ECT Which Gospel?

achduke

Johnny,

Paul is referencing in Romans that the Gentiles in Romans are the same Gentiles in Hosea. The scriptures I provided you are not random. Most of the scripture I have provided you are from Hosea. If we take it slow you will see Hosea is about how Israel is two divided kingdoms. The House of Israel and the House of Judah. The House of Israel is cast or lost among the nations to be as Gentiles. God will reunite these two Kingdoms fully at the end. Some of them have come back already and they were the first Christians but they have not all been reunited. They have forgotten their roots but God will show them so they remember where they are from.

All are one in Christ. That one people are still Israel God's people. He has not forgotten them and will bring them back. We in the BOC are Israel. Reading Romans 11 you will see we are grafted onto the root. All Israel will be saved.

Jer 31:20 Is Ephraim My dear son? Is he a pleasant child? For though I spoke against him, I earnestly remember him still; therefore My heart yearns for him; I will surely have mercy on him," says the LORD.

Jer 31:27 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD, "that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man and the seed of beast.

You will notice we have a new covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. There was no House of Gentiles because the Gentiles are grafted into Israel like Ruth was grafted in. (Read Romans 11)

Rut 1:16 But Ruth said: "Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following after you; for wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God, my God.

Last edited:

achduke

:up:

Peter tells us this was fulfilled

(1 Peter 2:10 KJV) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Dispensationalists claim Peter was addressing Jews.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Only the Israelites from the 10 tribes were told they were not a people, and that God would not have mercy on them.

God had mercy on the Jews:

(Hosea 1:7 KJV) But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah,....

Yet, the Darby followers claim Peter was addressing Jews.

1 Peter 2:10 was mostly fulfilled where as they have mercy through Christ and at that time some of Israel came back but Israel is not completing reunited yet.

In Jeremiah we see that they will have no need in the end times to teach each other because the Holy Spirit will teach everyone but here we are on a forum still teaching each other.

Jer 31:34 "No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," says the LORD. "For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

This has not happened.

SaulToPaul 2

Evidently you don't, because 2 Cor 3 tells us Paul was a minister of the New Covenant.

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

How did that verse get in there!?

:noway:

SaulToPaul 2

We live in the New Covenant.

If you did, God would cause you to walk in his statutes and do them.
He that commits sin is of the devil. He that is born of God sinneth not.

As it is know, you have a choice whether to obey the Spirit or obey your flesh. Even at your best, it's probably 65/35.

SaulToPaul 2

A Jew may be an Israelite and an Israelite may not necessarily be a Jew.

But it is their reunification as "one sheepfold" with "David" as "their Shepard" that is always ultimately in view.

Yes, Danoh the Great.

Tet seems to believe that a circumcised God fearing Israelite couldn't be a Jew, yet a circumcised God fearing Gentile could be a Jew.

Jerry Shugart

How did that verse get in there!

It's a mistranslation. Here is the proper translation:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life" (2 Cor.3:6;KJV).​

Here the words "New Testament" refer to the Lord Jesus'last will and testament and in that will is found the gospel. And 2 Corinthians 3:6 screams out that it is the gospel which is being spoken of. John Calvin certainly understood that Paul was speaking of the ministry to preach the gospel, writing the following:

"'Not of the letter but of the spirit'...There is, however, no doubt, that by the term 'letter,' he means the Old Testament, as by the term 'spirit' he means the gospel; for, after having called himself a 'minister of the New Testament,' he immediately adds, by way of exposition, that he is a 'minister of the spirit,' and contrasts the letter with the spirit" [emphasis added] (John Calvin, Commentary on Corinthians - Volume 2, Christian Classics Ethereal Library).​

In the Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary we read the following remarks on 2 Corinthians 3:6:

"spirit giveth life--The spirit of the Gospel when brought home to the heart by the Holy Spirit, gives new spiritual life to a man (Ro 6:4, 11)" [emphasis added] (Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Commentary at 2 Corinthians 3:6).​

Therefore, we can understand that when Paul uses the words "new testament" at 2 Corinthians 3:6 the meaning is the "gospel."

