ECT "Don't make any attempt at trying to make My words fit your theology"-- God.

Cross Reference

"Don't make any attempt at trying to make My words fit your theology"-- God.

"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."
Deuteronomy 4:2 (KJV 1900)

The Blessing for acknowledging God when being obedient:

"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. *For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book,

The warning for disobedience; ignorance, willful or otherwise:

If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book
: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.*The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
Revelation 22:13–21 (KJV 1900)

Interplanner

The adding may be adding the modern Israel scene to it all, when it says it is about (1st century) things at hand, quickly, soon. Or adding a Judaised element to the long reign of Christ when none was intended.

Cross Reference

The adding may be adding the modern Israel scene to it all, when it says it is about (1st century) things at hand, quickly, soon. Or adding a Judaised element to the long reign of Christ when none was intended.

Maybe, could be, perhaps. Don't you think you owe to yourself to be certain instead of believing you can support yourself on so much hot air doctrine?

Interplanner

I learned from reading church history that the Reformation movement generally adopted the belief that the Rev was not to be a base for any doctrine, unless the doctrine was clear from the apostle's letters. I think that is a very sensible idea. I don't find anything about a future Israel that is clear in those letters.

Cross Reference

I learned from reading church history that the Reformation movement generally adopted the belief that the Rev was not to be a base for any doctrine, unless the doctrine was clear from the apostle's letters. I think that is a very sensible idea. I don't find anything about a future Israel that is clear in those letters.

Well, I guess there is just nothing in Revelations worth reading. That's unfortunate.

HisServant

Well, I guess there is just nothing in Revelations worth reading. That's unfortunate.

Apocryphal writings like Revelation were the equivalent to a political cartoon of today. Without understanding the current actors at the time of its writing, its impossible to interpret.

Interplanner

CrossR,
it is worth infinite value in a time of persecution. You have reduced its worth to knowing-it-all-ness about the future.

The assertion was that IF a doctrine is not crystal clear elsewhere, don't go out on a limb with the Rev about it. Look for ex. at 2 Peter 3. Nothing about Israel. Is there a clue there?

Cross Reference

CrossR,
it is worth infinite value in a time of persecution. You have reduced its worth to knowing-it-all-ness about the future.

The assertion was that IF a doctrine is not crystal clear elsewhere, don't go out on a limb with the Rev about it. Look for ex. at 2 Peter 3. Nothing about Israel. Is there a clue there?

The subject of unclearness is a problem you are saddled with and certainly doesn't apply to those who have understanding without swinging on your gate.

Cross Reference

I've been to enough Pentecostal services to discern their spirit... none have been of God.

Is that a fact? And what credentials, spiritual or otherwise, do you have that you should pass judgment?

Question2: How come you attended so many times if you declared none to be of God?

Interplanner

Why would it be about our times when the 1st chapter says it is about things happening then, quickly, swiftly? when the harlot is described the same way as Mt 23 about Jerusalem? When the bride and groom are already married in Eph 5?

And of course, what is "unclear" about any of those questions? Unclear or unwanted?

Cross Reference

Why would it be about our times when the 1st chapter says it is about things happening then, quickly, swiftly? when the harlot is described the same way as Mt 23 about Jerusalem? When the bride and groom are already married in Eph 5?

And of course, what is "unclear" about any of those questions? Unclear or unwanted?

How 'bout lack of understanding as in 'no insight' on your part that must be factored in to any question you ask?

Interplanner

Now I really don't know what you mean. Which of the three questions have no insight? They have no current pop Lindsay-Walvoord-Ryrie prophecy mania, but I don't care. All that does is create Campings. I care whether they ask real questions.

Tell me why there is 2P2P in the Bible.

Cross Reference

Now I really don't know what you mean. Which of the three questions have no insight? They have no current pop Lindsay-Walvoord-Ryrie prophecy mania, but I don't care. All that does is create Campings. I care whether they ask real questions.

Tell me why there is 2P2P in the Bible.

And everyone has a right to read insightful answers. However, your questions are, in my estimation are, unlearned questions meaning, without knowledge or knowledge from a another gospel...

Interplanner

I already knew you would say that. What exactly? Rev 1 says these things will happen quickly, soon, at hand?

It is irrational to put 2000 years in there.