babylon the great

everready

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
― Edmund Burke

you repeated my post about ignoring history

Oh, i thought something different, but what you've said here makes sense "Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it"

What about the Inquisitions?

Isn't the original worded like this?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

everready

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
In John of Patmos' apocalyptic Revelation, Babylon is the monster with seven heads. It was a profound metaphor for Rome with its seven hills and its leader Nero.

Today I can easily apply John's own theological vision to the present. For me Babylon is the symbol for the powers and principalities of the world today.

They are the same powers (the priests--the church--along with the government) that killed Jesus.

Interplanner

Destroyed, but a delay is allowed before the NHNE. (The Rev does not present a return other than a judgement and destruction. The NHNE ensues right after that). It is the same delay allowed in Mk 13 and Mt 24B, and addressed by 2 Pet 3.

Zeke

it is a city
not a church
the Church is not famous for trade
and
it can still be found

it has not fallen
not even once

Well the wealth of the Vatican says different, that Corporation owns this land stolen from the Indians, not to mention all the other lands that held minerals and natural resources to blunder under the banner of religion, And also owns every human/beast who carries her ID, that surname makes everyone her children/chattle who depend on her for their survival from birth to death, free range cattle still get rounded up for the slaughter.

The theft ring includes London crown Corp ,DC the right arm of force, and Jezebel herself the Vatican hiding behind religion.

SonOfCaleb

The Babylon the Great spoken of in Revelations is symbolic. Its modern day application applies to the current Empire of false religion.
The parallel used by Jesus when he delivered Revelation to John is an excellent one. As the literal Babylon the Great that sat on the waters of the Euphrates assuming her empire was untouchable bears all the parallels to the modern day empire of false religion. Indeed it was Babylon where false religion and pagan worship began spreading to all corners of the Earth.