ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let's test that: Do it! Matthew 23:1-3 KJV

The earthly temple is no longer standing. What don't you get?
She is wondering how you are going to do what the Lord Jesus said to do. Cause here's what the Lord Jesus says to do ....
Matthew 23 KJV
(1) Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
(2) Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
(3) All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

What don't you get?

God's Truth

My sins are gone! They are ALL forgiven (Colossians 2:11-13 KJV)! God is NEVER AGAIN going to charge me for my sins again because they were charged to the Lord Jesus Christ in my place 2000 years before I was ever born (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV)! "Get it" and get saved!

No one has access to Jesus forgiving their sins unless that person comes to Jesus in faith and repentance.

That is what Jesus taught, and what the Apostles taught.

It is even what Apostles Paul taught.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,

When a person is saved, they have all their sins washed away. They are at that time as a new born. They are born again. What are we to do with our new born again life? We are to work it out with trembling and fear. We are to live obeying Jesus' words. We are to offer our bodies as living sacrifices. We are to live up to what we have been given.

Philippians 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

God's Truth

Romans 3:21-22 KJV

Paul is speaking about the ceremonial works that the JEWS DID TO MAKE THEMSELVES CLEAN, JUSTIFIED, and RIGHTEOUS.

Paul was speaking about a righteousness now by faith that Jesus' blood cleans us and no longer by the ceremonial works.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one has access to Jesus forgiving their sins unless that person comes to Jesus in faith and repentance.
Luke 23 KJV
(34) Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just a comment, Sir.

I can relate to your ministry in a health care setting. For 14 years I worked as an oncology tech with end-state cancer patients and their families.

When I first started, I wanted to "give help" to everyone but I soon found out that helping them got in the way with having good relationships with them. I finally began to just learn to "sit and stay in the moment" with them. To my surprise, that was what we both needed.

Staying present with others is the key, then you can easily deal with anything that comes up in the moment.

It turned out to be a profound gift to myself and others. I feel grateful and blessed to have enjoyed a job like that for so long.
On our visitation days we spend a lot of time listening, and even when they repeat themselves. We too have learned much from nursing home ministry, we are there for them. One very beneficial thing we have done, we take a 4x6 index card and put a verse on for the residents, it is something they remember, it blesses them and gives the opportunity to minister to them as the Lord would have us to do.

God's Truth

You and IMJ claim Matthew is to ya. Get on it!

Matthew 5:17-20 KJV

Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets means we do not have to clean ourselves anymore to go to a temple to worship God.

Now faith in Jesus' blood makes us clean, and we become the temple of the Living God.

That is what it means.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That is what Jesus taught, and what the Apostles taught.

It is even what Apostles Paul taught.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,

When a person is saved, they have all their sins washed away. They are at that time as a new born. They are born again. What are we to do with our new born again life? We are to work it out with trembling and fear. We are to live obeying Jesus' words. We are to offer our bodies as living sacrifices. We are to live up to what we have been given.

Philippians 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
Those scriptures do not nullify the scriptures I gave.

(This is fun.)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets means we do not have to clean ourselves anymore to go to a temple to worship God.

Now faith in Jesus' blood makes us clean, and we become the temple of the Living God.

That is what it means.
Just because you say so does not make it true.

(This is fun.)

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luke 23 KJV
(34) Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
Other than what is obvious, I think is much to learned from what Jesus said in Luke 23:34.

Sometimes it is we don't know about something that we know that it keeps us from knowing the whole truth and meaning of what Jesus said. And I'm still learning.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Luke 23 KJV

Those people still had to REPENT and FORGIVE others if THEY wanted to be forgiven.

Acts 2:36 "Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah."
When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"

38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

brinny

More on forgiving and forgiveness

Luke 7:36-50
36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee's house, and sat down to eat. 37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, "This man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner." 40 And Jesus answered and said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you." So he said, "Teacher, say it." 41 "There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?" 43 Simon answered and said, "I suppose the one whom he forgave more." And He said to him, "You have rightly judged." 44 Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. 45 You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. 46 You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. 47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little." 48 Then He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." 49 And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?" 50 Then He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."

John 20:22-23
22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."

PRECIOUS and beautiful account of God's inexplicable grace.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luke 23 KJV

Those people still had to REPENT and FORGIVE others if THEY wanted to be forgiven.
Jesus tells the Father to forgive them for they know what they do.
Jesus did not tell the Father to forgive them only if they repented and forgave others.

You think the Father is going to deny His Son?

IMJerusha

The BoC is not found in Rev. period. Hence, nothing to address.

1358225_orig.jpeg

IMJerusha

:up: It's really a shot at the Lord's faith and finished work in our place.

Only if you ignore huge mounds of Scripture....which apparently, you do.

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." Matthew 5:22

IMJerusha

:chuckle: That isn't going to work for you or anyone else today! That was of the dispensation of the gospel being committed to the apostle Paul, not you!

Oh, I get it! You don't have to witness, be obedient to Yeshua's Commission, you don't have to do anything. You can cheat, lie, abuse, murder, commit adultery and have yourself a grand old pile of sin a la mode! You can pick and choose whatever of God's Word you want and apply whatever interpretation you wish regardless of whether that interpretation conflicts with God's Word or not. If you don't like it, you just reason it away. Like all the Scripture you've posted below. Are you a Corinthian? Well, no you're not but you're going to accept Paul's letter to the Corinthians as applicable to you....at least those bits that suit you. And as I and others have pointed out, you're not exactly in agreement with all of Paul's teachings, especially the teachings that mirror Yeshua's on earth.

1 Corinthians 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

1 Corinthians 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

1 Corinthians 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

1 Corinthians 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

1 Corinthians 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

That "some" was the remnant (out of Israel Romans 10:1 KJV) according to the election of Grace which God foreknew (Romans 11:1-6 KJV)! It's why we see Paul doing very Jewish things during the book of Acts (Acts 16:3 KJV, Acts 18:18 KJV)!

1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

It has NOTHING to do with the dispensation of the grace of God (Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV)!

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Words from Paul to Timothy. They don't apply to you. They apply to Timothy. And ignore Paul's letter to the Ephesians since you're not an Ephesian. That's your creed....only pay attention to that which applies to you personally. But you know, your name's not in Scripture so where do you get the idea that any of it applies to you? What's the point of you reading Scripture at all? What's the point of you claiming belief in something when you have to modify it to something else entirely? I guess you need something to tout?...like it's a club membership or something....