ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

lifeisgood

Decisively answered here, here, and here.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

The ORGANIZATION RCC cannot save anyone, has never saved anyone, and will never be able to save anyone, especially, the Catholics that follow the ORGANIZATION.

The ONLY path to God is Jesus Christ and His finished work at the Cross plus absolutely NOTHING.

It matters not that the organization RCC states otherwise.

Now, if a person wants to follow the ORGANIZATION, instead of Jesus Christ and His finished work exclusively, that is the free choice of each individual.

Cruciform

Now, if a person wants to follow the ORGANIZATION, instead of Jesus Christ and His finished work exclusively
Where have I ever suggested that one can be saved by the Catholic Church RATHER THAN by faith in Jesus Christ? You have here merely engaged in a False Dilemma Fallacy. Try again.

Back to Post #1741.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Jerry Shugart

Already answered (Post #1737).

How could you have possibly answered what I said about this verse since you never even mentioned it?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

Of course you never addressd Paul's answer to the question. Instead, both you and Rome just run and hide from it in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answer.

And then you turn around and say that it has already been answered. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Last edited:

Cruciform

How could you have possibly answered what I said about this verse since you never even mentioned it?:"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).Of course you never addressd Paul's answer to the question. Instead, both you and Rome just run and hide from it in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answer.And then you turn around and say that it has already been answered. Nothing could be further from the truth!
Post #1737

Jerry Shugart

My mistake. Rather, Post #1737

How could you have possibly answered what I said about this verse since you have never even mentioned it?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

Of course you never addressd Paul's answer to the question. Instead, both you and Rome just run and hide from it in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answer.

And then you turn around and say that it has already been answered. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Jerry Shugart

Nope. Read Post #1737 again, more slowly this time.

In that post you said nothing about this verse:

If you still think you did then just copy and paste what you said about the verse.

Jerry Shugart

It doesn't matter, because...(now read Post #1737).

It doesn't matter?

But you said that you addressed my points. How could you possibly have addressed my points about what is said at Acts 16:30-31 unless you actually address that verse:

As usual those who follow Rome just run and hide from anything written in the Scriptures which contradict the teaching of the church at Rome!

So if anyone is thinking about following the church at Rome they better get used to the idea of not getting any straight answers.

Jerry Shugart

Did I say that I addressed your "points"...? (Read Post #1737 again.)

You usually just give a post number or say, "Already Answered."

But you never say, "I refuse to address your points concerning Acts 16:30-31 because I have no answer."

Instead, you do your best to leave the impression that my points about a particular passage from the Bible has been answered, even though you refuse to address that particular passage..

Again, all you do is run and hide from verses which contradict the teaching of Rome.