Divorce Lawyer gets hand blown off

Quetzal

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Naz celebrates in the physical violence against people he doesn't agree with.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Didn't I say remarriage was a problematic in my original post?...Why, yes. Yes I did.
You did. :thumb:

Here is what Jesus plainly said. Was He wrong to have said this?
Matthew 19:9New International Version (NIV) 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”
Why then do you highlight the except for sexual immorality but not the and marries another woman commits adultery? If remarriage is the problematic bit why is it not highlighted? Infidelity--bad (1 Co 6:9), divorce--worse (Mal 2:16), serial adultery worse still (Lk 16:18).

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
You did. :thumb:

Why then do you highlight the except for sexual immorality but not the and marries another woman commits adultery? If remarriage is the problematic bit why is it not highlighted? Infidelity--bad (1 Co 6:9), divorce--worse (Mal 2:16), serial adultery worse still (Lk 16:18).
Because your implication was that God never allows divorce. You are wrong. The highlighted portion shows that there is at least one case where God does allow for divorce.

Nazaroo

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Naz celebrates in the physical violence against people he doesn't agree with.

Nothing personal.

Naz celebrates the consistency of God in not providing special protection
to lawbreakers like lawyers who don't agree with God's laws of divorce,
and actively subvert God's justice.

There. Fixed that for ya!

HisServant

Nothing personal.

But divorce has always been regulated by the civil laws of the land... even in old testament Israel.

You seem to be confused by the vestiges of Catholicism.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The story is bad enough without us adding elaborate assumptions.

The backstory to this however paints an entirely different picture:

It suggests that she, not he, may have been the instigator of the woes,
because she apparently stole $3 MILLION DOLLARS from their company
a few months before surprising him with a divorce.

Then on top of that, the lawyers ensured that:

(1) SHE got primary custody of their son, and

(2) HE had to pay a further $500 per month to her in child support.

(3) the payments were increased later to $560...

So looks like the wife was a gold-digging scam artist,
in other words, a typical rich idiot, who wanted more.

Apparently she:

(1) Stole his fortune before announcing a divorce,

(2) Forced him to pay support payments,

(3) Attempted to wreck his relationship with a new partner,

(4) Attempted to flee with his son to Germany and spend his money there.

There's no history of violence or abuse,
or the court would not have awarded him joint custody of their child.

For a man to win custody rights in LESBIAN ONTARIO
he would have had to prove in court he was a good citizen,
upstanding member of the community, and able to provide
a good home for the boy while he stayed there,
as well as have no previous criminal record of violence relating to domestic
or spousal abuse.

Apparently he was simply a businessman before his life fell apart bigtime,
due to a hustling lying huckster wife

I wonder how the woman feels about her lawyer's new armless state.

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/national/312482151.html

The 49-year-old was charged Sunday with attempted murder and other offences after small voice recorders packed with an explosive compound were sent to his ex-wife Iris Amsel's workplace as well as two law firms.

Guido Amsel has not entered a plea to the charges and remains in custody pending another court date Thursday.

The first bomb exploded last Friday, causing severe injuries to Maria Mitousis, the 38-year-old lawyer who represented Iris Amsel in the couple's lengthy divorce and in a lawsuit in which she claimed her former husband owed $40,000 from an auto body shop they had jointly run while married.

The second bomb was found Saturday at an auto repair shop where Iris Amsel works, and was detonated by police. The third bomb was found at a law office where Sarah McEachern used to work and safely detonated by police. McEachern represented Guido Amsel in the lawsuit filed by his wife, but withdrew as his lawyer last September.

The court documents show McEachern cited "a breakdown of the relationship between the law firm Orle Bargen Davidson LLP and Mr. Amsel" when she quit the case. Guido Amsel then represented himself.

The only assumption I can add is that anyone who is evil enough to target his own lawyer as well as his spouse's lawyer AND anywhere in their close proximity is not a reliable source.

THREE BOMBS. I can't imagine why the mother would feel the need to temporarily relocate out of the country to keep her child safe.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Nothing to reconcile... She told everyone she was a Christian, but from conversations with her over the years, I know she wasn't. Eventually the eldership of the church came to the same conclusion."
An elder told you to file for divorce? :rolleyes: 1 Co 7:27 GWT, Mal 2:16

"It always amazes me that people think marriage is for life."
How passé. :rolleyes: Mt 19:6, Rom. 7:2, 3
"... I labored under the same delusion for 17 years..."
:popcorn:
"...[T]ried to make it work..."
"...[E]ven convinced myself it was my thorn in the flesh."

You chose--you (Eph 5:25). :idunno:

"Anyhow, the marriage situation today..."
"New morality is just old sin." ~ J. Vernon McGee

"...[Y]our misunderstanding of scripture has reached the point of epic stupidity."
:yawn: Mt 19:11, ESV

See:

Divorce & Remarriage: A Position Paper by John Piper

Quetzal

Nothing personal.

So, the other murderers and criminals running around uncaught right now celebrate consistency? There are many adjectives I have heard to describe the Christian God and consistent has never been one of them

Nazaroo

THREE BOMBS. I can't imagine why the mother would feel the need to temporarily relocate out of the country to keep her child safe.

Where's the evidence she felt this way?

She never even filed a 'cease and desist' or even a peace-bond.

And had there been any prior indications, you can believe here in
Queeranada that she would have automatically gotten a non-contact order.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...[W]hen it comes to his understanding of divorce he is dealing in absolutes..."
God absolutely hates divorce (Mal 2:16, Mt 19:8). Understand the exceeding sinfulness of sin (Ro 7:13).

