Moon Landing Hoax

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Another perfectly good Moon Landing Hoax thread has turned into a Flat Earth thread where people aren't "sold" on gravity.

I didn't know flat earth people really exist.

I thought he was joking.

I read there's about 200 of them in the whole world.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I was referring to the red bull video.

And as I said before, it all comes down to dubious pictures. Others have tried to say there is much proof for the globe besides alleged photos, but when push comes to shove, we keep going back to pictures. Because that's all the globularists have is fake pictures. It is like I said, without paintings and fish lenses, you have nothing but some speculations

The only thing "dubious" at this point is your willful dismissal of facts & science. The only thing you have offered up to this point is your personal opinion, which appears to be that of an undereducated rube (just my impression of course), you are not even in the realm of reality at this point Daniel. All I can say at this point is just... WOW! I have never encountered such willful ignorance. :nono:

Daniel1611

I didn't know flat earth people really exist.

I thought he was joking.

I read there's about 200 of them in the whole world.

There's thousands and thousands. Maybe millions. Check Math Boylan's YouTube channel called thenasachannel. Another good one is Eric Dubay. His YouTube is just his name then he has the International Flat Earth Research Society. I would stay away from the group that calls itself "the flat earth society" though.

It sounded ridiculous to me too. I listened to them for a laugh. But they make enough good points to at the least make you doubt the globe model.

Tyrathca

This thread has become an extreme example of the Dunning-Kruger affect. (wiki has a nice summary for those who've never heard of it.)

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Here is some video showing air bubbles rising as NASA and the Russians fake ISS footage in a giant water tank. If you do a Google or YouTube search you will find more videos like this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=38ynHKGzplQ
Biggest problem is that the "bubble" is not behaving like a bubble in water. There is no evidence of turbulence, cavitation or nucleation of the "bubble" that we would see in water. Note how the bubbles behave in this video of an actual training session in water. Look at the bubble and then compare it to your video. The "bubble" in your video looks more like debris than an air bubble.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
This thread has become an extreme example of the Dunning-Kruger affect. (wiki has a nice summary for those who've never heard of it.)

Speaking of which, here's a quote:
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude.​
It's quite the phenomenon to watch these jacks of all trades (but masters of none) declare with absolute certitude that the scientific consensus is wrong because the earth is flat, the earth revolves around the sun, the moon landing was hoaxed, anthropogenic climate change isn't happening, plate tectonics is a fraud, etc...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Biggest problem is that the "bubble" is not behaving like a bubble in water. There is no evidence of turbulence, cavitation or nucleation of the "bubble" that we would see in water. Note how the bubbles behave in this video of an actual training session in water. Look at the bubble and then compare it to your video. The "bubble" in your video looks more like debris than an air bubble.

Kind of odd that it just stops "rising." But maybe in Russian water, bubbles act differently.

Daniel1611

But
Speaking of which, here's a quote:
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude.​
It's quite the phenomenon to watch these jacks of all trades (but masters of none) declare with absolute certitude that the scientific consensus is wrong because the earth is flat, the earth revolves around the sun, the moon landing was hoaxed, anthropogenic climate change isn't happening, plate tectonics is a fraud, etc...

I think it is funny that NO ONE here has actually seen the earth from space but they all KNOW it's a ball. Well, now it's a pear says Neil Degrasse Tyson. Sorry folks. Those NASA pictures show a perfect ball but it is actually a pear.

Keep eating NASA's BS. Shovel it in and swallow it like good little lambs.

HisServant

But

I think it is funny that NO ONE here has actually seen the earth from space but they all KNOW it's a ball. Well, now it's a pear says Neil Degrasse Tyson. Sorry folks. Those NASA pictures show a perfect ball but it is actually a pear.

People like you still exist?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
But

Until you can counter the math with more than your personal observations, there is no reason to believe anything you say.

Daniel1611

Until you can counter the math with more than your personal observations, there is no reason to believe anything you say.

Untill Neil explains why all the pictures show a perfect circle but he says it is now a pear shape, I will laugh at him and anyone that listens to him.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Untill Neil explains why all the pictures show a perfect circle but he says it is now a pear shape, I will laugh at him and anyone that listens to him.
Okay, here he is explaining it:
vlEq00KvBRAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Earth is not only oblate — wider at the equator than pole-to-pole, but pear shaped — slightly wider just south of the equator

In order to understand what he is saying, you must first understand that because the Earth is spinning it is subject to centrifugal force. This means that the Earths radius measured across the equator is lightly longer than the radius measured from the poles. The Earth is, like all spinning planets, an ellipsoid.

"Pear shaped" is a bit of an exaggeration. The amount the earth varies from a ellipsoid at any point on the earth's surface is minuscule compared to the size of the earth, so you wouldn't see it if you were far enough away to see the whole earth.

As a matter of fact, it's almost impossible to see the flattening at the poles (the diameter of the earth along the polar axis is approximately 1/300th of a diameter shorter than the diameter through the equator). This has been accepted fact since at least 1910. On the other hand, the "pear shaped" quality is described as "a subject of much discussion" in Page on noaa.gov called "Geodesy for the Layman" published in 1983, and then dismissed as being too small to make any difference in normal geodesy (surveying/map making) practice.

There. His comment has been explained and a foundation for that explanation provided. Your challenge has been met.
vlEq00KvBRAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==