ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll tell you why the "serve" isn't stressed by more believers. We take the charge of not boasting very seriously. Even a hint of what "we" do puts us in danger of sounding like those who boast in their own obedience/righteousness. I for one would rather err on the side of caution where that is concerned. I don't know of one single member of the body of Christ who would even dream of grieving the Spirit in us. We have no desire....because we have been freed from the Law. There is no "forbidden fruit" there. We have enough "faults" as human beings without going out seeking trouble.

Yeah.
The first things folks want to scream at grace believers is that we just want to have an excuse to go out and whoop it up with sin!

The fact is that they don't have clue what good deeds I have done throughout my life. My good deeds may be ten-fold of what they have done.
When the fact of the matter is that none of OUR righteous deeds releases us from death to eternal life. If that were even possible, then Christ needed not to come and die.

:thumb: Excellent!

glorydaz

Yeah.
The first things folks want to scream at grace believers is that we just want to have an excuse to go out and whoop it up with sin!

The fact is that they don't have clue what good deeds I have done throughout my life. My good deeds may be ten-fold of what they have done.
When the fact of the matter is that none of OUR righteous deeds releases us from death to eternal life. If that were even possible, then Christ needed not to come and die.

I know. At one point I told God's UNtruth that I obeyed a hundred times better than she did. I obeyed from the time I opened my eyes in the morning until I closed them at night. She didn't even bat an eye. Try to tell these folks the truth and what do we get. :chuckle:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah.
Paul even made the comparison that even though he had the liberty to eat all things, it would still be rude to do so in the home of someone that does not yet realize they can have that liberty.

Can I eat some popcorn? :noid: :popcorn:

glorydaz

Yeah.
Paul even made the comparison that even though he had the liberty to eat all things, it would still be rude to do so in the home of someone that does not yet realize they can have that liberty.

This is the best time I've had in days. No IMJ and no GT. If only it could always be this way....what a wonderful thing. :surf:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know. At one point I told God's UNtruth that I obeyed a hundred times better than she did. I obeyed from the time I opened my eyes in the morning until I closed them at night. She didn't even bat an eye. Try to tell these folks the truth and what do we get. :chuckle:
I might add ....

Galatians 3 KJV
(21) Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I might add ....

Galatians 3 KJV
(21) Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

I might add....

εκ νομου= out of law......no definite article....meaning from any law.

God's Truth

Jesus tells the Father to forgive them for they know what they do.
Jesus did not tell the Father to forgive them only if they repented and forgave others.

You think the Father is going to deny His Son?

Jesus forgave them and he is our example.

We still have to forgive others to be forgiven, and repent of our sins.

God's Truth

Actually "licence" is a legit translation.
When you have license, you have freedom. (Such as: a driver license gives you the legal freedom to drive, while those that don't have a licence do not have that freedom and are bound by law to not drive at all or they would be breaking the law).

And "license" is listed in Thayer's dictionary of Greek words:
G1657
ἐλευθερία
eleutheria
Thayer Definition:
1) liberty to do or to omit things having no relationship to salvation
2) fancied liberty
2a) licence, the liberty to do as one pleases
3) true liberty is living as we should not as we please
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G1658​

1 Corinthians 10 KJV
(29) Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?

So, yes, the BOC has the license (freedom) to sin because we are not bound by a law that says don't sin at all.
All others that sin are sinning without a license, and therefore breaking the law.

Jude 1:4

For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jude 1:4

For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

So....you pointin' fingers here on this basis?