And the following verse is referring to the same exact "ministry" to which Paul makes refetrence at 2 Corinthians 3:6:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).​

Last edited:

achduke

Go not in the way of the Gentiles, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (which are Gentiles).

[Per Tet]

The woman in Matthew 15 was a Canaanite who is a gentile from foreign nations. Not a gentle from the lost sheep from the house of Israel. Canaanite were the original people that were displaced by Israel.

musterion

The woman in Matthew 15 was a Canaanite who is a gentile from foreign nations. Not a gentle from the lost sheep from the house of Israel. Canaanite were the original people that were displaced by Israel.

She knew her place in the scheme of things, as a 'dog' and not a 'child.' That's why she was rewarded.

john w

Hall of Fame
Who do you think the House of Israel became?

Hos 8:8 Israel is swallowed up; now they are among the Gentiles like a vessel in which there is no pleasure.

Who did Christ come for first? Hint The House of Judah was not lost when Christ spoke that.

Mat 15:24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Romans 11 KJV

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 for this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Your version:

25 For I would not, brethren, as you are part of Israel, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye, as you are part of Israel,should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, which is you, since you are part of Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel, which is you, since you are part of Israel, shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 for this is my covenant unto them, which is also you, since you are part of Israel, when I shall take away their sins, and yours, since you are part of Israel. 28 As concerning the gospel, they,which is also you, since you are part of Israel, are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief, and yours, since you are part of Israel: 31 even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, which is you, since you are part of Israel, that he might have mercy upon all.

Brucie boy:Yes, members of the boc are blind, are not saved yet, are in unbelief today, are enemies of God, you see, uh, urr,..

Sit, as I told you.

john w

Hall of Fame
Johnny,

Paul is .............(followed by blah blah blah grunts ...spam...mutterings....copynpastes from other websites, not rightly dividing the word of truth.)

Made up, Brucie boy. And save your man crush on me, Brucie-I dig chicks.

"There was no House of Gentiles because the Gentiles are grafted into Israel like Ruth was grafted in. (Read Romans 11)"-Brucie

Wow! Read Romans 11!!! I had not thought of that, Brucie!!!

achduke

Romans 11 KJV

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 for this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Your version

25 For I would not, brethren, as you are part of Israel, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye, as you are part of Israel,should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, which is you, since you are part of Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel, which is you, since you are part of Israel, shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 for this is my covenant unto them, which is also you, since you are part of Israel, when I shall take away their sins, and yours, since you are part of Israel. 28 As concerning the gospel, they,which is also you, since you are part of Israel, are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, which is you, since you are part of Israel, that he might have mercy upon all.

Brucie boy:Yes, members of the boc are blind, are not saved yet, are in unbelief today, are enemies of God, you see, uh, urr,..

Sit, as I told you.

I think Romans 11:25 speaks for itself. The fullness of the Gentiles has not come in yet. THEN all Israel will be saved.

Who do you think Paul and Hosea are talking about when they speak of Gentiles?

One other thing Johnny, you sure like to bully everyone around. Maybe you should listen more and reason with others you do not agree with.

achduke

Made up, Brucie boy. And save your man crush on me, Brucie-I dig chicks.

"There was no House of Gentiles because the Gentiles are grafted into Israel like Ruth was grafted in. (Read Romans 11)"-Brucie

Wow! Read Romans 11!!! I had not thought of that, Brucie!!!

Everything I pasted was from searching the KJV on my phone.

Glad you call me Brucie. It is so endearing.

achduke

You're being a bit demeaning and belittling there; similar to what you reported JohnW for.

He Is doing the same to me and everyone else. He does not want to reason. He just bullies people and belittled them. He knows my name is not Brucie!

I would like to treat him as an adult but he does not act like one.