ECT Please explain why illogic is essential to your Gospel interpretation.

Interplanner

Sancoco,
I think you are wrestling with text criticism questions: are the originals accessible and are they valid?

In advanced theology, this is where the introductions to our published texts are necessary reading.

Let me give you a summary of how it works. There are about 5 originals that are in outstanding shape and quality and early. For the sake of symbolizing them for footnotes at the bottom of the pages of text publications, they are:

(A) Aleph (the 1st Hebrew letter)
B
C
D
p46 (Papyrus 46)

In my generation, we used American Bible Society's published text edited by B. Metzger. When there is a variation in a text, for ex., Acts 10:19, the first thing the note tells you at the bottom is what Aleph, B, C, D and p46 say. That's because of the general scholar and curator (museum) agreement that these are in the best original condition and completeness. If you look in the NIV for the same thing, it says "one early manuscript..." and then tells you the variation. That usually means there is one of the few variations between these 5.

Keep in mind that these main 5 have survived obnoxious people, fires, floods, earthquakes, etc. down through the years. It's in very good shape compared to many other records and writers.

The 2nd batch of footnote symbols will be all the secondary quality texts. There are about 2000 but they are all known to be later copies. They are still helpful because they show whether there was uniformity.

I hope that helps!

iamaberean

This forum is filled with illogical claims and stances that undermine themselves. For example, claiming all denominations have fallen away either from the time of Constantinople or up until recent history but somehow the bibles written by these denominations have been faithful to the Word and have not been corrupted.
The denominations did not write the bible, the errors of the denominations come from the fact that their leaders became wolfs in sheep clothing.

Danoh

:
Originally Posted by Desert Reign
Very true.
This sentence doesn't make sense because of the use of the word 'either' without 'or'.

Thank you. The sentence should have read "from the time of Constantinople OR up until recent history"

Like I said "check your math" - for example, your above "corruption" was simply an oversight on your part; was it not?

These issues are never as black and white as we can at times "corrupt" them into seeming to be.

Here, this is for you - a well intended "corruption" of sorts, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IavMd8aeWb8

And that, the result of an originally, ill intended corruption of a people...

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thank you. The sentence should have read "from the time of Constantinople OR up until recent history"

The phrase "from the time of Constantinople" is found on many references, including scholarly. Also, the term "from the time of" + [name/place] has over 30,000,000 hits on Google.

https://www.google.com/search?q="fr...rom+the+time+of"+grammar&safe=active&start=10

You need to educate yourself. There are multiple threads on this forum that discuss this topic. Search Google - site:http://www.theologyonline.com constantinople

Look buddy you are getting confused.

Jesus says bad fruit can only come from bad trees so if the premise is the Catholic Church departed from the Body of Christ AT THE TIME OF CONSTANTINOPLE then by logical inference the Catholic Bible must be "bad fruit" to. Therefore, any derivative of said bible is also bad. This isn't my logic, but Jesus Christ's.

I repeat, Constantinople is a city. You are not making any sense. Your problem is that there is too much blood in your alcohol system.

Sancocho

The denominations did not write the bible, the errors of the denominations come from the fact that their leaders became wolfs in sheep clothing.

Please provide references of who wrote your bible. Sorry if I won't take your word for it for whatever you may come up with.

HisServant

This forum is filled with illogical claims and stances that undermine themselves. For example, claiming all denominations have fallen away either from the time of Constantinople or up until recent history but somehow the bibles written by these denominations have been faithful to the Word and have not been corrupted.

"A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit."

which clearly establishes no bibles can be used from a "fallen" denomination without accepting all their theology UP UNTIL THE POINT THEY FELL because by inference they would have been considered a "good tree" up until that point.

The bible was never promised to Christians... the Holy Spirit was promised to lead us into all truth. If you totally concentrate on the bible as strictly an academic exercise you are doomed to failure.

The Holy Spirit still leads us into all truth... even today.

Sancocho

The bible was never promised to Christians... the Holy Spirit was promised to lead us into all truth. If you totally concentrate on the bible as strictly an academic exercise you are doomed to failure.

The Holy Spirit still leads us into all truth... even today.

While I can't say much about you not having a well formulated theory of why the RCC is not valid I have to give you points for willing to go against the grain, which is a sign the Holy Spirit is a working. Keep it up, we are all on a journey.

HisServant

While I can't say much about you not having a well formulated theory of why the RCC is not valid I have to give you points for willing to go against the grain, which is a sign the Holy Spirit is a working. Keep it up, we are all on a journey.

I have substantial facts that show that RCC is an impostor... you just refuse to acknowledge them... you are illogical.

Sancocho

I have substantial facts that show that RCC is an impostor... you just refuse to acknowledge them... you are illogical.

You have lot's of information but at the end of the day everyone is not valid.

However, I understand the sheer magnitude of claims would seem to infer some type of validity, but unfortunately this is a common misconception. I also see this type of phenomenon for my ongoing project regarding abortion, ie a lot of misinformation is put out there and most people never bother looking at the details nor the logic.

The good thing is God being logical and just won't judge people like you for believing the lies and misinformation they were given, only those who willingly propagate said knowing the Truth.