"...and doesn't take into consideration of what Jesus is really saying due to the context and culture of the time."
What God really meant when he said I hate divorce is--I love divorce (Mal 2:16). :idunno: What Jesus really meant when he said you are not free to commit serial adultery was--make it up as you go along (Lk 16:18). :idunno:

See:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where's the evidence she felt this way?

She never even filed a 'cease and desist' or even a peace-bond.

And had there been any prior indications, you can believe here in
Queeranada that she would have automatically gotten a non-contact order.

:think: Seriously. The *evidence* is in the fact that this lowlife nutcase reacted in a way that few soon to be divorcees do:

He made three murder attempts.

So much for him wanting a relationship with his son.

HisServant

God absolutely hates divorce (Mal 2:16, Mt 19:8). Understand the exceeding sinfulness of sin (Ro 7:13).

What God really meant when he said I hate divorce is--I love divorce (Mal 2:16). :idunno: What Jesus really meant when he said you are not free to commit serial adultery was--make it up as you go along (Lk 16:18). :idunno:

See:

Yet God is divorced.... stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

He doesn't hate it enough to not do it himself.

He hates it but understands the necessity of it.

Like I said before, you cannot see the forest for the trees... thank goodness you don't teach people... if you do, I feel sorry for them.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Jesus never endorsed divorce (Mal 2:16, Mt 19:8).] Except in the case of sexual immorality. Mt 19:9 NIV

He's all for divorce (Mal 2:16). :idunno: He'll walk you down to the courthouse to file (Mt 19:8) :BRAVO: He'll attend your divorce paRty and
drunk_walk-2125.gif
even make the wine1
mousy.gif
(Mt 11:19).

See:

1 a charge against him--untrue by the way (Heb 4:15). Marriage: worthy of the Jesus' presence (John 2:1–11).

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[God absolutely hates divorce (Mal 2:16, Mt 19:8). Understand the exceeding sinfulness of sin (Ro 7:13).] "Yet God is divorced.... stick that in your pipe and smoke it."
Didn't that poor
happyyid.gif
Hosea have to marry that
mousy.gif
dirty whore Gomer? :sigh: Why didn't he flee for Tarshish? :granite:

The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD [Hos. 1:2].

"...When God said to Hosea, “Go,” He was not just granting him permission to marry Gomer; it was a command to do so. Hosea probably was a young man, probably living in the Ephraim country of the northern kingdom. He met this beautiful girl and fell madly in love with her, and then she played the harlot. Naturally he wanted to put her aside. He might have wanted to marry her, but he wouldn’t dare do that in a little town—and the Mosaic Law said to stone her. What is he going to do? God said, “Go and marry her.” God is actually asking him to break the Mosaic Law. Someone will say, “That’s terrible.” Not when God tells you to do it, my friend. God said to him, “Hosea, you were in love with her, and now you want to put her aside. I don’t want you to put her aside; I want you to marry her. She is a wife of harlotry and child of harlotry.” Apparently there was a record of unfaithfulness in her family.

Here at the very beginning, the Lord makes clear to Hosea how He is going to use this experience in the prophet’s life. He said, “For the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD.” He is comparing that which is physical harlotry or adultery to that which is spiritual harlotry or adultery.

This is applicable to the believer today. You can play fast and loose with God, and you are nothing in the world but a harlot, a spiritual harlot, in His sight. That is exactly the language He uses here, and God uses pretty plain language. I wish the pulpit today were a little stronger than it is. We all are trying to be very nice and, as a result, we sometimes do not speak as strongly as the Word of God does." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophets (Hosea/Joel) (electronic ed., Vol. 27, pp. 24–26). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

"He doesn't hate it enough to not do it himself."
Are you of the mind that God is finished with the nation Israel? Isa 43:14-28 God does not break his covenants--you do (Is. 24:5, Ezek. 44:7)--but God does not.

"He hates it but understands the necessity of it."
:noway: You're projecting again. God never endorses divorce (Mal 2:16, Mt 19:8). It was required for foreign wives :granite: (Ezra 10:1–16) because all that God does leads to life and good living (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

"Like I said before, you cannot see the forest for the trees... thank goodness you don't teach people... if you do, I feel sorry for them."
:yawn: Heb. 13:4

See:

Nazaroo

:think: Seriously. The *evidence* is in the fact that this lowlife nutcase reacted in a way that few soon to be divorcees do:

He made three murder attempts.

I'm going to both agree and disagree with you here.

His reaction was unusually harsh for a divorcee statistically.

However, his situation (certainly in his own mind) was also unusual.

She did not just divorce him:

(1) She stole 3 million dollars.

(2) THEN announced her intent to divorce.

(3) Then fought and got main custody of his son.

(4) Then sued and got support payments.

(5) Then sued and had the payments increased.

(6) Then harrassed her ex-husband's new partner and tried to frame her
and slander her for cheating.

(7) Then poisoned his son against him, and probably conspired with
the son to rip him off for his money.

(8) Then she attempted to leave the country with his son.

Many would consider these circumstances also quite extreme,
even for a bitter divorce.

--------------------
After a long bitter drawn out battle for money and custody,
he took some violent counteraction.

(1) Its not clear that he attempted to kill.
The explosive charges were small and possibly designed to maim
or blind rather than kill.

(2) Its not at all clear that his actions constitute murder.
They can also be construed as self-defence and defence of property and family.

So much for him wanting a relationship with his son.

The unfortunate result of this final blowup (no pun intended),
is that yes, he is already alienated from his son,
and now has likely lost him as a friend and family member in this lifetime.

I doubt however that it was his original intent,
and the son may have contributed to the situation
by siding with the gold-digging mom.

I strongly suspect that the son's loyalty was also easily influenced
by the amount of money the woman took off with.
The whole affair looks very seedy on all sides.