an elective one (Medicaid/Care doesn't cover Lasik since it's not medically necessary). Rusha hadn't differentiated between those procedures covered by taxes or not (although this may make a difference to her) but it does circle back to the issue of the medical age of consent.

(Sidebar: Gender reassignment may well not a good comparison if it's indeed an issue of being trapped in the "wrong" body, in which case reassignment is definitely necessary for one's well-being. This is very likely the rationale behind its being covered in the first place. Let the moralizers commence with the howling.)

If a fifteen-year-old wants a nose job--or breast augmentation, or Lasik--that's all within their rights given Oregon's MOAC, right? I for one don't know if it's such a hot idea to meddle with this.

Interestingly enough it looks like Medicare does cover chiropractor visits. Hypothetical: Would someone who thinks chiro is quackery have a leg to stand on if they griped about their tax dollars subsidizing their neighbor's visit to a chiro? "Taxpayers subsidize fake 'medicine'; residents cry foul." I can see it now. It'd be nowhere near as pitched or sexy of a controversy but once we start picking and choosing you might as well go big or go home.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Doesn't look like it.

That said, it's still a medical procedure, and an elective one (Medicaid/Care doesn't cover Lasik since it's not medically necessary). Rusha hadn't differentiated between those procedures covered by taxes or not (although this may make a difference to her) but it does circle back to the issue of the medical age of consent.

(Sidebar: Gender reassignment may well not a good comparison if it's indeed an issue of being trapped in the "wrong" body, in which case reassignment is definitely necessary for one's well-being. Let the moralizers commence with the howling.)

If a fifteen-year-old wants a nose job--or breast augmentation, or Lasik--that's all within their rights given Oregon's MOAC, right? I for one don't know if it's such a hot idea to meddle with this.

Interestingly enough it looks like Medicare does care chiropractor visits. Hypothetical: Would someone who thinks chiro is quackery have a leg to stand on if they griped about their tax dollars subsidizing their neighbor's visit to a chiro? "Taxpayers subsidize fake 'medicine'; residents cry foul." I can see it now. It'd be nowhere near as pitched or sexy of a controversy but once we start picking and choosing you might as well go big or go home.

:think: That's a lot to consider. I'm gonna pull back up to the couch and do just that. Thanks, G.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
..Interestingly enough it looks like Medicare does cover chiropractor visits. Hypothetical: Would someone who thinks chiro is quackery have a leg to stand on if they griped about their tax dollars subsidizing their neighbor's visit to a chiro? "Taxpayers subsidize fake 'medicine'; residents cry foul." I can see it now. It'd be nowhere near as pitched or sexy of a controversy but once we start picking and choosing you might as well go big or go home.

I've been to a chiropractor before, but for some reason I never associated it with having my genitals mutilated (and I don't believe anyone other than you and your fellow atheists and pagans would associate one with the other either).

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Then you shouldn't be defending the LGBTQueer movement that legislated amongst other things to allow a youth to have his genitals mutilated.

LOL. No one forces children to get gender reassignment. Parents DO, however, force circumcision on children. That's ACTUAL mutilation. So, now, will you please show me where your moral code commands anyone not to rape, or not to harm children, since you're all comfy up there on your high horse?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
LOL. No one forces children to get gender reassignment.

The LGBTQueer movement tricks gender confused youth into believing that the best way to deal with their confusion is to go with their inner feelings and cross dress, take puberty blocking drugs, and later have their genitals mutilated.

In fact there is pending legislation that wouldn't allow counseling for gender confused children (brought to you by the LGBTQueer movement of course).

Parents DO, however, force circumcision on children.

The audacity of parents not to ask their day old baby if he wants to be circumcised!

That's ACTUAL mutilation.

I recall that San Fransicko had a measure on the ballot outlawing circumcision.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/18/san-francisco-circumcision-ban_n_863945.html

I still haven't figured out why a bunch of fags would care if someone's boy has foreskin or not other than taking yet more parental rights away from them.

So, now, will you please show me where your moral code commands anyone not to rape, or not to harm children, since you're all comfy up there on your high horse?

It's in the Book that you moral relativist atheists borrow off of a fair amount of the time. (Pick up the Bible and read it, honestly it won't burn your fingers too badly).

Granite

Hall of Fame
LOL. No one forces children to get gender reassignment. Parents DO, however, force circumcision on children. That's ACTUAL mutilation. So, now, will you please show me where your moral code commands anyone not to rape, or not to harm children, since you're all comfy up there on your high horse?

So far no one's been to able to establish this as a Big Gay Evil Conspiracy simply because...it isn't.